April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I walked down the make up isle this particular color stood out to me. I kept passing it up in part because of price and because I do not wear blush of any kind. I kept thinking " that would be a great eyeshadow" weird, I know. I went shopping with my daughter one day and told her that I was thinking of using it as eyeshadow. She didn't flinch so I figured my thought must not be too strange. So I bought it knowing if I didn't like it I'd pass it along to her to experiment with. I've been wearing it for several days and I really like it. I'm not one for heavy eye makeup so it's perfect for me as an everyday ES. You can apply as little or as much as you want. I've been applying it very lightly, it looks like a tint or "stain". Anyhow its actually a pretty color with my brown eyes. I'd probably buy it again but I don't think I'll run out anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kokoro13

This product alerted me to a developing problem in my personality--- I have become OBSESSED with colour. From the moment I first saw this in the store, I was so enamoured by the rich colour, the surprising texture, and how versatile the consistency was that I honestly went a little crazy on google later that night. I couldn't buy it immediately because my mom was there and I didn't want her thinking I was spending money on unnecessary things (I'm recently out of school). But that evening I spent waaay too much time googling reviews, swatches, and pictures, pictures, pictures. I'm not kidding, I dragged a picture of this freaking blush onto my desktop because the rich pigment was so weirdly exciting to me!
ANYWAYS, here are the facts: it's highly buildable; you can have it go on very sheer like a little berry kiss, or load up and look like a doll from the Nutcracker (in a good way!). The texture is springy and bouncy like a little pat of Play-Doh, and pretty fun to touch.
The only problem is that it's not super hygienic. I've been using it for a few months now, and even though I wash my hands before I use it, it's starting to look a little grubby. Maybe an alcohol swab could clean it up.

However, I personally think you can't go wrong with these cream blushes. To me, powder blush looks and feels like an old lady's thing. It looks cakey, feels cakey, and will never achieve the dewey fresh vibrancy of a cheek stain or cream blush. If you're new to cream blushes, I highly recommend this one. The colour will make your heart beat faster when you see it on yourself!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like the Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake, but I wanted something more pigmented. This was not for me. Beautiful color, just doesn't look right in me, it's too obviously "made up" looking and I don't like that. Hope this works for others because these blushes have a great texture and finish. Packaging is cute, but product can get squished around the edges and can get messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by laurenmcintoshhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this blush in this color. I needed a darker blush and I heard great reviews about this one so I gave it a try and I'm so glad that I did. Not only in the consistency awesome and totally new, but the color goes on the cheeks easily and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

See my review for the Dream Bouncy Blush (all colors) for my general view on these. I want to specifically describe the color for this particular review. One of my favorites of the Bouncy blushes; Plum Wine is great for fall because it reminds me of look you get when just getting off a wagon ride or in the pumpkin patch. It goes great with deeper green fall eye looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first blush that I tried. I didn't really want a bouncy blush because of the texture or the product itself, it's just that this was one of the most pigmented blushes in the drugstore. I've got dark skin and I need a blush that won't look chalky, but rather just give me a natural looking flush.
The blush was on sale ($6CDN) that's one of the reasons why I bought it. I had my eye on it for a while though, because the colour was the perfect blush colour for me. It gave my skin warmth and didn't look frosty.
The packing is a little strange. It doesn't look expensive or anything. It's really basic.
The colour is gorgeous! It's a deep, dark plum colour but on my skin it's a deep pink that looks really natural. It gives my face warmth and just the right amount of colour.
The blush really does feel bouncy. It's squishy and if you press down on it lightly it'll just spring right back up. When you rub your finger on it, it's like a cream but when you apply it to your cheeks it just melts into your skin. It's soft and I wouldn't know I had blush on because of how light it is.
The blush is sheer so it's hard to over-do yourself. Though I find a couple swipes of my finger is enough to give me nice colour. The wear time isn't incredible. You will have to apply after a couple of hours, but that's okay. The blush is really portable so you can bring it along with you.
I'm very satisfied with the project. The colour is perfect and the formula is good. I'll repurchase this blush as long as it's being made.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally - Maybelline figured out not everyone is super pale or wants a non-existent blush. I love blush and this one is great. I have dark eyes and medium tan complexion right now and it shows up as a nice flush of color. Brings a glow to the face and eyes. This is a beautiful shade. The other shades are too chalky if you have medium to tan skin. Definitely give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by converse17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the idea of the blush! I also really like the texture and how it glides onto the skin! The downside is that this blush really does not have any pigmentation! If you do a heavy swatch it lloks like it does but as soon as its blended into the skin it basically dissapears! This is one of the more pigmented blushes out of this line! Overall not too impressed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

There have been mixed reviews about the bouncy blush line. I have the 2 darkest/brightest shade (Hot Tamale and Plum Wine) and 1 of the lighter shades (Pink Plum). Plum Wine is actually quite pigmented. You really need a light hand with this one (as opposed to Pink Plum which is very sheer). It looks more purple in the pan but when applied to my cheeks, it comes off more pink/red. I'm always daunted by how intense the color is at first and i need to blend it very quickly to defuse the color. The texture is really interesting and i LOVE how it feels, kinda squishy and spongy, I would repurchase this again, cuz I'm a sucker for new and cool things lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I think this is the darkest shade they have to offer out of all the bouncy blushes. NC25 here. It just need a couple of light swirls of this on my cheeks and it gives me gorgeous color. I liked it so much I went and got Peach Satin. Also lovely on my skin tone. I dab my finger in the blush then tap right on my cheeks then quickly blend it in with circular motion. I would love to try them all but they are a little pricey for the amount of product you get. $7.49 @ wags. I have a pic of both shades in my gallery.
UPDATE: Its been awhile now since I acquired my two bouncy blushes with Plum Wine being my favorite between the two. I am a pale gal and this shade looks absolutely gorgeous on me so dont be afraid of it. I layer this on in light layers then top it off with a dusting of WnW Heather Silk which looks to be a great match in powder form to this shade of cream blush. This is my HG blush look. It lasts all day.