September 21, 2014 | 976 users online

Self Tanners - Fake Bake - flawless self tan liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic! I'm not someone who has tried hundreds of self tanners. I've only ever used cheaper brands for self tanners like dove, st moritz, loreal etc. In the past I've mainly stuck with the gradual tan lotions that need to be applied daily. I've always been quite scared of instant tanners because of my terrible experience with st moritz ( orangey and terrible fake tan smell) all of the fake tans I've tried have left me patchy, orange and streaky along with stinking of fake tan. I decided to splurge on a more pricey one because of the lack of sun . I decided to go with fake bake flawless due to the reviews been amazing along with wanting to try the mitt. ( never tried a mitt before) I prepped my skin as usual, shaved and exfoliated and moisturised my knees, knuckles, toes, ankles and elbows with palmers oil. Used this fake tan with the mitt and the gloves supplied and after one light application I saw a beautiful bronze/ golden colour. Not orange at all and the scent was rather tropical and very pleasant . Three days later I applied a second light coat to achieve the exact colour I want. I would definitely recommend doing two light coats rather than doing one heavy coat, just looks more natural. The only flaw is that after about 4 hours of application this does smell of fake tan slightly but it's definitely not overbearing. Would repurchase in a heartbeat and got mine off amazon so great price . Can't complain, finally found a self tanner that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by amyzzing23

Smells great!! Extremely easy to apply with the mitt! The spray is amazing, no mess on your hands! Make sure you use the gloves underneath the mitt otherwise it will get on your hands. Not a dramatic color but after a few uses, it will be great! Id rather have a less noticeable tan then too dark of a tan right off the bat. Best I've ever used. I normally use this at night but you can easily use it during the day with no problems. I use the jergens gradual tanner as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you to MUA reviewers! You have once again steered me in the direction of an amazing product and also gave me tips for a truly flawless application!

I purchased both the lotion and this liquid from Fake Bake to see which I liked the best. At the time I bought them, I thought for sure I would prefer the lotion but I was wrong. This liquid is superior in every way in terms of application, although the resulting color is the same for both.

I have dabbled in sunless tanning for years but have never found the right formula for believable color. Until I found Fake Bake! The color is perfect!! Not orange AT ALL and even the color guard looks nice. I applied to one leg (and the lotion version on the other) and was a lot happier with how easy this is to use, as opposed to the lotion. The first time I tried it, I sprayed it onto the mitt that came with it. I got a decent amount of the product on to leave a nice, uniform glow from the color guard.

The second time, I sprayed directly onto my legs and blended in quickly with the mitt. The color was darker when sprayed directly onto my skin. I got both my legs done in less than 5 minutes (and my legs are pretty long) and the formula dried in just under 10. The scent is great! It's reminiscent of suntan lotion. Even after showering there was very little, if any, telltale DHA fragrance left behind. I did not have any issues with the color guard rubbing off at all, although I did apply about 5 hours before going to bed.

The next morning, the color guard came off in the shower and left a nice, natural glow behind. This is not going to give you a "whoa, what beach have you been on!" result from one application, but a believable bronze. I really only wanted a little boost of color to match my legs with my arms and face so I feel this achieved what I was hoping for. I have not applied two nights in a row (yet) but will report back with updates if my it changes my opinion at all. My expectations were definitely met and exceeded with Fake Bake Flawless!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Pumpkin7496

I have bought this product several times. It gives a beautiful color. I suggest applying it two days in a row if you aren't satisfied with the level of darkness after your first shower. Apply it in the tub with an old towel under your feet so that the liquid doesn't soak your soles of your feet and turn them brown. Also, don't do it in your room and ruin your carpet. The downfalls are that the mitt gets crappy after one use. I honestly have better results if I turn a cotton sock inside out and use that. One you don't mind throwing away, of course. Also I smell bad before I shower cuz I think under my arms it gets my pores clogged but it's fine after a shower. Honestly I'm just giving the pros and cons I've seen but overall it's awesome: I get compliments on my color. I recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by lecksi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This self tanner is not for me. It almost completely washes off in the shower the next morning, with the exception of certain areas which then end up building up and make me look bruised and dirty. The directions say to have clean, exfoliated skin, which is what I did. However, I must have drier skin than I thought because this looks really patchy and dull around the tops of my arms. And no matter what I do, this builds up in the pores of my legs. I wish this would have worked for me because it does have a nice smell, it is a medium golden color, and I can get it on Amazon Prime for such a great price.

You're going to spend time and money when on the hunt for the perfect self tanner for you, so I would give this one a try. It may work great for some people. I guess I need to stick with lotions and steer from the sprays and mousse. Just as perfumes are not going to smell the same on every person, self tanners are not going to work the same for every person's skin. And so my quest continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kayelizabeth

Super easy to apply and it smells pretty good. Definitely will give you a nice color from one use but it does fade fairly quickly (pretty even fade too, not splotchy). If you prefer a deeper, longer lasting color just apply it 2 nights in a row and make sure to keep skin moisturized for the days following. Good exfoliation beforehand is the key to making sure it will be totally even after it develops. I would definitely recommend making sure your face is exfoliated and moisturized otherwise it can stick in your pores. About 2 or so sprays on the mitt and light rubbing all over my face works well. For my body I find it easier to just spray it directly on and use the mitt to rub it in one section at a time. One spray for hands and one spray for feet (on the mitt) and patting it on then lightly blending makes it look natural after it develops. It dries really quickly and is quick to apply in general. No streaking whatsoever from this product and the color guide is really helpful to make sure you apply it evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by TerraJustine

I LOVE THIS STUFF! This is by far the holy grail of self tanner. I'm very pale. (Irish/Welsh descent) I have tried, what it feels like, every self-tanner under the sun and this stuff is it. I love to find stuff that can get a whitey such as me as dark as possible. And this does it. I will apply and just walk right out the door and go to work. I work in a clothing retail store and I'm not afraid to get it on anything. Then I'll rinse when I get home. Only down fall about this stuff is it can be very dry and give the "lizard look". So I use Hemp Golden Glow with it and Vaseline Cocoa Radiat Lotion. If I wanna double moisturize, I'll add Shea Petrolum Jelly with the lotion. Seems to help a lot. Happy tanning ladies!!! 😎

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by cowzxquack

I LOVE this stuff! I'm a newbie to self tanning and my MIL gave this to me before a Caribbean vacation to get some color and I just love it. It's so simple to use and gives great, natural looking color. The mitt it comes with is awesome! The only con I have is the staying power, you have to build a base tan and reapply it for a few days, then it will finally last, but doing it a few days in a row can be a pain. However, overall I love this and would definitely buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always found self tanning to be a pain and I could never really be bothered, but this is so quick and easy to apply and its difficult to go wrong really! I spray directly onto the mitt and apply it that way. I can also apply it to my face with zero reactions from my sensitive skin. It smells very lightly of coconut. After showering in the morning it leaves me with a streak free, natural looking tan. I would definitely recommend anyone to give this a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Ashleem44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I literally never go without this stuff. I usually always have atleast 2 bottles +a back up.. Lol. I'm obsessed, it's amazing! Smell isn't horrible, color guard is awesome. Only con, if I had to come up with one, would be the staying power. I re-apply like every 3 days though, so that's not a biggie for me.