April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creamsicle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I own many of the lip butters from Revlon and they are probably my favorite lipstick line in the drugstore next to the Covergirl Lip Perfections Jumbo Lip Pencils and Revlon Super Lustrous ones. They have a creamy, smooth texture on the lips that melt in with your natural lip color, rather than masking it. The fact that they work together with your natural lip color rather than trying to cover them up make for a natural, but finished lip look. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters have a very faint vanilla scent and a balmy, slightly glossy finish.
Creamsicle is a pale, orange based nude, with no visible shimmer. It has medium pigmentation, and I would say that it is almost opaque. It has a wear time of 2-3 hours. Since the formula is creamier and less dry, no stain is left behind and once the balminess and glossiness of the product wears away, the color usually goes with it.
With pale lip colors, they are usually known for applying unevenly and settling into lip lines. Unfortunately, even with a creamy formula, Creamsicle is no exception. To have Creamsicle work, I recommend that your lips are well exfoliated. I would also recommend using a light hand. Dragging a pale lip color over the lips usually ends up in greater unevenness, in my experience. No balm is needed, as the formula of this lip color is very emollient and creamy. I see that many of the reviewers recommend to apply this color with a brush. However, since the product is not packaged with a lip brush, I find that the product should not HAVE to be applied with a brush in order for it to function well. Overall, I would recommend Creamsicle to those with very minimal lip-lines, to use under a darker lip color/gloss or as a pale nude lipstick. I would recommend other lip butters, such as Pink Truffle or Juicy Papaya to those who want to avoid the finicky texture combined with this color, as they do not work the best together. I would probably not repurchase this product, as it is higher in price than other drugstore lip products ($8-$9) and the performance compared to other shades in the line is severely lacking.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Dyane11

Buying this was a wasting of money, I used it with dark colors lipsticks to give then a pastel tone, it really works for me but I regret to have buy this color, i'm a medium girl and i look like zombie, I'll try Creamsicle with a brush but I'm not sure about it. I just thought that was going to be a pretty nude lipstick but not. I''m from Colombia and i have to paid more money than in USA (9.88 Dollars).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have warm yellow undertone and I love nude shade lipstick and one of my favorite is the Rimmel lipstick in nude delight,it's a warm peachy nude shade and it look very flattering on me. I wanted to try the Revlon lip butter since everybody was raving about it and picked this shade because of its peachy-ness. What a big mistake!! On my pigmented lips it came out sheer and made me look washed out. The more I tried to build up the intensity the more it looked gray on my lips. I tried using it when my skin it's at it palest around nc 25 to when I'm tan around nc 35 and this darn color just wouldn't work on me. At the end I gave it away to my little sister in-law who has very fair rosy skin and even on her it looked like she applied lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

In the tube this is absolutely the color of a creamsicle! Pale orange which goes on as a sheer nude/coral color. I actually quite like the color of this on me, it makes my eye color stand out more and doesn't wash me out like regular nude lipsticks can, as long as my eye makeup is heavy. Even though my skin is NC15 and very pale, wearing Creamsicle actually makes me look slightly tanned. I received this in a swap and I am glad I got this one as I doubt that I would have picked this color over all the other pinks and berry colors on the display. I normally prefer pinks or at least colors that are close to my natural lip color, so this is quite different for me. I do agree with the other reviewers that this does settle into lines and make my lips look patchy, but I just press my lips together or smooth out the product with my finger and this does the trick for a short while. However after a while this gets annoying and I find that I am constantly checking my makeup in a mirror to make sure it still looks good. I have to actually plan to wear this lip color when I do my makeup in a morning, which is annoying. I have to make sure that my eye makeup is stronger so that my nude lips balance out my look. This is what I don't like about this color, the fact that I have to wear this as a particular 'look'. I doubt I would actually buy another in this color, I do prefer pinks or MLBB colors but I am glad I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Its called a lip brush dearies! To those of you that write that it applies unevenly, you need to try again with a brush. I did not like this at first. Now I am loving it with a lip brush as I am a little more tan in color. I top it with Nyx lipgloss in sugar pie and it is like a perfect perfect nude. I hated it at first. Looks good on bronzier skin WOW!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ericbubu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased Revlon Colorburst in Creamsicle. It was on sale for 50% at the local department store. Unfortunately not all the color range on Colorburst were on sale so i had limited selection to choose from. (I originally went in to buy Fire & Ice or Tutti Fruity). I ended up looking at Creme Brulee and Creamsicle. From MUA reviews, I knew beforehand that Creme Brulee had a more favorable review but on my hand, I loved how Creamsicle looked (peachy nude). Anyway, as soon as I bought it and tried it on my lips, I regreted it right away. It made me look washed out (the peachiness didn't quite show through on my lips). Anyway, I kept the lipstick and tried pairing it with other lip glosses that I have at home to add color to this nude instead of wasting it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I have very pinkish red lips and this looks uneven and bad. The colour is alright but not with a formula like this, which never settles, and the pigmentation is off... - I bought it for my mother but she gave it to me as my brothers begged her (dramatically) not to use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Dessiebelle

I bought this lipstick recently and was really excited to use it after hearing great things about it for us girls who are ghostly pale.

I was really disappointed when I applied it to have it then settle into all of the lines of my lips making them look really dry and gross..I tried this over lip balm and natural lips and other bases and still no luck.

I love love love the colour but can't wear it without having to check in a mirror to make sure it doesn't look horrific every 5 minutes.. Maybe a different darker colour would work better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

I have quite tan skin (with a yellow undertone - I'm asian) and this color was a bad choice for me. It's pretty, but too light for my lips and it looks quite strange and unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Love this shade, perfect for during the day when you want a pretty neutral lip and play up the eyes. I find this quiet pigmented and colour gets heavier with each coat. Moisturizing but not sticky