E.L.F. eye crease brush

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a great brush for the crease! I don't own any other E.L.F. brushes but after trying this one, I'm tempted to try a few more. The Crease brush doesn't shed, holds its shape through washes, & washes well. It fits my creases well, too. I always had a hard time getting them just so before trying this brush. It's not baby soft but it's not rough on my eyes. It's just $1 w/a white wood handle that fits my hand easily. I like how the handle isn't too long, also. Some brushes are awkwardly long. I have a back-up stashed, but I'm not sure when this one will wear out.

PROS: First of all, let me just start by saying that this retails for $1 at my local Target. $1!!! It's so cheap, and is a really great quality brush. The tip of the brush is quite small, so it is very easy to fit into the crease of your eyes, especially if you have smaller eyes, and gives you a lot of control on where you want to place your shadow. This brush is ultimate brush for bringing more definition to your eyes.

CONS: The bristles aren't the softest, but it's not necessarily rough either.

FINAL THOUGHT: Another great e.l.f. product everyone should have in their makeup collection! And super cheap too!!

on 9/3/2014 8:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Sheds like crazy. I'm utterly disappointed with this brush, it isn't worth the price at all. I knew that I can't expect a miracle for this price, but due to the extreme shedding, this brush is completely useless.

on 5/17/2014 10:00:00 PM

Eh. Wasn't at all impressed but for $1, I really wasn't expecting much to begin with.

Because of its smaller size and somewhat pointed end, the ELF crease brush is adequate at applying color in specific areas (e.g., a narrow crease area) but I found it 1) too prickly and 2) the shadows apply splotchy so I have to blend rigorously with another brush to make them appear smooth. (although I don't have baby smooth skin anymore which may contribute to the splotchy look). It just isn't worth the hassle.

Only because of the extremely affordable price would I recommend it to beginners who are on an extremely tight budget. Everyone else--not so much. .

on 1/13/2014 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Having no luck with the Studio contour brush I found this at Walgreens and it has the right size and shape for the job.
The studio brush had a rounded top and bigger size, this essential line brush is smaller, with a tapered tip and has give.
The little one dollar crease brush is a workhorse and just ordered another on the website.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Cannot say enough about this brush!!! Absolutely couldn't live without it, by far the best crease brush I have ever used not to mention the cheapest one! I have quite small eyes and this brush is small so is perfect for applying eyeshadows. Would defiantly recommend this to everyone, such a steal why not give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this brush its soft picks up color well and doesn't shed:)

on 8/24/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My friend has this brush and I used it once on her when I did her makeup. It worked amazingly and I'm planning on buying one for me soon.

on 8/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

One of the best dollars I've ever spent! I use this brush every day!

on 8/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I own 4 of these & they are all different. But it's not a bad thing though, I find that one is less dense w/ longer tapered bristles so it's a perfect crease brush, another has shorter denser bristles making it perfect for deepening my outer corner. Sometimes they have bristles of different lengths so it's kind of like a tiny duo fiber brush, w/out the duo fiber-ness lol!! Some are softer than others, shed more, & smelly. However, with all their differences, I love all of them for that fact. Their differences give them a variety of use, I use these brushes everyday with my eye makeup, I've had two of them for almost 5 years now & they have not given up! For the price anyone can give these a shot, you might not get the same one twice, but for under 5 bucks, you're bound to find one that you might love for a long time & achieve the look you're aiming for.