October 22, 2014 | 1015 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Mascara noir G

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shirleysplace8

Pro's:
it's creamy
it's compact..most mascaras don't fit in my to go make-up purse.

Con's:
It's extremely heavy
You have to unscrew it so you can click the mirror open so it's not practical to use it for something other than the mascara because it will cause the mascara to dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the product itself. The brush is amazing and, once set, it doesn't leave my lashes feeling hard and stiff. They feel almost plush. The formula could be a tad wetter for my liking, but it works well as it is. I don't get a ton of lengthening with this, but I already have long lashes to begin with, and this gives me some great volume.

The only thing I can't stand is the packaging. I'm working on a deluxe sample I got from one beauty box or another. I love it as a traditional , simple tube of mascara. I'm getting to the end of my sample and was going to repurchase, but looking at the regular contraption it's sold as (which is $50+ after tax here), I won't buy it. I hate the packaging. I don't need all the extra flash with the huge tube and the mirror. If they were to do away with the crazy packaging and sell the size of the refill in a normal mascara tube for less money (or for the cost of the $28 refill), I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is a very good performing mascara as far as lengthening, and some curling. It goes on lashes beautifully but I would have some flakes when applying. It is on the drier side. My main problem with this is that I paid the price for the fancy case w/mirror and planned on paying the lower price for the refills. However, I dropped this and a part of the closer popped off and now my mirror won't close. I'm annoyed by that. So I guess if you are prone to dropping things like me and don't really love spending so much on mascara, learn from my mistake and handle this product with care!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW! This mascara really makes my non-existing lashes look long! The formula is dry which is what I prefer. It doesn't irritate my eyes like many other eye products. Its removed rather easily. I think this just beat my previously favorite mascara, Dior Show! I noticed that this mascara clumps if I wiggle the brush into my lashes, but it looks separates my lashes perfectly if I apply it without wiggling. It holds my curls after curling all day also and has a pleasant light scent of roses, rather than a gross chemical funk like most mascaras. I never thought I'd throw the money down for a mascara but $26 for this feels so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I got talked into buying when I was buying other things at the Guerlain counter, and I was tired at the end of the day and my will was weak, but as it turns out I am happy I did. I don't usually like waterproof mascaras because normally they do bad things to my lashes, like dry them out, make them break off, or they flake into my eyes and cause problems there (like a trip to A&E once). At the same time, regular ones usually cause raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I actually had some success with the Serge Lutens mascara, but now that really is crazy expensive. This one is justifiable, especially if you stick with it and buy the refill. Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised. It goes on smoothly - no flakes, no clumps, and it seems to curl ever so slightly, and it does those normal things we expect - makes lashes darker, thicker, longer. The best part is that it doesn't budge at all and actually seems to have improved the condition of my lashes! They don't fall out anymore when I take my eye-makeup off and they're longer because they're not breaking off. Not that it's important with a mascara, but I do like the rose-y scent too. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This mascara is super expensive but it is well worth the splurge. I hardly come across mascaras that i truly love because i am asian and as you can imagine i have thin lashes. This mascara gives me super duper length and volume, and holds my curl. Not to mention its deep dark glossy black in colour as well. People think I'm wearing falsies! I am definitely buying this again. One mascara has lasted me a very long time (perhaps maybe 8 -10 months). So well worth it! Guerlain please do NOT discontinue this mascara. Its my ultimate HG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover321

I mean it is quite an expensive mascara but it is worth it. It looks really cool. The mascara really does give your lashes more volume. My lashes looks more defined after using this Mascara. There's also a mirror which is quite good. This is one unique mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, but it is not for everyone!
Pros: smells amazing, refillable, adorable packaging with a mirror, it's like the rouge g's but bigger, conditioning, really black very volumizing

Cons: the brush is hard to hold because of its weight, doesn't curl lashes, and I've seen it actually straighten curled lashes, EXPENSIVE.

But if you let your lashes dry then use a curler you'll be good, and the mascara is great for layering, if you like that I would suggest using bourjois curling one on top, or Lancomes cil booster xl under.

I wouldn't repurchase the whole thing again, just the refills!

It isn't a must have, just a luxury

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 5 weeks. The formulation of this product on my lashes deserves a 5+++++. A med- full finish, nice amount of curl and a tapered more natural shape to the lashes. I have been a chanel and dior mascara user for many years, but am now ditching them for this superior formula - I cannot speak more highly of it. I have been using the sample they gave me now for 5 weeks (can you believe that!) every day and have not had one crumble, smear or irritation. Now as far as the packaging goes, I think it is an absolute waste of money and nothing more than a snobby gimmick. Solid yes, but I personally find it too heavy and the mirror too small. And really, when putting your make up on in front of a regular sized mirror, why the heck would you change to a fiddly little number for your mascara! There is no need for touch ups either, so I really just don't see any practical purpose to the design. I did go and purchase a refil a couple of weeks back thinking that surely the sample wasn't going to last much longer, but very pleased it has. The refill is pretty strange looking, but because I love the formula and brush so much, I am prepared to compromise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best mascara I have ever tried and am happy (or rather fear due to the price) that I have found my HG after decades and on the hunt for a truly great mascara and trying out so many to no avail. I really did not want to give in, seriously, 70 bucks for a mascara? (that is what it costs where I live). Now I do love Guerlain, well, actually, I am sort of passionate about it and am seriously addicted to Rouge Gs but I tend to buy those with coupons or in last season's colors so I had not seriously considered this mascara though admittedly I was curious.

Well, that is till last weekend I ended up going for a nice visit to the makeup counters and this time with no eye makeup on. I somehow (who knows how as I did not intend to) ended up at the Guerlain counter and since I had been curious I decided to give this mascara a try. Now with my sparse, pathetic short and straight lashes with a couple second application I saw my lashes transformed into something amazing, like something belonging to a fairy and I knew right away I had to have this. My lashes were beautifully curled, lenghtened and volumized with absolutely no clumping. The curl and all other great effects lasted all day and there was no flaking whatsoever, no racoon eyes, no pieces in my eyes irritating them and my lashes remained really soft. Some mascaras make my eyelashes so brittle that I can feel the mascara on them and start pulling them off. To date I have not found one mascara that was perfect for my sad lashes but this definitely is.

To add, of course that amazing case, I mean it is like a weapon combined with jewelry and I have to say that men are really fascinated and impressed when you pull these cases out in public and they were sort of designed for that, I mean what is sexier than a woman putting a gorgeous red lipstick on publickly, ok, well, maybe not mascara... but who can resist this case? Granted it is heavy and not very practical but when has makeup become about what is practical? It is all about beauty and embracing that we are women.

The best part is that it is refillable, great for the environment and it does get a little better for your wallet since refills cost half and are relatively easy to do even if you got two left hands like I do. In response to the reviewer that had problems removing it, I had none but then I used Guerlain eye makeup remover which is also my fave. The Clinique remover is good too but oilier and a bit less effective in my opinion, not sure what it was but though the formula stayed on perfect and remained fresh and soft, removing was no big deal for me, I have had far bigger problems removing certain Clinique mascaras in the past and a lot more flaking and clumping with some Lancome Hypnose mascara that otherwise could have worked well. So despite the price or because of it, in this case you actually do get what you pay for and as usual you use less product so maybe just maybe it is worth it in the long run, well, if it makes you happy and feel great about yourself then it was already worth it.