Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.0% Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tricaprylin, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 2/23/2015 3:58:00 PM

This is a very good product in super tacky packaging. If PF would streamline the compact, make it in basic black or grey, and eliminate the silly brush I would be thrilled. The Translucent shade evens out my skintone in a believable way, adds SPF 30, lasts well, isn't too shiny, and doesn't smell bad. I prefer the actual powder to any number of high end products, but the compact simply does not fulfill my longing for elegant minimalism. And if you drop it, it's done for.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really want to like this product...it is one of the physicians formula powders that is not too pink and/or too dark (I am talking to you, BB powder) and the texture to touch is really really creamy. But...
1. It does something bad to my skin. It was not very obvious at first, but after a week of use there were much more breakouts on my face.
2. The "airbrushing" part (the sheen) emphasizes every little imperfection on my face that I don't even know. I am young (look at the age division) and my skin is in general in pretty good condition but this powder just emphasizes every dry patch (that I don't even know) and break outs (caused by this powder) on my face. It is just...not a good look.
3. I tried it every way...on bare skin, over sheer foundation and over full coverage foundation, and it is just...chalky. No matter what brush I use or what the application method I try, it just leaves a visible (I mean it, I can see the dust of the powder) layer of powder on my face. I even tried to use my fingers to help blending but it just...doesn't work. The chalkiness and the shine somehow (I don't even know how) makes my skin look dry and shiny at the same time...just terrible.
4. The packaging. I first thought that the mirror on the bottom is pretty handy until the hinge broke...and then the whole pan just sat there and....it was bad.
Bottom line: I tossed it.

on 2/2/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder is pretty lovely. I like the feel of it, as well as the finish. It leaves my face looking pretty natural with just a light sweep over my BB cream and concealer. On days that I just want to quickly get out of the house I wear this powder.

I can't think of really any negative thing about this powder besides the claims of SPF 30. If you really look into how they determine what SPF something is, then this would be classified as not even having an SPF in my opinion. Layered over a moisturizer, a foundation, both with some SPF, then this, sure it could help, but not on it's own. I try to be good and never leave the house without some protection from the sun, but I would never leave the house wearing just this and expect to be "protected".

Other than that, it doesn't break me out, it feels nice and soft, and it's a great basic powder.

on 11/11/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! I have normal skin that gets just slightly oily in the t-zone throughout the day, but my nose is also dry/flakey. I wanted a setting powder that wasn't super matte because I like a more natural/satin finish and I am not concerned about oil control. I'm MAC NW15 (in mineralize foundation) and I bought this powder in Creamy Natural. The color looks great on me, not too dark. I apply with a fluffy powder brush over foundation and it looks beautiful. I also apply more heavily over BB cream and can get some coverage from this powder. The powder doesn't cling to/accentuate my dry skin but also takes most of my shine away. It doesn't look powdery and cakey on the skin like most powders do. My only complaint is the packaging: it's very bulky and feels fragile. I like that it comes with a little brush for convenience on the go, but the brush storage compartment bigger than necessary and adds to the bulk.

on 11/2/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This natural looking powder is perfect for achieving a dewy look. I love it for brightening up my under eye area. It's a bit too shimmery for areas where my skin isn't perfectly smooth, so I put it where I want a highlight (under my eyes, cheekbones, and cupids bow). It provides a medium to light coverage depending on how you apply (use a dry or damp sponge for more coverage). Overall I love this powder but I wouldn't use it as a powder foundation unless I had perfect skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this! I keep this in my purse for easy touch ups during the day. I am a liquid foundation girl, but, on very hot days, or lazy days this is perfect. It covers beautifully, high coverage for a powder. Nice glow, not chalky or powdery. It covers all my redness, looks natural but flawless. I've never been so impressed with a powder foundation, and I've tried kat von d, BE, BE ready, and mac. The only downside is the packaging, it's bulky, breaks easily, and I hate when they have brushes in compacts, feels wasteful.

on 9/19/2014 1:25:00 PM

Let me start off buy saying I've tried EVERYTHING high end low end you name it to try to cover up my acne and scarring. A year ago I discovered "pur minerals pressed powder" was my HG for the longest time but it never really matched me and was 27$!! I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago looking for something that wouldn't break me out, offer the coverage I needed(full) and cheaper than pur minerals. Well I FOUND IT with this product I was AMAZED veryyyy similar to put minerals but less than half the price! Amazing! This is also great for acne prone skin, no fragrance, talc, parabins or anything like that! Looking for light weight, natural looking full coverage that only takes SECONDS to apply. This is it give it a try I'm telling you you won't be disappointed

on 9/10/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the everything about this except that the lightest one is too dark for my fair skin. Love the SPF aspect.

I just started using this because of a 30% off sale at a local drug store. I have been an avid user of MAC studio FX for my combination skin, but wanted to try something lighter feeling. I bought this stuff as a first try into the world of mineral makeup and I must say, I LOVE it. It feels lightweight, it looks like satin and although it does have a very subtle glow to it, it does stay matte pretty well. The coverage is not bad, and buildable, so someone like me who does not like wearing heavy foundation can play with it on a need-by-need basis. This stuff is beautiful. It looks beautiful and feels beautiful on my skin. It is makeup that I feel my skin loves to have on it. I love the ingredients and it has not caused any problems for my skin whatsoever. I would highly recommend anyone to give this a try.

Packaging: I use the brush it came with, but will admit it is not the best applicator. I could see a larger brush being much faster and better. I have even read that some have used a sponge, which could also be easily stored in place of the brush it comes with under the mirror. It is slightly bulky packaging, but with touch-ups barely needed, I will take the bad with the overwhelming good in this.

Update: I swapped the brush with a larger, softer and more full kabuki brush and I find application much more efficient. I also found the "glow" to be a bit too luminous with my combination skin, and only use it in the winter when I don't want my skin to be overboard glowy.

on 8/27/2014 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was very chalky and powdery looking on the skin. My skin seemed more oily when using as well.