Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

on 1/17/2015 4:21:00 PM

Got this because my lips get reeeeally dry in winter. It goes on nicely, feels smooth, smells nice, but it dries out on your lips really fast and I found they got even drier the more I used it. The tinted ones are even worse. It also didn't last very long, like I ran out after using it once a day for about a month. Definitely not worth the price. You can get way better ones for nothing (Nivea has the best imo)

on 1/3/2015 1:39:00 AM

I wanted to love this product more than anything. :(
But it has got to be one of the worst lip balms I've ever used.
I love the design of the packaging because it's very clean and pretty. But the stick is loose in there so it can break off easily.
The smell of the balm is wonderful. Like lemon sugar. I love it!
And applying the balm is the best most luxurious feeling in the world! Like butter!
After all these pros, I thought it would work amazingly on my naturally dry lips.
My lips are always dry, flaky, and peeling. Especially in the winter time.
Which Is why I got the advanced one!
But I've been using it for two weeks straight now every night before bed, and my lips are probably more dry than ever.
I thought I would wake up to flawless soft smoothe lips!
But I wake up to just the opposite.
I thought maybe after using it a little longer it would work better.
Nope! My lips just got worse!!!
I honestly can't believe how horribly this works.
And for the price, so not worth it!! Not even worth $1 to be honest.
So paying $25 for it is obserd.
If the advanced therapy works this bad, imagine how bad the regular one works.
I really wanted to love this especially since it applys on so nicely and smells wonderful.
But other than that it's useless.
Save your money and get Vaseline lip therapy which works wonderfully!

on 12/18/2014 4:01:00 PM

I have officially run out of this lip balm and I'm definitely going back for more! I have big lips that get dry very easily and peel all the time. I've tried many different lip balms with many different price tags. Many of which were too oily or too sticky and just not sufficient enough for my lips. This SUGAR stick as really wowed me! It stays on when I drink water and also feels really nice when applying. My lips also feel more plump and full instead of crusty and dry like a raisin. I recommend this product to everyone!

on 12/18/2014 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Fresh lip balms just as much as the next person here. They really are effective and truly moisturizing as opposed to creating a protective barrier/film over dry lips like most balms do. These products truly moisturize and "treat". They're perfect for people who have very dry, cracked lips but also for the casual lip balm user. I use this everyday almost as part of my skin care regimen before bedtime as it is non-sticky or waxy, and definitely prior to using a matte/drying lipstick. It does leave a bit of shine if you really pile it on. The scent is fresh and citrus/lemon-y, which is very pleasant. However, lippies MUST be reduced for price simply because I've never owned one of these balms without it breaking halfway through. I keep this in my bedroom at room temperature next to my mascara--meaning it's not in a hot car or carried in my purse where it can be damaged. I also realize these are delicate because they are made from almost all truly natural ingredients, which is extremely rare in any beauty product and truly impressive as far as Fresh goes. I would purchase these over and over if they weren't $25 a piece and broken not even halfway through!

on 8/16/2014 5:15:00 AM

1. Smell - it smells fresh like vanilla-ish mix with citrus or lime or perhaps lemon. I love love this. It reminds me of something I ate during summer like cake?? I wouldn't mind eating something smells like this XDD

2. Moisturising Powa! - I own this in a mini one and I think this size is already enough. You don't have to go over your lips once you apply it on. It's so oily (in a good way though!) and thick. It makes me feel like there is something protecting my lips.

Over all - PERF! I lurf this! I recommend use this with sugar lip polish, it's great. Niceee and great 8))

on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Holy. Crap.

I have eczema on my lips, and I was using Nuxe RÍve de Miel before, which I thought was already really good.

I got this as a gift, because I was unwilling to spend $29 CAD on a lip balm. It has soothed my most recent flare up in a matter of hours, and my lips look smooth and soft where it was scaly and peeling before.

It has a very light texture and pleasant scent (think lemon candy).

All in all, if you have severe lip problems, I would definitely recommend this.

Update: I've had this for about a month and a half and I have a about a quarter of it left. This lip balm is very light, so I find it's not the greatest for wearing overnight. Also, the key for optimal moisture is to leave your lips alone after application; don't rub them together, don't touch them, don't lick your lips. This way, the product can absorb into your lips properly and last longer.

on 6/29/2014 9:31:00 AM

This lip balm has exactly the same texture as all the other Fresh lip balms, which is to say smooth and creamy. This smells like delicious lemons (my favorite!) and goes on very smoothly. This lip balm is not any better than the other Fresh lip balms, but the price is a little bit higher. I actually prefer the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm to this (which is six dollars cheaper and does not melt as easily). Overall, this is a good lip balm, but the price is outrageous. I would not repurchase this lip balm in particular, but instead would recommend the other tinted lip balms by Fresh.

on 6/9/2014 11:30:00 PM

I received this in a Fresh set that included a deluxe sample of this and I love it! Even without the scrub and treatment my lips are much more hydrated and look very healthy. I have 2 others and this one I like because I can use it at bedtime. I use the scrub or I might skip it because with this my lips have barely been flakey. They barely get dry and this just hydrates so well!

I have always been a fan of the scent it reminds me of lemon aide. I love the twist cap no more grossness in my makeup bag. I personally do not take these out in super hot weather. They melt so fast so there is no point in leaving this in your car or on you when it's hot as hades. So, save your lippie and leave it home;)

This one and Petal I would purchase in full size without a doubt . Especially this one because it is an excellent night treatment. I wake up with much better lips then I went to bed with. I really love this one because of the no SPF which at night I have no use for. Love the scent and the ingredients are stellar. Love! Recommend.

I'll be honest....I *want* to hate this balm.lol The price makes me cringe and literally sick to my stomach! How can I possibly justify spending $25 on a lip balm??!! But it actually *works*.
I got a pretty good sized sample from QVC during the Beauty with Benefits promo. I keep it on my keyboard at work. I can see a visible difference in my lips--They look fuller, plumper, more moist... Ugh! I love that it works but when I saw the actual retail price I almost passed out!! $25 for a tube of lip balm?!
The thing is I've been at a loss since Neutrogena Lip Boost got pulled from the market(chemical issues)...That stuff really worked and it was dirt cheap, like $7 at CVS. And I haven't found a moisturizing, lip-boosting product since Lip Boost--until now.
When I say it works, no exaggeration, it works. Even after my gloss has worn off and all I've got is a little liner on, I just smooth some of this Sugar lip balm on and my lips look like I had work done...Fast, simple, effective--but very very not cheap.
So if you have full pouty lips, don't waste your money...use chapstick or something....but if your lips are thin or dry and you want fuller plush lips, this is the way to go. But dear God it's expensive!!lol

on 4/29/2014 10:45:00 PM

This lip balm is quite moisturizing .. The scent is like a sweet lemony gummy ... I only apply this at mornings when I do my routine as well as night .. It has my lips soft and less sored. Haven't seen much difference with the lines and plumpness on my lips or maybe there is, but very subtle . Been using for a month and half.

Popular Lip Treatments