April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Self Tanners - Fake Bake - flawless self tan liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by sugarcookie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really disappointed with this product, having never used fake tan before, i first decided to go with fake bake 60 minute tan for a lighter tan, but after leaving this on for 1 hour (no tan) up to the 3 hours the maximum time still had no colour change. I then thought of trying the flawless range, i did my usual shower, exfoliate and prep and then applied using the mitt provided and left on over night to ensure good results. I then rinsed off this morning and again NO TAN! im not sure why this keeps happening as i am doing all the nescessary steps to apply the tan, but i am really pale skinned so maybe this has something to do with it? I have also tried applying with just the gloves, and have re applied the flawless serveral times and still no tan :( I am now giving up and going to try St Tropez, see if i can get at least a result with them. I would not recommend buying this.

***** Update!!!! *****
So i re tried this again a week later for one final go, this time i sprayed directly onto my skin using the mitt to buff in just to see if the results would be better, i applied at night, woke up in the morning and it had worked :) I was so happy i had a wonderful tan, i was reluctant to shower the guide off, however after my shower i was left with a beautiful dark bronze, that's not orange at all, i love it, just wish i was better at tanning my hands and wrists as it has streaked in these areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Here are the comments I received today from separate co-workers having applied this two nights in a row to my arms, chest, neck and face: "You look like you're glowing!" "Have you been going to a tanning bed?" "Did you go on vacation somewhere?" No one could believe this tan came from a bottle, and frankly neither can I! The color is deep, natural, non-orange and gorgeous. I asked everyone kind enough to compliment me if I looked orange in any way and everyone said not at all. I apply using the plastic gloves and mitt enclosed in the box. It's super simple: spray (either on the mitt for lighter color or direct onto skin for darker color) and rub until any streaks are blended out- it doesn't take long. I've used this on my face and did not break out. In fact, even over moisturizer, this is the first self tanning product that's ever even colored my face before! I'm so impressed!! Pros: quick drying, no gross smell, deep dark color within a couple applications even for fair skin, tans my face to exactly match my neck, natural looking color, includes gloves and mitt, not streaky (in my experience). Con: a bit pricy at around $25-$30 but mid range (ie cheaper than San Tropez but more expensive than Banana Boat, etc). I've heard people get 10+ full body applications out of a bottle and I only need to do 2-3 consecutive applications to get my base color, then 1-2 a week to maintain so it should last quite awhile.This is available at Ulta, or Amazon often has it $10 cheaper than in stores. Certainly worth a shot for anyone wanting a bronzed glow that looks like it came from a tanning bed/Caribbean vacation without the risk of skin cancer or burning! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Puggurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good self tanner. I would definitely recommend using it with the mitt to spread it around because when you spray it on, there's some big splotches and some nice misty spray. I wish they would make it more even when it sprays out. The color is very natural and glow-y.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great quality self-tanning product. I am so impressed with this stuff, I'm on my 4th bottle! I have an olive skin tone, and believe me, I have tried practically every self-tanning product under the sun, and I typically get either a very orange-pink result or orange-yellow result, but with this I get a perfect shade that suits me great. I have noticed on other people who use this product that it works well and looks good on them too. This is most likely because this product is not a "one-size-fits-all" kind of deal. It works with your natural skin and undertones to create a beautiful, natural looking tan. And the best part is, you can make your tan as dark or natural as you want., by adding more or less product. It dries quickly, so make sure you blend it in quickly and in smaller portions of your body at a time. I get more compliments on my skin using this than when I used the tanning bed. In addition, tanning beds are much more expensive and harmful to your skin, so make the switch like I did to using this product instead of the bed sooner than later. Trust me, I'm still shooting myself in the foot for not doing that earlier and wasting my time and money laying in the bed, while damaging my skin on top of that. The bottle might seem a little pricey, but it lasts about 10 weeks, which is a pretty long time if you use it daily or every other day like I do. As long as this product is on the market, I will continue to buy it.
*Add lotion about 10 minutes or so before applying this product to your knees, elbows, feet/ankles, underarms, and hands/wrists so you can get a smoother application and more consistent color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ashee1987

This is hands down the best self tanner I have used. does not streak at all, does not turn you into an oompa loompa, and dries super fast. You can however order this for around $15 on amazon. I am stocking up on this product that's how much I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlou94

I bought this product when boots had it on offer at just 15. It says to use the gloves to avoid getting any on your hand and the mitt too apply. I just used the gloves as I find the mitts usually absorb the fake tan unlike the gloves. I firstly started on my legs and used about five sprays on my thigh. This covered it all and by the time I had rubbed it all up it had dried quite quickly. It took me about 15 minutes to cover my whole body including my back which was easy to reach just by spraying it. The smell is gorgeous it has a tropical scent it doesn't have the "biscuit" scent like some fake tans do. By the time I had finished my whole body it was dry so I put my pyjamas on and slept in it. When I woke up in the morning the guide colour was a really dark olive colour with some streaks which I new would wash off having used fake bake original before too. I washed it off in the shower and a lot of the guide colour instantly washed away the colour that was left was lovely and natural - very sun kissed and beige on my pale skin tone. This lasted me about a week before it needed washing off and it washes off easy there's no patchy residue left. Considering the small size of the bottle I have used it four times for occasions and still got a fair bit left.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by ledwards22

I absolutely love the fake bake flawless, I have tried many other self tanners which have left me orange, streaky, and has an awful smell. Fake bake flawless leaves a nice golden tan without turning you orange and the mitt that comes with it is wonderful for getting an even tan. I applied it a couple evenings in a row to get my desired tan but you can apply as often as you would like and deffinitely exfoliate prior to tanning. It smells tropical which I LOVE! The color guide helps so you know where the tanner has already been applied and I am very happy with how quickly it dried. I paid 25 dollars at ulta but you can buy it cheaper on amazon for like 15 dollars. I deffinitely recommend this product for anyone wanting a nice even natural looking tan!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by VanessaVP

I love this self tanner. For years I have been too chicken to try anything that might turn me carrot colored skin. After reading so many reviews and watching videos on youtube, I finally purchased it on Amazon.com for less than 15$ . I exfoliated and applied the tanner 10 minutes later and went to bed once it dried. I woke up superrrr blotchy and I.panicked but once I took my shower it all evened out. I realized it was just the color guard and that I must of sweat during the night to cause the blotching. all this to say I rly love this product. you get a golden light brown tan with the first application. You just cant go wrong! The glove makes everything so much easier

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried quite a few drugstore brand self-tanners and this was my first venture with a high end brand self-tanner. With the high reviews on this product I thought I couldn't go wrong. We'll, I did. This is the worst I have ever tried. This stuff turned me yellow-orange. I don't know if my personal coloring just doesn't jive with this or what, as I have a naturally very yellow coloring. I will definitely be returning this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of Fake Bake products however this 'flawless' self tan is disappointing.

Pros:
*It dries quicker than most fake tans.
*It has a lovely coconut/exotic smell which has a very faint tan smell and doesn't make me feel sick.
*Has a dark guide to make it easier to apply.
*Comes with a good mitt.

Cons:
*It is very messy to apply, be careful where you spray it.
*If you get any tiny bit of water or sweat, it will absolutely ruin the tan.
*It rubs off quite easily onto clothes or pyjamas.
*It is very patchy considering I exfoliated & used their own brand of oil free moisturiser.
*Has a tendency to look orange in places, making the tan look
obviously fake.
*It is expensive to purchase.
*It sinks into my pores, especially on my face and looks really bad.

Overall, an average fake tan that is very poor quality considering its name is 'flawless' I think their Beyond Bronze range or Original lotion is much better!