December 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Uglydoll

I have officially run out of this lip balm and I'm definitely going back for more! I have big lips that get dry very easily and peel all the time. I've tried many different lip balms with many different price tags. Many of which were too oily or too sticky and just not sufficient enough for my lips. This SUGAR stick as really wowed me! It stays on when I drink water and also feels really nice when applying. My lips also feel more plump and full instead of crusty and dry like a raisin. I recommend this product to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I love Fresh lip balms just as much as the next person here. They really are effective and truly moisturizing as opposed to creating a protective barrier/film over dry lips like most balms do. These products truly moisturize and "treat". They're perfect for people who have very dry, cracked lips but also for the casual lip balm user. I use this everyday almost as part of my skin care regimen before bedtime as it is non-sticky or waxy, and definitely prior to using a matte/drying lipstick. It does leave a bit of shine if you really pile it on. The scent is fresh and citrus/lemon-y, which is very pleasant. However, lippies MUST be reduced for price simply because I've never owned one of these balms without it breaking halfway through. I keep this in my bedroom at room temperature next to my mascara--meaning it's not in a hot car or carried in my purse where it can be damaged. I also realize these are delicate because they are made from almost all truly natural ingredients, which is extremely rare in any beauty product and truly impressive as far as Fresh goes. I would purchase these over and over if they weren't $25 a piece and broken not even halfway through!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

1. Smell - it smells fresh like vanilla-ish mix with citrus or lime or perhaps lemon. I love love this. It reminds me of something I ate during summer like cake?? I wouldn't mind eating something smells like this XDD

2. Moisturising Powa! - I own this in a mini one and I think this size is already enough. You don't have to go over your lips once you apply it on. It's so oily (in a good way though!) and thick. It makes me feel like there is something protecting my lips.

Over all - PERF! I lurf this! I recommend use this with sugar lip polish, it's great. Niceee and great 8))

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy. Crap.

I have eczema on my lips, and I was using Nuxe RÍve de Miel before, which I thought was already really good.

I got this as a gift, because I was unwilling to spend $29 CAD on a lip balm. It has soothed my most recent flare up in a matter of hours, and my lips look smooth and soft where it was scaly and peeling before.

It has a very light texture and pleasant scent (think lemon candy).

All in all, if you have severe lip problems, I would definitely recommend this.

Update: I've had this for about a month and a half and I have a about a quarter of it left. This lip balm is very light, so I find it's not the greatest for wearing overnight. Also, the key for optimal moisture is to leave your lips alone after application; don't rub them together, don't touch them, don't lick your lips. This way, the product can absorb into your lips properly and last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This lip balm has exactly the same texture as all the other Fresh lip balms, which is to say smooth and creamy. This smells like delicious lemons (my favorite!) and goes on very smoothly. This lip balm is not any better than the other Fresh lip balms, but the price is a little bit higher. I actually prefer the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm to this (which is six dollars cheaper and does not melt as easily). Overall, this is a good lip balm, but the price is outrageous. I would not repurchase this lip balm in particular, but instead would recommend the other tinted lip balms by Fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this in a Fresh set that included a deluxe sample of this and I love it! Even without the scrub and treatment my lips are much more hydrated and look very healthy. I have 2 others and this one I like because I can use it at bedtime. I use the scrub or I might skip it because with this my lips have barely been flakey. They barely get dry and this just hydrates so well!

I have always been a fan of the scent it reminds me of lemon aide. I love the twist cap no more grossness in my makeup bag. I personally do not take these out in super hot weather. They melt so fast so there is no point in leaving this in your car or on you when it's hot as hades. So, save your lippie and leave it home;)

This one and Petal I would purchase in full size without a doubt . Especially this one because it is an excellent night treatment. I wake up with much better lips then I went to bed with. I really love this one because of the no SPF which at night I have no use for. Love the scent and the ingredients are stellar. Love! Recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll be honest....I *want* to hate this balm.lol The price makes me cringe and literally sick to my stomach! How can I possibly justify spending $25 on a lip balm??!! But it actually *works*.
I got a pretty good sized sample from QVC during the Beauty with Benefits promo. I keep it on my keyboard at work. I can see a visible difference in my lips--They look fuller, plumper, more moist... Ugh! I love that it works but when I saw the actual retail price I almost passed out!! $25 for a tube of lip balm?!
The thing is I've been at a loss since Neutrogena Lip Boost got pulled from the market(chemical issues)...That stuff really worked and it was dirt cheap, like $7 at CVS. And I haven't found a moisturizing, lip-boosting product since Lip Boost--until now.
When I say it works, no exaggeration, it works. Even after my gloss has worn off and all I've got is a little liner on, I just smooth some of this Sugar lip balm on and my lips look like I had work done...Fast, simple, effective--but very very not cheap.
So if you have full pouty lips, don't waste your money...use chapstick or something....but if your lips are thin or dry and you want fuller plush lips, this is the way to go. But dear God it's expensive!!lol

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This lip balm is quite moisturizing .. The scent is like a sweet lemony gummy ... I only apply this at mornings when I do my routine as well as night .. It has my lips soft and less sored. Haven't seen much difference with the lines and plumpness on my lips or maybe there is, but very subtle . Been using for a month and half.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Seriously, what more can you ask for in a lip balm. It's ultra-moisturizing, long lasting, and doesn't dry out. The condition of my lips has definitely improved since I started using this. The scent is light and a little lemony. The packaging for these balms are brilliant, it screws on to ensure that the top doesn't go flying off in your purse and leave you with a gross, beat up lip balm. Bravo, Fresh!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Mernoir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!