April 19, 2014 | 1618 users online

Blush - Le Metier de Beaute - Creme Fresh Tint in Ginger Lily

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a warm fall blush - something that would compliment my fall lip colors like Bobbi Brown Slopes or Kir. My boutique expert pulled this one to show me and I was completely skeptical. They convinced me to try it and just see. So I had them put it on me first. I REALLY liked it. Still hesitant to own something I wasnt sure about, I did what ever respectable makeup junkie does. I purchased this - ginger lilly AND By Terry sheer liquid blush in Amber. I fell in love with both - but I really enjoy the Le Metier Beaute blush a bit better. It's so easy to apply. It is not heavy or sticky. The color remains healthy and beautiful looking all day. No added shimmer. I can't wait to try it on my lips. When I want luminous shimmer- it's By Terry!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im a BR12 in Chanel, 115 in MUFE HD, for reference. Whatever redness I have is gone after foundation, so if Im 'ruddy' like the previous reviewer, isnt that what its for?
Anyways -- this blush adds a natural glow to my cheeks that isnt fake and too pink. It kind of looks like Ive been in the sun for a little too long, the kind of blush you can take across the top of your forehead and a swipe on your nose, and still look normal.
I really like that I can use only my fingers for application. With most cream blushes, I have to take some on a brush, blot excess off on my hand, apply to cheeks, blend out and then blend s'more using a clean brush. I only have to use one finger to apply this stuff, and just pat it out with that same finger, and its seamless.
My cheeks are normal, definitely not oily and not dry.. I applied at maybe 10AM and is is now 9PM. Its still there :) So no problem there, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely texture, lighter than most cream blushes but none of that velvet-silicone slip of NARS, not as heavy as BB. If you could take the color of the pickled ginger slices you get with sushi, add a whiteish beige base, and deepen it a tad, this is the color of the blush. I applied it using my fingers and it was dead on the color of the pads of my fingers. Unfortunately, with my ruddy skin this did not show up as a blush or give me more color. Fortunately, it did even out my ruddy cheeks and add a beigey-ginger softness I did not have, it toned down the redness and gave my cheeks some sheen. Very natural but not enough color for me to repurchase. (LM Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, for reference). Better suited for someone pale-to medium, warm. Hard to rate b/c my color mistake shouldn't = lower rating, but this shade was too flesh-toned to show up :(