October 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - nude york city

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't understand the good ratings on this lipgloss. I didn't get any color from it, it was too sheer and looked like clear gloss on my lips. Of course the quality is good i can't detract from that but what i was really looking for was a neutral colored gloss. I didn't get that with this. Nevertheless based on the previous reviews I guess I'm the only one who feels that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SUPERIOR NUDE GLOSS! I stumbled upon this on the humble just browsing thru my local Target and decided to grab it because it was only $3 and it looked to be a nice nude gloss...and to my surprise it was perfect! I have been using this now for at least three years or more and buy it in multiples because it is an absolute staple.

PROS:
(1) smooth, non-sticky, non-greasy formula
(2) cute shine with just the right amount of shimmer
(3) the shade is very flattering for medium, tan, olive and brown skin tones
(4) inexpensive
(5) you can find it just about anywhere (CVS, Target, Walgreens, Family Dollar, Giant, Safeway)
(6) sleek packaging (can be carried in a small clutch if necessary)
(7) useful and easy to work with applicator wand (no mirror necessary for percise application)
(8) mulitfunctional (can be used as a mixing medium for some of those matte lipsticks that don't quite give you that tempered luster or are a bit dry...a dab or two of this gloss over it with a quick blot and you've got lip perfection)

CONS:
(1) imaging on the tube eventually wears off after carrying it around
*although, I don't really consider the aforementioned comment to be a "BAD" thing...after all it only costs $3

Definitely a steal!!! GO NOW AND GET A FEW OF 'EM!!!
~Adrienne Starr

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by doxiedarling

I'm really impressed with this gloss. It's cheap, creamy, non-drying, and comes out a really pretty latte colour on my very pigmented lips. Plan to snap up a couple of these as its femininely going to be a staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a decent product. However, I realized that I already have something else that is an excat match, just another brand. The only bad thing about this gloss, is it's really hard to get the product out of the tube with the wand. I found myself having to continously pump to get any gloss on the stick. Ironically, it is the same thing that occurs with the other product this is similar to, (Ruby Kisses Super Lip gloss in Natural, it's a long, slender tube, tan color, smells like cotton candy, also). The price is good, about $2.30 at the cheapest. I've seen these at Rite-Aid, Walmart and Target. Because I already have something like this, I most likely would not repurchase it. It does feel smooth and moisturizing on the lips and looks great, just a tad bit of shimmer, it's really undefined which is good, but is true to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A simply perfect beigey-nude with just the right amount of sparkle (no disco balls with this shade). I use it with Prestige lipliner in Cocoa and blend into my lips, then top with this this gloss and, voila, the perfect nude lip. I should also mention that there's something with this gloss, the formula or the shade or the combination of it and the Cocoa lipliner, that makes my lips look extremely full. Definitely a keeper and going to the top of my list as a HG everyday gloss. At less than $3, I'd suggest anyone who likes a nude/beige gloss to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by chengbo

This product is great. I wanted a neutral lip gloss for everyday so I was walking down the make up section at walmart and I stumbled acrossed this little gem. Its a neutral, nude, pinkest colour. It looks great on the lips and it made my lips look bigger! the price for this was also very cheap, I bought this for $3.97 CAD. It lasts for a long time but once in a while I do need to reapply but that's okay because this lip gloss is so cheap! Its pigmented but it feels just a little bit sticky on the lips so that's why I am giving this gloss a rating of 4. But overall this is a great product and I will be buying other shades. Will recommend this product to anyone and I would try out other shades and repurchase this one when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have full, sensitive lips and was to shy to wear anything but clear glosses until my late 20's. When I finally started experimenting with lip colours I didn't have a lot of money and decided "nude" was a good place to start (even though, yes, it's the opposite of a bold colour!).
That brought me to this gloss, Nude York City. You get an awesome amount of product for the price, which is a huge plus for me since I need a lot with each use. I find that it doesn't show up quite as brown as it looks in the bottle, which is also nice. It kind of melts and mingles perfectly with my natural lip colour, but is pigmented enough to compliment my skintone. I do find it rather sticky, but the staying power is also great. Pretty much won't go anywhere for hours unless you're kissing/eating/drinking.
Lastly, I should mention that when I first opened it I was shocked at how flimsy the applicator seemed! I thought "you get what you pay for"! But it's stood the test of time and use, and is still hanging in there. I will be trying other colours in this line, because the quality is the best you'll get for $3(CAD)! And hey, it's not terrible at all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Kooliebyrdz

For 1.99 you get shimmering nude lips that lasts for 4 hours (without eating or kissing). This is pigmented and it is loaded with shimmer which is a good thing for me. The gloss is not really sticky. The color is a peachy nude on me. The wand is a long flexible doe foot applicator. It applys so well. Better than most lipgloss. This is comparable to the Super Lustrous Lipgloss by Revlon. The packaging is cute too. I love this. 5 stars for quality, long lasting, great applicator, afforable, and nice packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is a great nude pinkish color.It just really looks wonderful on .It has a such a nice formula it is on the same level of lipgloss like revlon or rimmel that sells for 4x the price.You get great color ,great shine, not super sticky.YOU GET all of this for 3 dollars