Vichy liftactiv serum 10

3.8

Water, Rhamnose, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylol Phytosphingosine, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyl Tauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloylmethyl Taurate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Octyldodecanol, Fragrance.

on 5/16/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great primer for make up..I love this stuff.

on 3/5/2015 1:36:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive, reactive, alternately super dry (during winter) and temperamentally oily (during summer), and this did not irritate my skin at all, nor did it dry me out.

The texture is nice, with minimal odor, but I didn't notice much change in the texture of my skin. That being said, I did not use any other products from the LiftActiv line with this serum, so perhaps you'd have better results that way?

I LOVE other Vichy products, such as the Aqualia Thermal riche cream, which I use as a neck and decollete cream, and sometimes as a face cream, depending.

Packaging is pretty, but I don't know that it's worth the price tag.

on 2/20/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is dispensed with a dropper. Just slightly more viscous than water, a pea-sized amount is deposited in your hand with each full dropper fill. It's enough to cover the entire face. I use it everywhere, even eyelids and undereye area. No allergic reactions at all. It's got a faint perfume scent, but nothing overpowering.

I notice that in combination with the Vichy LiftActiv Nuit, my skin is much more taut and young-looking. Won't do much for the deeper layers of skin, but the surface seems much more youthful. After wearing this under my CeraVE lotion, I wake up with the oilies under control and my pores looking much more refined. Skin feels silky. Undereye area is much more line-free that it would've been without.

My only holdup is that it seems I'm blow through this bottle pretty quickly. However, I'll repurchase for sure!

on 12/30/2014 4:55:00 PM

This product is just mehhhhh for me. It goes on very shiny and sticky. I try to use a small amount to prevent this but it doesn't change the outcome. The smell is quite strong. The packaging is ok with the dropper but I would have liked a pump. It does seem to make my skin look refreshed with the dewiness. There is no way I could wear this under makeup or during the day though because it balls up with the slightest bit of friction. This serum doesn't break me out so that's good. I haven't seen a change in my skin after using this for about a month. Overall it gives immediate freshness but nothing long term.

on 12/14/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For someone who's oily (but not dehydrated), winter skincare in a humid city like Mumbai can by tricky. It never gets too cold for proper face cream, days are still sunny, you may perspire too, but there's definite dryness on the skin and evenings are just short of chilly. This year I've found Vichy's serum to be the ideal product - for hydration, strictly. No magical age reversal or spectacular transformation, sorry!.
It's like a runny gum, transclucent and easily absorbed on damp skin (I spritz the Vichy water spray) leaving a dry surface. Some reviewers have found trouble applying makeup, but I've had no issues with under eye corrector, concealer and setting powder. I apply three drops for all over the face plus one tiny one for the sides of my nose, which are drier.
Vichy's best quality, I suppose, is how accommodating it is for my needs. It doesn't react badly with my skin or the weather. I stay non-sticky, non shiny but smooth skinned all day. It is not a pain to wash off in the shower. I never have to worry "Have I used too much?". There's less waiting time for it to absorb. Basically a breeze.
I have to say my skin usually looks best after a workout or a nap. This serum hasn't repilcated those effects, I have seen no discernible change. Just easy hydration.

on 9/15/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm in my mid 30s and had noticed my pores on my cheeks were getting large and there were some fine lines on my forehead and starting around my eyes...I loved what the Vichy Normaderm had done for my skin during some breakouts so I decided to go to Vichy again for this problem....and I wasn't disappointed!!

This product is amaze balls!!! Love it!! Within a week of using it my skin was firmer yet super soft, pores were way smaller....after a month I could notice the lines in between my eyebrows and around my eyes were much less noticeable.

I LOVE this product and will definitely repurchase! In love...

on 8/11/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wanted to try this serum specifically because I noticed some fine lines and wrinkles appearing on my face and upon the first 3 applications I instantly noticed that my skin felt smoother and my pores seemed smaller.
After about a week of using LiftActiv10 I noticed that my pores were returning to original size and my skin's sudden softness returned to normal.
I have completed my first bottle of the serum and I can't say I noticed a change in fine lines whatsover so I will probably not buy this product again.
It had a lovely soft scent and the serum felt very smooth and a huge plus was that you don't need to apply too much of it at a time as it glides onto the skin rather easily.
If Vichy delivered on reducing fine lines even just a bit I would consider returning to this product.

on 5/23/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Only 17 reviews for this? I guess people are not too interested in it. I was given several generous samples of this and I thought it was one of the best serums I tested for several days. I liked the stickiness from the sugar which makes the skin glow and seems to be brightening and lifting the skin. I liked the lightweight feel of it as it is a clear liquid. But putting foundation over it doesn't work - it balls up. So it can't be used under makeup - only at night. Does it enhance youth? No. Maybe if you are young. But then you don't need it. Therefore, as I had no visible results except the temporary glow, this is not a necessary product for me. It's a fun product, that's all. It's really no better than the cheaper Youth Code serum.

Edit Sep 23, 2014: I do think this is better than Youth Code and several other serums I've tried. It does give a youthful glow, and even if it's temporary, I may get it again. At my age I need that youthful glow. Also it doesn't reek the way Youth Code does. It is just too pricey at $74 or I would buy the full size.

Edit Dec 3/14: I did finally give in and get the full size - got it for free with Shoppers points. I realized I liked it more than any other serum. But serums certainly are not doing it for my rapidly aging skin anymore so it is only one step - I still require a good cream after it. I am hoping it helps to stave off further aging because of the nutrients in it.

I am raising my rating because it is a good product and I think it's better than other serums.

on 3/19/2014 7:50:00 PM

Amazing serum i totally noticed a difference on my fine lines on my forhead. Super hydrating and feels beautiful with or without a moisturizer on top.

on 12/30/2013 12:18:00 PM

Yet another product with alcohol

Popular Treatments (Face)