October 25, 2014 | 1444 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For extra dry patches, hands, feet, callouses - this stuff is great. I slather it on, throw on a glove or sock, and in the morning it has penetrated and really made a dent in my dry spots.
It works very well on my lips also, just as a general balm. I imagine for those in colder, more arid climates, this could be a lifesaver.
It is not nearly as greasy as most butters, and since I don't ever use Vaseline, I cant compare it to that. However, it is somewhat greasy, so I wouldn't put it on and get dressed right away for fear of staining my clothing.
It smells to me like clover honey, not overpowering at all. The price was very reasonable, I still have most of a tub left and I use it pretty regularly.
Since it has beeswax, it's a great body bar component. I make my own using Waxelene, pure cocoa butter stick and add some oils, argan, coconut and carrot seed EO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product smells very strongly of rosemary, but if you can get over that, it seems to work pretty well. It does have a similar texture to vaseline although I would say it is more oily. I prefer to use shea butter instead of this product on rougher areas (think elbows and feet) because it penetrates better and lasts longer. This product is all right for normal to dry skin, but I think extremely dry, irritated, or chapped skin would require a more heavy-duty product. I think I will stick to my shea butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this when I need heavy duty moisturizing. At night, I use this on my lips, hands and feet. Keeps everything super soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 4 years now, as a healthy alternative to petroleum. Before this, I used the Un-Petroleum product available at WFs.

What I use this for mainly is: lip balm, DIY lipscrub (blend with a small pinch of coconut sugar), night time foot treatment and I use it to turn powder eyeshadow and blush into a luminous cream.

I have always had the jar, but in the last year they've brought it out in tubes. I especially enjoy the pocket-sized travel tube that they have at natural food stores. I now have a couple circulating in my handbag, makeup bag and gym bag.

It's also great for taming rogue eyebrow hairs in a pinch. I don't detect a smell and I have a pretty good sniffer, so it can't be that obvious if it does indeed have one.

What else? Oh, it's awesomely cheap. The other day Sprouts had the biggest jar on sale for $9.99...it was what I would consider a Costco-sized jar. Seems to go on sale enough to make it worth it, economically speaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So i usually buy my face products from Chagrin Valley because they make a great line of stuff for people like me. I have super sensitive rosacea that gets set off by everything. I bought a tube of Waxelene to carry in my purse to replace my Dr Bronners balm that I was using for my lips and hands. WHY didn't i know about this wonderful stuff earlier. It really helps my lips and hands with NO irritation at all. I have been using it in little spots here and there on my face to test the waters. So far so good and it has really helped with my dry itchy spots on my face. I put it on at night after I put my Chagrin Valley Seabuckthorn and Tamanu oil. I tried it this morning after my shower because I had a pesky dry spot that my Chagrin Valley Three Butters balm wouldn't seem to get rid of. It worked great with NO irritation. My face actually feels calm and moisturized. It is expensive but well worth it because a small amount goes a long way. Big bonus is that I can buy it at my local Sprouts store instead of having to order it online like i do my other products. I am a BIG fan of all natural simple products that are good for you. This is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Remarkable little jar. Its got natural ingredients which I like and smells good (Very honey floral organic like smell). The packaging is uber cute and you can get multiple uses out of it.
I lived in Michigan for the winter aka cold as ... And I naturally tend to get dry patches on my hands especially during the brutal winters. This is great to use on your lips, as a moisturizer for your body and hands and its a great deep moisturizing treatment for your feet as well when paired with cotton socks. Also, cosmetics wise you can use it to help you remove eye makeup gently and a little can be used on your lid for that clear sheen look.
Also good to tame your brows with. I also like to smooth a little over my tattoos it makes them look nice and smooth and the colors pop more. Overall a good handy little product to have in your beauty stash and a great replacement for vaseline. Only gripe? Its a tad bit pricey. But I think its worth the splurge. I bought it at bed bath and beyond, not sure where else it is sold but im pretty sure walgreens will more than likely carry it to

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this in lieu of Lucas Papaw because it truly is all natural. It is very hydrating and smooth. The only annoying aspect is the smell, but the product is so good that I'm willing to overlook that. I like to use it on my lips before bed, to groom my brows, remove lipstick, add a little sheen to my eyelids and brow bone, and anywhere that needs some extra nourishment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by likethecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing product - does everything Vaseline does with the added benefit of being made from all-natural ingredients. It also smells great. It's costlier than Vaseline but I think it also lasts longer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff as a lip balm and weekly moisturizing face mask. I apply on Sunday morning (sometimes over a thin layer of maracuja or argan oil) and lounge around the house with it on all day. I don't use it at night because it would make my mid-length, fine, straight hair oily. But if I go back to a pixie cut, I'd probably try this as a final moisturizer at night. I found the smell a little odd at first, but now I like it.

Edit: I'm now using this on my feet with aloe socks. It is amazing at softening my feet. Even Vaseline never worked this dramatically or fast. Also fantastic on cuticles overnight! I went to my local Natural Grocers and got the small 2 oz size, so I can carry it in my purse. This stuff is wonderful!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by SqueakyClean

I love this stuff and I'm happy to see the other positive reviews on MUA. I have nothing against petroleum jelly, but I love this stuff because of its staying power. It's (bees)wax based and not greasy and it really lasts. I use it on my lips and feet. It's also great for protecting the skin if you're gonna be outside in really cold, windy weather. Also, you don't need to use much - it lasts for quite a while. I bought one of the huge jars and I don't know if I'll ever get through it. Now I just buy the smaller jars, which are easier to carry around, anyway.

EDIT: I still really, really like this stuff, but I've found it does go bad after a while. I don't know exactly how long I've had my jar, but I'd guess around a year and a half. It's started to smell "off", so I'm getting rid of this jar and will be buying a new one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No