April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Minjeec

The shade selection is small. I got this on sale for 40% off so I got it. It has spf which is good. It has a natural non cakey finish. However, after a few hours, you become greasy. I just use oil blotting sheets when this happens since I have slightly oily skin and it fixes the problem. I think this is slightly breaking me out also, even though I rarely get pimples. The breakouts werent giant, but tiny red bumps on my forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by esaechao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of a coupon where you but one and get one free. So I bought this in translucent and I also bought the blush. This color matches me now but it will be to light for me in the summer. I need to go a shade down or combine it with a slightly darker powder. This powder has an almost creamy feel. It is build able up to medium almost full coverage. I have oily skin and its wear time is about 6 hours on me. I was disappointed that I saw shimmer in this product. It doesn't seem to transfer like that on to the face but I still wish it didn't have shimmer. The packaging on this product is a nice a blue color but it's way too bulky. The price is a little high for a drugstore brand in my opinion but with the coupon I got I was okay with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by kkwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I bought this powder because I had the physicians formula blush and I love how fine the powder was, it gave such a flawless look. However, this powder seems to irritate under my eyes and makes them red/itchy. I bought it in translucent and it's definitely not translucent it does have some color. The finish looks so nice. I would recommend you try it if you're looking for something with lighter coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

I love this powder it gives a nice natural finish but it can be built up to full coverage. It's perfect for quick makeup looks and I even use it as a setting powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Silmarien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. I was so excited about this product. Natural, SPF 30, sensitive-skin friendly, the right color (Translucent, for my cool-toned pale skin). But sadly i could not deal with all the glitter in this product. I dont like looking like i stuck my face in a glitter pot while it was still damp. This is more mica than 'mineral'. If the glowy/shiney/bronzer-like finish is your thing, you will love this. But it's not mine. And underlying the 'shiney' look there is also a weird matte-ness that looks thick, heavy, fake (no matter how little you use or how it is applied, and for the record i never use the brushes or sponges that come with these) and not at all like real skin. It's like there is a little too much coverage, but at the same time it tries to be all dewy and sheer. They totally tried too hard with this one. I liked the earlier version of Mineral Wear a few years ago, which was much better than this (no glittery look) but once i decided to switch to BB creams i gave mineral powder the heave-ho. I wanted to try this one thinking it would be the upgrade but it's really not. Save your receipt - i'm glad i did - or just save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like it. It have gave me a white cast look. It also didn't keep me matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ohmygosh i love this stuff. glowy finish with FULL coverage. only downfall is you CAN look oily after a good 3-4 hours. nothing a little blotting cant fix c; can be used as a powder foundation or can be used over anything else. amazing stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think I knew what I was buying when I bought this. I don't have experience with powders at all. I have dry skin but thanks to my TLC and some amazing products it is doing GREAT now. I used to never need powders because my skin was so dry and dull. Now I do have some shine in my t-zone. Woo hoo! LOL! I bought this powder to knock down that shine over my foundation. Well... this is just too much over foundation. Too much coverage. The sheen/glow in this powder looked odd over my sort of dewy foundation.

I came back to MUA to re-read reviews. One of the reasons I picked this one was because of great reviews (that and SPF). I saw multiple reviews calling this product "foundation". What??? So I tried this alone as just a powder foundation. It looks BEAUTIFUL! I think the name "airbrushed" is a good description of this product. Great coverage for a powder. I had no idea powders could do that. Actually, a little more coverage than I actually need.

Also I LOVE the glow it gives my skin. It is NOT GLITTERY. A nice satin finish. I wear cream blush and a cream product and a powder product don't play well together but if I put blush on underneath it works. Powder blush works MUCH better.

Will cake if applied to heavily, start off small and build. Sometimes cakes if trying to reapply later in day.

I hate hate hate the brush. What a piece of junk even by "brush included" standards. The compact is VERY thick because of the stupid brush. I also hate the VERY metallic blue - very juvenile and not classy at all. It may sound vain, but I would be embarrassed for anyone to see me using this ugly compact. Hmmm could I coat it with black glossy nail polish???

