July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Soy 4Plex 30 Volume Creme Developer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

Very effective developer. I have naturally dark brown hair and wanted to dye it blonde. I used this developer with the 12G lightest gold blonde creme color. Left it on for 40 min and the result was a medium golden blonde. Does not damage hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I love this stuff. I mean, bleach is probably just as important as the developer, and I've used worse and better bleach powders, but this is nice. Other developers are good too, but this has just a little more to help protect hair. Either way you slice it, bleaching is bad for your hair, so it helps to have a little gentleness added in. It is a bit runny though. I dilute my bleach most of the time (with clarifying shampoo) so it adds some thickness. It still drips, but it's easy to brush on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by trinariel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with Clairol's BW2 Lightener. I wanted to add a bunch of blonde for the summer. I have dark brown hair and this worked amazing! Though I should have left it in for another 10 minutes maybe but it still turned out great! No orange, but a little bit to much yellow ( like i said should have left it on for another 10-15 minutes) but after the toner its JUST WHAT I WANTED! Damage was very minimal!

Remember people when you go from dark to light you WILL have to use a toner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being on a mission for platinum highlights - I'm naturally dark blonde w/ say 20-25% gray for reference - I reached for this stuff. I wanted more lift to my bleaching session. A couple of things I've noted first off on the label - Extra Lift and Deep Conditioning. That's what I want!

So, I combined one packet of L'Oreal Oreal Super Blanc powder lightener w/ 2 ounces of this 30 volume developer. Left on my bangs w/ foil probably around 45 minutes. By the way, it is strongly recommended that you neutralize after bleaching. I use Bantu Neutralizing Shampoo, follow that w/ Roux's Porosity Control and then deep condition for around an hour.

That said, my highlights came out real nice - and my hair was still in very good condition. I think this developer worked beautifully. I paid $2.79 at Fantasia Beauty Supply (Fordham Road, Bronx) for 16 fl. oz., so I would call that a deal.