September 20, 2014 | 1727 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail Polish - Vintage Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Kavarice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe the low rating on here -- because I love this nail polish! I'm not really a Barbie pink kind of girl and trend toward red/plum colors as an alternative. While this polish isn't vampy, for me it felt like a safe intro to the world of pink. It's feminine without being girly. It looks sophisticated and old-world, like the name would suggest, and it's perfect for my NC-15 skin tone. I don't have any problems with it in terms of application either. Definitely would recommend to anyone with fair, warm skin like me or to anyone edgy who's afraid of pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colour, I love the application but the drying time is ridiculous. I applied two layers of this after my base coat and topped with a top coat and, yes, I waited for each coat to dry before applyng the next. Total application took one hour whilst watching TV. After another hour of doing nothing I took my makeup off and went to bed - polish fully intact and glossy.

Woke in the morning and gah! bedsheet impressions in the polish.

I took it off, re-applied in the morning - was a weekend so no immediate rush - but this stuff simply refuses to dry hard. Tried it with quick dry nail products and still no good. Really irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this color. It is what I had hoped Essie's Angora Cardi would be--a little warmer and with more color saturation. The formula seems fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybe they have reformulated this polish, but my polish's formula was flawless! One thin-ish coat for full opacity... perfection. Dry time was about normal. Trust me, I'm picky and do not have the best application skills! The color itself is pretty classic. Vintage Rose is the perfect name for it. Reminds me of colors worn in the 40s, only slightly darker. A nice late summer / fall shade. Will report back on wear time!

(edit) wear time was fabulous. Made it through 5 days with only a little tip wear, no chips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I had my nails done at the salon in Revlon Enamel in Teak Rose. With base coat and top coat, it lasted five days without chipping and minimal tip wear. I became obsessed with the shade as it was a pretty brown-pink that set off fair skin.

I was crushed for a few seconds when I heard that Teak Rose has been discontinued but the SA said that the Long-Lasting Enamel ColorStay line has Vintage Rose - the exact same shade as my beloved Teak Rose. The color is very feminine, for all seasons and seems to lighten up my fingers. At least four people have complimented me on the color. It's not too old and not too young, especially for a 29-year-old like me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by caseyj123499

I had brought the Revlon Airbrush foundation and received this in a gift pack. My god this nail polish is horrible, I applied it for a night out and it was fading within two days of applying it. The colour wasnt a stand out colour, very weak and wouldn't buy this at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by LolaLovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

The color is beautiful--a nice light pinkish shade that is flattering on every skin tone. However, the consistency is thick, the polish comes out streaky, and takes much too long to dry. It's understandable that in these economic times not everyone can afford a professional manicure--however if you want to diy, invest in a quality product like Essie or OPI--it will last you longer and the effects will be so much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have come to great appreciation of Revlon nail products;
Revlon was the first to manufacture a line of fashionable
nailwear to the public, and have improved with th expanding
market with a variety of products and fashion forward colors.
And most of them are well
worth the investment.

The colorstay nail polish line has evolved also;
this winter of 2012, Revlon has expanded the line
into the current fashion color standards,
and the formula, altho flawed, stands up the the
colorstay claim.

I purchased the base, top and color coats to put this
new incarnation of the Colorstay line to put to the test.

I used the color Vintage Rose, a medium deep earthy rose tone.
This is a work appropriate shade, but seems to be universally
flattering. It just looks good.

Application is another story: the formula is thick, gloppy,
and needs care and attention to apply:
the brush is thick, big and impedes applying thin coats.
This formula just goes on too richly,
and you must wait between coats for it to dry.
But I think that's the point of the endurance this formula
is know for: the thickness adds to its durability.

The top coat is also thick, messy and slow to dry.

I did my manicure while watching a movie,
so I didn't mind the wait times...

BUT the payoff is a rich, very shiny appearance,
and it is truly long lasting.
Altho I'm on day 3, there is little evidence of wear,
even after scrubbing pans after Sunday dinner.

I bought another shade to test, a pinky pale,
and will evaluate that soon.
But I am interested in trying another shade,
despite the application problems.

I think the nail polish market is so rich with varieties
of polish formulas, we polish fanatics have very high
standards of performance. If this line is truly
'colorstay,' perhaps a long lasting manicure
is worth some careful application habits.