April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Remarkable little jar. Its got natural ingredients which I like and smells good (Very honey floral organic like smell). The packaging is uber cute and you can get multiple uses out of it.
I lived in Michigan for the winter aka cold as ... And I naturally tend to get dry patches on my hands especially during the brutal winters. This is great to use on your lips, as a moisturizer for your body and hands and its a great deep moisturizing treatment for your feet as well when paired with cotton socks. Also, cosmetics wise you can use it to help you remove eye makeup gently and a little can be used on your lid for that clear sheen look.
Also good to tame your brows with. I also like to smooth a little over my tattoos it makes them look nice and smooth and the colors pop more. Overall a good handy little product to have in your beauty stash and a great replacement for vaseline. Only gripe? Its a tad bit pricey. But I think its worth the splurge. I bought it at bed bath and beyond, not sure where else it is sold but im pretty sure walgreens will more than likely carry it to

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this in lieu of Lucas Papaw because it truly is all natural. It is very hydrating and smooth. The only annoying aspect is the smell, but the product is so good that I'm willing to overlook that. I like to use it on my lips before bed, to groom my brows, remove lipstick, add a little sheen to my eyelids and brow bone, and anywhere that needs some extra nourishment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by likethecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing product - does everything Vaseline does with the added benefit of being made from all-natural ingredients. It also smells great. It's costlier than Vaseline but I think it also lasts longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff as a lip balm and weekly moisturizing face mask. I apply on Sunday morning (sometimes over a thin layer of maracuja or argan oil) and lounge around the house with it on all day. I don't use it at night because it would make my mid-length, fine, straight hair oily. But if I go back to a pixie cut, I'd probably try this as a final moisturizer at night. I found the smell a little odd at first, but now I like it.

Edit: I'm now using this on my feet with aloe socks. It is amazing at softening my feet. Even Vaseline never worked this dramatically or fast. Also fantastic on cuticles overnight! I went to my local Natural Grocers and got the small 2 oz size, so I can carry it in my purse. This stuff is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by SqueakyClean

I love this stuff and I'm happy to see the other positive reviews on MUA. I have nothing against petroleum jelly, but I love this stuff because of its staying power. It's (bees)wax based and not greasy and it really lasts. I use it on my lips and feet. It's also great for protecting the skin if you're gonna be outside in really cold, windy weather. Also, you don't need to use much - it lasts for quite a while. I bought one of the huge jars and I don't know if I'll ever get through it. Now I just buy the smaller jars, which are easier to carry around, anyway.

EDIT: I still really, really like this stuff, but I've found it does go bad after a while. I don't know exactly how long I've had my jar, but I'd guess around a year and a half. It's started to smell "off", so I'm getting rid of this jar and will be buying a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by beehivekristine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product for a really long time and I love it. I use it to remove makeup, it even takes off waterproof mascara. I had a friend visiting from out of town recently, and she forgot to pack her skin care kit, so she used my products. She had never heard of this. Of course, she's a total convert now! She raved so much that I felt compelled to review it.
If you've never tried this, treat yourself. It smells delicious, it's creamy, and it's much better for you than petroleum based products. I also love that it comes in a glass jar, which I save and use to store beads and litte things.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This has the most amazing true honey scent to my nose! I love it. I picked this up at wholefoods in the baby section. It's soy based and has a good ingredient list. I spread a bit in my palms and emulsify in order for it to become an oil. Sinks in my skin easily and really softens the skin. All purpose if you ask me. I have used this on dry cuticles and feet, ends of my hair, dry patches on my body, as a lip balm, and on my elbows. It worked great for all of them. If you are looking for a greener alternative to vaseline then this is it. I like this better than unpetroleum by Alba botanica.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by cestvrai

Let me start by saying this product is not cheap. A small container which is 2 oz for me, cost about $6, so not cheap at all, but it's worth every penny.
Unlike petroleum jelly the waxelene is made from all natural ingredients it contains: soybean oil, rosemary oil, vitamin e oil and beeswax. If you have an allergy to soybean this isn't a product for you.
If you don't have that allergy however, this is deeply moisturizing all purpose body product. A little goes a long way so use it sparingly. I've noticed it gives my skin a nice glow without makeup and has been improving my moisture level. I normally use it at night I feel it is more effective during that time of day but that's just a matter if preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sroberts89436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I'm not one to only use organic products but waxelene beats vaseline in moisturizing and improving texture of skin and lips. I also smooth it over eye and lip wrinkles at night and it plumps them! It smells like honey and when i put it on my son's boo boos they heal with no scars. I got it at whole foods for $6 and since you use way less then regular petroleum jelly it lasts forever. I used to have chronic chapped lips even when using Vaseline but with waxelene they are soft and smooth.
Update: So I can't use beeswax on my face, it causes pimples. I have also found out I'm allergic to a lot of natural ingredients. I still like this for feet,knees,hands,and elbows.
Update: 2012. After allergy test I am not allergic to anything in waxelene. I compared it with Vaseline and this works so much better on chapped lips and skin. I use it on my lips,hands and face with great results. It works for my little one too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a must have product. I never used petroleum jelly (vaseline) ever even before i knew how gross petroleum was because the stuff smells so bad.......why would any lady use that stuff anyway? Well Waxelene is an amazing product. I use it everyday as a body butter out of the shower, i also use it as a lip balm, hand cream, foot cream, on my sons skin, and a tiny bit here and there to slick my hair back into a bun. It has the smoothest consistency like butter and smells really good. Nice and sweet. I'd highly recommend this product to everyone.