November 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence - Gel Eyeliner Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is great for gel eyeliner cheap and firm but not so hard it hurts

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

I'm so obsessed, I use this brush with my Maybelline gel eyeliner and IT IS AMAZING!!! Very high quality, got one for my sister too but I'm planning to grab another one or two for myself just because I really don't like cleaning it everyday. (Although I still use it dirty for another day) It's sooo easy to do the perfect cat eye and I can create the thinnest lines with it. I would highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Aroob3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason when I use certain brushes they just poke my eye, but this did not. When I bought it I wasn't sure if my eye could yet it did. It puts on the colour really good and is easy to use. The only con would have the be that the handle thing feels a little like wood but still smooth. Also for the price it s totally worth it and would recommend it to people with 'sensitive eyes'. :) ♥

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

My fave gel eyeliner brush! This is a very high quality brush for such a low price it's obscene! Essence has always impressed me w the quality & prices of their products which don't reflect each other. I've only ever seen Essence makeup in the USA at Ulta (unfortunately since I hate Ulta, but Essence isn't considered prestige makeup so u can take advantage of the Ulta coupons in the Sunday circular which are usually $3.50 off $10 or something similar, 15%, etc). This brush works so well w Essence gel eyeliner (I use 01 Midnight In Paris, I think they may have DC other gel liner colors & to me excluding the other colors OR this brush is an unwise unsound business decision). I also have 1 of these brushes for using on my Benefit Brow Zings. I tried to buy more of these brushes at Ulta, but I've not seen them the past last couple of times & an Ulta SA mentioned that she thought she heard that Ulta has eliminated them from their stock. Wah!!! I did find that my 1st brush got a bit sloppy after having it for about 1 pot of gel liner, so I broke out a backup. I think the poor dear was just worn out coz I had used it almost every day for over 6 months (guesstimate?). If I ever see these brushes again I will snap them all up. They make the best 1960s wings esp using clear tape on the corners as guides. I feel like I have a lot of control w this brush, it doesn't make super fine lines like a liquid but the lines come out neat & reasonably thin or thick which ever u want for that day's look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall -5
Price -5
Packaging - 5

I picked up a few of these at my local Shoppers Drug Mart after watching a couple of youtubers recommend it. I needed something relatively cheap but effective for my gel eyeliner as I'm too lazy to clean the brushes every day. I'm not about to drop another $18-25 for a doubles of my higher end brushes ( I have the Sephora flat eyeliner and MAC 210 - and yes I know they are different shape/style brushes)
I usually tightline but it's great for days I want to do a nice cat eye as well. I've found that this one doesn't feel as if it pokes me as hard when I'm tightlining with my Sephora brush.

I have both the older purple bristle one and the newer pink bristle one. The pink bristles are shorter than the purple one but other than that, they work the same to me. I did notice that the pink one hasn't shed any bristles on me yet while the purple one has during cleaning. I bought them within 2 weeks of each other - the purple was on clearance for $1. I loved it so much I went back and picked up the pink one for $2/each.

Love, love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by arleneleow

I had this for a while. For the first few months, it worked fine. I used it for filling in my brows and lining my eyes. One day, I was cleaning it and as I was squeezing the excess water from the bristles, a bunch came out. So I would recommend being gentle and use a tissue to cover the wet bristles and gently squeeze. Over time, the bristles came out one by one but I still continued to use it because it was still useable. The one fine day, as I was filling in my brows, all the bristles just when inside the hole, if you get what I mean. I used my hand to pull it out a bit and it was very clear that it came loose. I filled in my brows again and with pressure against the bristles, it just went back inside again. I am gonna need a new one. I hope this problem wouldn't happen again when I buy another one. What does that mean? Yes, it means I would still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

I love this brush I use it for applying eyeshadow as an eyeliner wrks great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sidro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loove this brush..I got two, one for brows, one for eyes..I like the new edition more..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

Although it is cheap, I find that the brush gives a bit too much so it's a little hard to use. Maybe because of the synthetic bristles? Also, it;'s a bit wider than I find some other angled eyeliner brushes to be (Compare to eco tools).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by arlin7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best brushes for me to draw my liner. I absolutely love it. I have about 5 of them and use them almost everyday. Although I have Sigma, Mac, Real Techniques, etc. , this is my favorite. It is very cheap, affordable, gives a very precise line ( but not too thin ).
Definitely a must product for me and I 100% recommend it.