October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lip Treatments - The All Natural Face tinted lip balms

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased this in Terracotta and would NOT get this color again but am buying it in other colors. Terracotta is exactly as the name says, like the orangey clay pot color, and the description online of the tinted balms says they fairly sheer these puppies are dark and intense. This color is not wearable on me by itself but I dab a little bit on and then mix with lots of clear lipcolor. My purpose of tinted balms is to have a moisturizing easy touch up during the day but I can't take this anywhere and just put it on, it is so dark. The non-smell is great and the moisturizing properties of the balm are good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by bobitarocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super-sensitive skin, including my lips, so I'm really picky about my lip products. I tried this on a whim since I was buying foundation, and so far, I'm really impressed! I have this in Warm Honey--it's a little more brown than I expected, but still a good neutral. The formula is very long-lasting and hasn't irritated my lips at all. I combine mine with a touch of cocoa butter lip balm to make it just a tad less waxy, and it works great. Can't wait to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just discovering The All Natural Face...the owner has run a successful ETSY business for years & the demand for her products grew so she now runs a fulltime mail order and bricks & mortar store, which i just down the street from me. Crystal (the owner) is really nice & very generous with samples; she recently did a Groupon so I am trying a few items from her makeup line as well as her skincare line. Will post more reviews on this brand soon but so far really impressed with her philosophy: pure, simple, natural products that don't harm the people who use them!

I bought one of these in the shade "garnet": it's a very pretty reddish shade that's very natural looking. These balms are moisturizing but not oily, and the color stays on for a reasonable amount of eating, drinking and talking (I do all 3 all day long!). I don't love full lipstick as it feels so heavy to me, but these feel very comfortable and have no taste. They are about $4/apiece...Burt's Bees & a few other "more natural" companies make tinted balms,but they're a bit costlier, think Burts are $6 and Badger are also about $6 I like that she uses almond oil, coconut oil and other ingredients that won't harm people when ingested (let's face it, anything you put on your lips is getting into your mouth!). I bought a few more in the garnet shade so I have spares for my car, purse and coat pocket, and I've also purchased the rose-gold, cherry bomb and warm honey shades (rose gold is as pretty as it sounds...kind of a dark purply rose with shimmer; warm honey is a very pretty gold-tinted neutral, and cherry bomb is a pretty dark red which isn't right for my coloring as it's so richly red pigmented, but would look gorgeous on someone with darker or more olive skin. These come in about a dozen shades (pink, purples, browns, reds, etc.)
I'm LOVING this store! Anyone looking to try more natural cosmetics and skincare without compromising on quality & effectiveness should check out TANF...she has a lot to offer & I'm so pleased to have found some reasonably priced, people-safe good quality cosmetics that work!