July 31, 2014 | 1102 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Super Stay 14HR lipstick in Perpetual Peony

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lipstick! It is a very pretty cool toned, pale pink. It IS a tricky color to pull off if you don't have the right coloring for it but it looks AMAZING with my pale, cool toned skin. While it's not transfer proof (it doesn't claim to be), I found the staying power to be amazing considering I sip out of a water bottle all day. There was even still lipstick on my lips after eating a pear. AND this product doesn't suck the moisture out of my lips like other long wearing lipsticks do, how great is that?!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This reminds me so much of Maybelline's Color Sensational Make Me Pink (I'm such a weirdo because I bought both of these colors at the same time even though they seemed identical). However, the finish on Perpetual Peony is more matte pigmented. Even thought it has a matte finish, it doesn't feel dry or suck the moisture out of your lips. It certainly doesn't stay on for 14 hours, but it does stay on for a maybe four hours. If you're looking for Make Me Pink and can't find it, I would suggest this one, and vice versa.

This is a brighter pink with blue undertones to it; I wear it almost daily in the Spring and Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The shade is so versatile, it goes with almost anything and anyone. It's long lasting effect also faired quite well-it withstood a meal and plenty of wine sipping but not quite 14 hours. For a long lasting product it was not too drying on the lips which is a big plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I've had this in my collection but never gave it ago until a few weeks ago. Wow! So glad I did!

It's gorgeous, a suitable everyday colour. Smells fruity, I don't find it sticky at all. The colour payoff is amazing, especially for drugstore. Doesn't last the full 14 hours.. maybe 4? ..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Aside from not seeing the small crack in the top :( hence the low package score, but no major deal, I got this at Kmart in the shade Perpetual Peony. I don't normally buy drugstore brands as they are often similarly priced as MAC lipsticks and don't deliver. I don't own any other lippies in this shade... It's a very very cool toned matte pale pink with a tinge of lavender even. It is slightly similar to MAC viva glam gaga but more lavender-y. That's what roped me in since I basically have every color of the rainbow. The color's gorgeous and so summery :) it looks very good w my cool toned pinky light/med skin and red hair... Itd prob suit many skin tones. The formula is kinda odd but in a good way. It goes on real slick like a gloss but then when it dries it is ON THERE. All the other matte lipsticks I own that claim to be long wearing are dry upon application; when I first put it on it was so wet I said no way is this gona last. So then that peculiar drying effect happens and the color MAY lose a slight dab of intensity but still basically stays true. I loooove matte long wearing lippies and I highly recommend this one, esp in this shade. So perfect for a pretty, subtle yet noticeable summer daytime go-to. Although I will definitely be trying one or two other shades!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perpetual Peony is a lovely color. I really like the way it looks on me, it goes on smooth and the lipstick has a nice almost fruity scent. My problem with it is that it does not last 14 hours like it says at all. I am very interested in long wear lip products but I really thought Maybelline's would last longer then it did. The color is nice though, but for the price I would not rebuy it. I've recently tried a wet and wild megalast lipstick of a similar color and really would compare it to this one only cheaper and less sticky.

Pros:
Smells good. Really, really good! :)
Lovely pink color that's highly pigmented.

Cons:
Does NOT last 14 hours.
Reminds me of regular lipstick.
Kind of expensive at $9-$10.
A little bit sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pink is awesome! It's a blue based matte bright pink! It is a barbie kind of pink! It's sticky in texture, but it does stay on. It's super pigmented. Amazing quality for a drugstore product!