November 26, 2014 | 1888 users online

Shampoo - As I Am- Cleansing Pudding

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by NaturalBeauty1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I Am is running a sample sale and this product was in the package. I have type 4 hair with mixed textures moslty 4B. I actually liked this product. I would only use this product when I have product build up like once a week. I cowash 2x per week so I would not recommend using this more than once a week. I have scalp issues and I recently pre-pooed with spectrum coconut oil concentrating on my scalp and cleased with the pudding and my scalp and hair came out so clean, hydrated and nourished. It has a pleasant light smell and a creamy consistency. I would definately purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another Sally Beauty Supply find! I bleached my hair to a very light gold last summer and oh man, have I been paying for it ever since. It's almost grown out but I still have some very fried ends that nothing seemed to work on.

I was at my local Sally's one afternoon and was talking to a sales associate about my poor hair, and she suggested this product. Not only does it smell lovely, it makes my hair feel soft and like hair again! I was trying different co-wash products and didn't really like any of them but I quite like this. You have to rinse with warm water for a couple of minutes to get all of the product out but it's worth it. Definitely a product to put on my re-buy list :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally wavy/curly, long and thick. It has also become very MOODY! Products I used to use to control frizz or dryness or whatever else stopped working for me - fun over the age of 40! I tried this on a whim after reading about good products that cleanse and also rid your scalp of buildup. I really like what this does for my hair - it cleans well, but also conditions and leaves it very smooth and far more manageable. and also has put the shine back in my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by AOPreston

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not sure if my heair was just the wrong texture for this product. I read a bunch of reviews and it said this product is the bomb. This cleanser dried my hair out and it was badly tangled. I'll try anything once but this is a product I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

For my dry, porous 4a/b/c, non-relaxed hair, this was an adequate shampoo. It does help ease the tangles, when you lather once. If you do a second lather, it will breakdown any oil left in your hair. So unless your hair is incredibly oily and loaded with hair product, one lather is more than enough. I took off a lippie because the container is not ideal for shower usage because water will find its way into it and the texture is a bit slippery. Unfortunately I found a shampoo that cleanses but at a cheaper rate. I will only buy this if it was deeply discounted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful cleansing product for African-American natural hair! It gently cleanses and doesn't strip the hair. As I Am is a great new line and I've been pleased with each product I've tried thus far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been using this for about 6 months. At first it worked well (made my hair feel really soft and clean), but now it makes my hair dry as a desert. It cleans all of the products from my hair and leaves it hard as a brick. It lathers well although it's sulfate free, and it has a light pleasant scent to it. You only need a small amount of product. I love that it comes in a tub rather than a bottle- makes it easy for me to scoop out what I need. The ingredients are as follows:
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol², C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetearyl Alcohol², Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice ¹, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Poyquaternium-10, Piroctone Olamine, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene. Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut.