July 25, 2014 | 1246 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Rio Rumberry Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I am in love with this scent! 😍 It smells SO good and is definitely overpowering, which I personally enjoy:) it is very sweet and girly/fruity smelling which I just adore.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a little sample size bottle of this for Christmas. I've never used bath & body works lotions before and although I have no complaints with the lotion- the scent is just too overpowering for my taste.
It is super sweet (fruity) and just covers up any other possible scent. If you are a fan, this is great but if you are on the wall about the scent than you may want to stay away from it.
I won't have a problem using it up, but I may want to try something else with a scent that I'd rather prefer in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Rio Rumberry is an "exotic blend of tropical berries, fresh papapya, and vanilla blossom". Bath&BodyWorks call their body lotion the perfect daily moisturizer, because of it's non greasy texture, and nourishing ingredients like jojoba oil, vitamin E, and shea butter. Bath&BodyWorks makes their products in the USA, and are a cruelty free company; they've even won an award from PETA (take that as you will).
I got this 3fl oz travel sized bottle for free with a coupon, but you can purchase it for $5, or on a 3/$10 deal, like I usually do. The full, 8fl oz size sells for $11. Rio Rumberry is a limited edition scent that is currently being phased out, but if you act fast, you can still purchase it online or in store.
Packaging is certainly eye catching, but I'm not sure if it's appealing, it's almost too much. I guess it's supposed to invoke the color's of Rio's Carnival n'at. Actually I'm probably reading too far into it, so let me just skip to a description. It's somewhat similar to Into the Wild's packaging, but way more outrageous. The bottle is opaque, bright purple plastic with a matching pop up cap. The name of the lotion is written in gold, metallic letters. The purple label features leopard spots in multiple bright colors. It's pretty intense. It's kinda like Wet Seal exploded onto a Bath&BodyWorks bottle. Fifteen year old girls will probably be drawn to this instantly because of that.
I'm on the fence about Rio Rumberry's scent. Before I go on describing it though, let me list out the scent notes, according to Bath&BodyWorks' website.
Top Notes: Thai Papaya, Tangelo, Fresh Coconut Water, Sparkling Summer Lemon
Mid Notes: Tiare Flower, Plumeria, Watery Starfruit
Dry Notes: Coconut Cream, Tahitian Vanilla, Indonesian Sandalwood.
I'm going to be honest here. I don't know what most of those things smell like, but I'm going to do my best to describe the scent. Straight out of the bottle, Rio Rumberry smells like a mix of many tropical fruits, plumeria, and a little bit of vanilla. Very girly and fruity, typical to Bath&BodyWorks, but just a little bit more adventurous. I love fruity scents, and plumeria is one of my all time favorite scents, so Rio Rumberry should be a total win for me, but it's not. For some reason, Rio Rumberry just doesn't smell good on me. My mum described it as an "obnoxious peach" scent on me. After it dries down, it smells borderline medicinal, and most of the fruitiness goes away. The dried down scent smells strongly of overly ripe papaya and some floral scent I'm not familiar with. Do not like. I'm really disappointed, because I love how it smells straight out the bottle.
The formulation of this body lotion is a little bit different from the average Bath&BodyWorks lotion. Straight out of the bottle, this lotion seems the same, white, non-greasy, with a thin consistency. But for some reason this lotion applies drier, needing less of it. It also sinks in much faster than usual. Despite the difference in application, the level of moisture I get from Rio Rumberry doesn't differ from the normal amount. It still leaves my skin silky and soft, comfortably moisturized. I don't see any difference in the ingredient list, so I'm assuming the difference in the lotion is a fluke. Rio Rumberry's scent only lingers on the skin for an hour or so before fading away. This is definitely a scent that wears best when layered.
I'm not really a Rio Rumberry fan. It smells great in the bottle, but I just can't get past the strange, almost medicinal scent it morphs into on the skin. I can't describe the scent well either, as I'm not familiar with most of the scent notes, maybe it's just too tropical for me to appreciate. I'm kind of glad I got Rio Rumberry for free, since I don't like it. I do kinda like the "different (?)" formulation though. This is a skip for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Nice fruity scent...it's nothing special to me, it kinda reminds me of sweet temptation by victoria's secret but that scent smells better than this...I'm not sure if I would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

A great smelling lotion. Smells a lot like fruit punch but then again so do a lot of other lotions.

It delivers well, but i'm not really sold on what it delivers so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

Top Notes: Thai Papaya, Tangelo, Fresh Coconut Water, Sparkling Summer Lemon
Mid Notes: Tiare Flower Plumeria, Watery Starfruit
Dry Notes: Coconut Cream, Tahitian Vanilla, Indonesian Sandalwood

Smells soooo yummy and fruity! I love the scent and the packaging is beautiful!!