Maybelline Super Stay 14HR lipstick in Perpetual Peony

on 11/24/2013 12:11:00 PM

This reminds me so much of Maybelline's Color Sensational Make Me Pink (I'm such a weirdo because I bought both of these colors at the same time even though they seemed identical). However, the finish on Perpetual Peony is more matte pigmented. Even thought it has a matte finish, it doesn't feel dry or suck the moisture out of your lips. It certainly doesn't stay on for 14 hours, but it does stay on for a maybe four hours. If you're looking for Make Me Pink and can't find it, I would suggest this one, and vice versa.

This is a brighter pink with blue undertones to it; I wear it almost daily in the Spring and Summer.

on 8/17/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this product! The shade is so versatile, it goes with almost anything and anyone. It's long lasting effect also faired quite well-it withstood a meal and plenty of wine sipping but not quite 14 hours. For a long lasting product it was not too drying on the lips which is a big plus!

I've had this in my collection but never gave it ago until a few weeks ago. Wow! So glad I did!

It's gorgeous, a suitable everyday colour. Smells fruity, I don't find it sticky at all. The colour payoff is amazing, especially for drugstore. Doesn't last the full 14 hours.. maybe 4? ..

on 6/18/2013 8:29:00 PM

Aside from not seeing the small crack in the top :( hence the low package score, but no major deal, I got this at Kmart in the shade Perpetual Peony. I don't normally buy drugstore brands as they are often similarly priced as MAC lipsticks and don't deliver. I don't own any other lippies in this shade... It's a very very cool toned matte pale pink with a tinge of lavender even. It is slightly similar to MAC viva glam gaga but more lavender-y. That's what roped me in since I basically have every color of the rainbow. The color's gorgeous and so summery :) it looks very good w my cool toned pinky light/med skin and red hair... Itd prob suit many skin tones. The formula is kinda odd but in a good way. It goes on real slick like a gloss but then when it dries it is ON THERE. All the other matte lipsticks I own that claim to be long wearing are dry upon application; when I first put it on it was so wet I said no way is this gona last. So then that peculiar drying effect happens and the color MAY lose a slight dab of intensity but still basically stays true. I loooove matte long wearing lippies and I highly recommend this one, esp in this shade. So perfect for a pretty, subtle yet noticeable summer daytime go-to. Although I will definitely be trying one or two other shades!!

Perpetual Peony is a lovely color. I really like the way it looks on me, it goes on smooth and the lipstick has a nice almost fruity scent. My problem with it is that it does not last 14 hours like it says at all. I am very interested in long wear lip products but I really thought Maybelline's would last longer then it did. The color is nice though, but for the price I would not rebuy it. I've recently tried a wet and wild megalast lipstick of a similar color and really would compare it to this one only cheaper and less sticky.

Smells good. Really, really good! :)
Lovely pink color that's highly pigmented.

Does NOT last 14 hours.
Reminds me of regular lipstick.
Kind of expensive at $9-$10.
A little bit sticky.

on 1/27/2012 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This pink is awesome! It's a blue based matte bright pink! It is a barbie kind of pink! It's sticky in texture, but it does stay on. It's super pigmented. Amazing quality for a drugstore product!