December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Lipstick - Sephora - Hot Hues Neon Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by redeyelinerjunkie

I REALLY wish Sephora would bring these back.

They're like a lipstain in a lip balm base. Since the pigment is translucent like a stain, and not opaque-pigment-in-small-amounts like in "sheer" lipsticks or "tinted" lip balms, it's more of a tinted lip balm than anything else on the market.

They're really the perfect product for a MLBB look, and the bright colors are deceptively wearable. They don't look neon on the lips, just upbeat... if that makes any sense. The effect is stain-like, and not an artificial make-up look. I love the coral and the pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I bought it on sale for 3 dollars. I bought the fuchsia one and its simply beautiful. Not heavy or matte, more like the feel of a balm. It's very pigmented! LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. It's my first ever Sephora brand purchase. I got this in Hot Pink (but I'm going to go back for the 3 other shades). With every layer you apply to the lips the colour intensifies. I find its very flattering to my Olive skin tone. It stays on for hours but I like to reapply occasionally to keep the colour vibrant. I wouldn't say its a "balm" because that would imply it deep moisturizes. I think its more a semi-moisturizing lipstick. My lips felt a little dry by the end of the day but nothing significant or anything.

This product is perfect for the summer! No glitter, matte colour with a little bit of shine and that just bitten type lip stain. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I picked this up on a whim yesterday and I'm so happy I did. I checked out the three colors they had at my store (they did not have coral) and they all looks very cool/too pink but I went ahead and got Hot Pink as it was the only color of the three I had any hope of pulling off with my warm skin. I was sold on these once I tried them on my hand and saw that they did indeed leave a stain so it wasn't just a tinted balm that would be gone in 5 minutes. I've been wearing this for a full day now and am very pleased. The product leaves a beautiful veil of color on my lips that is not bright or bold or too much at all. The balm seems nice and not too greasy. I am not experiencing any dryness from it. I am thinking these will be perfect for summer as a swipe and go product for a slight pop of fun color that still looks super natural as your skin shows through. Very fun. I'm ordering a couple of the coral color as I think that's probably a better color for me.

Edit: Please remember that the question is WOULD YOU buy again not WILL YOU buy again. HUGE difference people. I hate when the reviews get so thrown off because people don't know how to read or understand what they read.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up in "Crazy Coral" yesterday on a whim for $10. It comes in 4 colors on the website but my sephora only had hot pink, purple and coral. The lipstick tube itself is really unique and cool! You can't really tell from the picture on the website, but it looks like red jello, it's very vibrant but translucent. I have to admit that's what made me want to buy it :)

Despite the name, I would say this is more of a lipstick than a lip balm - it's actually somewhere between a lip stain and a lipstick. You can put one layer for a sheer wash of color or you can layer it up to a brighter color. It can get very bright! If you apply a few coats it doesn't feel like you have very much product on your lips but the color payoff is quite nice - that's why it seems similar to a lip stain. I would say the finish is satin and not very shiny or very matte. It transfers onto my coffee cup less than a regular lipstick or gloss, but it does transfer a little bit.

Crazy coral is a red/pinkish/orange. I have very fair skin with yellow undertones yet I have pink cheeks and lips. I look really good in orange-toned lipstick yet I always have a problem with lipsticks turning pink or purple on me. I wish this color was just a tad more orangey but overall I'm pretty happy with the color. I'm usually a more neutral makeup person and I almost never wear lipstick, so this is probably not going to be a daytime look for me. However, I think this would be an amazing lipstick to try out with the bare face/no mascara/bold lip look.

EDIT: Someone asked me why I gave a good review, but wouldn't repurchase so I thought I'd add my response here...I wouldn't buy it again for a few reasons. The main reason is I don't wear lipstick that often so I don't know if I'll use this up before I get tired of the color. Another reason is that I really like to try new products all the time and I very rarely repurchase the same makeup over and over (except for my foundation...but even then I still stray).