A little pricey for drugstore powder but it doesn't take much so I think it will last me a long time.

I LOVE that it has SPF.

EDIT AFTER MORE USE: I LOVE this over my tinted moisturizer!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A warning: If you're pale, and are contemplating on buying this online in the "Light Kit" they have -- don't. The kit comes with "Creamy Natural", which is not stated on their box, so I would look at this color in person before purchasing. Most of the pictures I came across were apparently lighter, and the products are a little darker in person.

Though this is shade is too dark for me at the moment, the foundation itself is a dream! I purchased this with the purpose of using it only as a touch up powder, but it actually has some pretty good coverage! I have never found a great compact foundation with decent coverage! It has medium coverage for me. I wore this around my house to get a feel for how long it lasts, and it lasts for a pretty long time. My current foundation can last nearly all day with my Physicians Formula Talc Free Mineral Wear Powder, and this foundation is probably equal to it.

This also gives me a mostly matte finish, but with a very small hint of glow, which I am loving!

The packaging is like a lot of their other face powders, but in a pretty blue! There's a mirror and brush included as well.

My only gripe is the price. It is actually really reasonable for a pressed, compact foundation, but for someone that uses mineral makeup on a daily basis, and needs good coverage, buying a loose powder is way cheaper -- but you don't have the added convenience. This is only 7.5 grams, and I would use this up really fast. It would be way to expensive for me to use daily, but for touch ups, it's great!

I love that I will be able to throw this in my bag during the summer and do touch ups between work and going to class. I would def. repurchase for this reason.

EDIT 01.21.14
I got the shade in "Translucent" with CVS 40% off PF sale, and it's the right color for me, and should have been the color included in the light kit! I'm so excited to have this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am totally in love with this foundation!

I had been desperately searching for a foundation that didn't contain talc or other ingredients that are likely to cause breakouts after analyzing my other foundations on cosdna.com and finding out - to my horror - that despite the fact that they were called natural or herbal, they had some trigger ingredients that were likely contributing to my problems with adult acne. I had tried this in the bronzer before but didn't put it together to try the powder until I just found myself staring at the label that said TALC-FREE. Eureka!

Shade: I wear in translucent, and while it is not actually translucent (as in no color to it) it is very light and the perfect shade for my pale skin. It is not pink, but neutral-toned and does not oxidize at all.

Finish: Beautiful! Can be worn anywhere from light coverage to almost full, depending on what you use to apply it and how much you put on. It is buildable without looking cakey. It is not completely matte but has a semi-matte finish that makes skin look flawless and luminous but not overly made up. I either apply it using the included brush (more on that later) for medium coverage or with my Real Techniques powder brush for fuller coverage. While I still need concealer under my eyes and on blemishes, I find the finish of this to look even, natural and just lovely. It blends really nicely and looks seamless on skin.

Lastability: Lasts a full work day and longer, and I don't use any primer or any other face products with it. Does not smear, fade, melt, or turn orange. As the day goes on it gets a little more shiny - since it's not a totally matte finish to begin with - but I just blot any shiny areas with rice paper. I never need to touch up the powder. Plays well with others, not turning bronzers or blush odd colors or rejecting it.

Skin interaction: As I said, the reason I initially bought this was because of the ingredients. It has very low numbers for acne and skin irritation potential and has not caused me any problems, and I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. Does not emphasize dry patches, or make skin feel dry/tight. I also am so happy that this boasts SPF 30!

Packaging & Price: At $14 a pop, it's not the cheapest in the drugstore but the quality of it would make you swear it's a $50+ powder. With coupons and sales, you can get it for less but it is TOTALLY worth the price. I like the shiny turquoise packaging, and for once don't mind the bulkiness of having the pan on top of the part to hold the brush because the brush is totally functional! Although the included ones almost never are, this one is. It's very short and densely bristled and works pretty well.

Daily application (1-2x) and still I don't hit pan on this for at least two months. Awesome!

I honestly can't say enough good things about this. This is the type of product the term Holy Grail Makeup was invented for. It is the BEST foundation I've ever used, and I recommend it highly!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No