April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Seriously, what more can you ask for in a lip balm. It's ultra-moisturizing, long lasting, and doesn't dry out. The condition of my lips has definitely improved since I started using this. The scent is light and a little lemony. The packaging for these balms are brilliant, it screws on to ensure that the top doesn't go flying off in your purse and leave you with a gross, beat up lip balm. Bravo, Fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Mernoir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. Most left a non-penetrating, oily layer that did not moisturize. The JackBlack was especially drying after a few months using it at night. Others like the Chapstick and Blistex seemed to sink in and moisturize, but left my bottom lip more chapped and peeling once they wore off. Not pretty. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

This is pricey, but fortunately a little goes a long way. When I want to conserve it, I use Nivea during the day or heavier Babyganics Kissy Face Lip/Face balm (non spf) at night, but I always use the Fresh Sugar at least once a day.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;] If the lip balm still does not work after that, then it probably isn't the best one for you. If you have full, dry lips like me, I would highly recommend this, Nivea, Babyganics (non spf), or Korres Lip Butter which is not technically a lip balm, but adds a punch of moisture when layered over lip balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Uniqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has had many rave reviews, But I hate to bring it down. This felt like regular lip balm to me. This truly disappoints me because I love natural lip products. I really wanted this to be HG because of the ingredient list, but it only makes my lips moisturized when they are already soft. When my lips are cracked the balm doesn't really heal them all that well. I would rate this average. Also, the wear time was about 2-3 hours on me. For such an expensive balm I would have wanted longer moisture. The packaging it what really put me off. I would have preferred the tube to be wrapped around closer to the balm. Typically I am outside a lot, and this balm melted after being outside for a good 1-2 hours, huge disappointment. The reason I gave it three stars is because it's mainly natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I adore this lip balm, it's taken the place of my beloved Burt's Bee Pomegranate. To me it smells like lemon furniture polish, but thankfully the scent fades quickly & I can't really taste it. I use it daily upon waking & again at bedtime, my lips have never been in better shape. The only drawback is the cost, it's pretty expensive at about $25 a tube, but well worth it to me to make my lips so happy!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

been using this for a week. my lips have been horrible lately. nervous habit i have is biting my lips and after having a cold sore a few weeks ago my lips were a mess. they aren't perfect right now but after using this every night and during the day while i've been home it's been working miracles.
I know the balm is fragile so this will be one of those things i do not let my niece and nephew put on if they want balm on (they broke my SIL's spf treatment last year). I hate that it's so expensive but if it works like it has been all the time i would gladly pay the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way it smells and feels, but I hate the price and the fact that it is so fragile. The lip therapy is softer than the SPF versions. It goes on easily and requires almost no pressure to apply, but since it is so soft, it also mushes up and breaks if you use too much pressure or if it gets too warm. I live in Texas, where it's quite warm most of the year. I have to be exceedingly careful with this or the bullet will break. I've had this for some time and the bullet is now a misshapen blob.

The scent of the therapy is not as strong as that of the original, which I was disappointed by, as I love the smell and flavor of the original. I love that it has no SPF, which makes it perfect for inside the office or home and bed time. I find most lip products with SPF to be drying, so I don't like to use SPF unless I'm actually going to be exposed to the sun.

One of the things I like the most about the Fresh lip treatments is the packaging. I have been using Fresh lip products for years and never once had a lid come off and the product get all over the inside of my bag. That's happened with most every type of lipstick and tube lip balm I've ever owned, but never a Fresh tube. The screw-on top is brilliant.

This is a good lip balm, but it's also very expensive. At $25 for .15oz tube of product, that's $167/ounce. Here's how it stacks up against some other high-end or popular brands:

By Terry Baume de Rose $169/oz
Fresh Adv Lip Therapy: $167/oz
La Mer The Lip Balm $156/oz
Sarah Happ's Lip Slip $24/oz
Burt's Bees balms $10/oz

One advantage of the Fresh is that it comes in a tube and the others (except the Burt's Bees) come in a pot, but you definitely pay for the convenience of that great tube.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this whole line but this one is very good for when I get sick I tend to get sick a lot and when I do my lips dry out they crack and bleed applying this it stays on is very moisturizing on the lips helps to hydrate and repair them. My one dislike is in the summer time I have to keep them in the freezer or the fridge because they melt but the packaging is good quality so if it is melted pop it in the freezer and it is good to go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a lip balm h00r, have tried them all, and don't mind spending for quality (Sisley, do you hear me, I love you, sorry for cheating). My HG is Sisley but I don't like using it out because it is in a pot. This is like Sisley in a tube minus the wheat germ oil taste (which I love and miss but hey). Luxurious, long-lasting and soothing. Stays on forever- it usually lasts on me 3 hours without reapplying, which is a long time for me as I am a lip-licker and a lip balm addict with a reapplication fetish. One tube lasts me around 7 weeks so it is a bit pricey for what it is...but after Sisley 22 bucks seems cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have a few things to say,

First is I have celiac decease and for that reason I stay away from the Original formula of this product because it contains wheat germ oil.

I originally was introduced to this product as a birthday present from Sephora this year. It came with two samples. Rose and Original. I really like the original, and I didn't have a bad reaction to it the few times I used it, but considering my health, it isn't something I want to take a chance on, so I mostly used the Rose. I really like this product line of lip treatment.

This past weekend I hopped over to the Local Sephora shop and saw the Advance Treatment. Read the ingredients. It was green for Go. So I snatched it up. I do not know if I can express with words how much I like this. I don't have to apply much and it lasts for hours even with eating and drinking my lips stay moisturized. I was recently going through a dry lips spell which I hadn't had in years. I had given up on the chapsticks I normally used and finally opened my samples, helped a lot. I find that this Advanced formula helps even more. I am also extremely grateful that the advanced formula doesn't not have the sunscreen in it that the others of this line do. I am not a fan of the chemicals used for sunscreens to be honest so this is very, very nice for me.

I love the packaging. It seems to keep the balm in wonderful condition. The double twist action keeps it safe from being destroyed in my bag like almost ever other container I have ever used.

The only real down side is the cost. $25. It's a lot of money for basically a chap stick. However, a little goes a long way for me and with how dry and cracked my lips where getting even from the other balms and chap sticks I have used I really had to ignore the price and just try it. The upside is Sephora has a great return policy so always keep your receipts. Been using it for a week and I really like how my lips are doing right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I`ve had chronically chapped lips for 20 years (maybe a vitamin deficiency- not sure) A friend recommended this to me a long time ago but I was hesitant to purchase it because of the price, that, and, nothing has ever really seemed to alleviate my chapped lip problem anyway.

Ok, so I admit my expectations were pretty low to begin with, so when I first tried it and it seemed to work, I attributed it to the weather, or maybe I was unusually hydrated. But my lips just kept getting softer and softer as the weeks went by. It is very emollient- not waxy, and it has a pleasant natural taste ( kinda citrusy).I`ve applied it twice daily for several months. My chapped lips are a thing of the past. This stuff is amazing.