Fake Bake flawless self tan liquid

4.3

Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40-B, Dihydroxyacetone, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Erythrulose, Tetrasodiuim EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Coumarin.

This was an OK self tanner. Especially for a liquid. I am N-25, N-30 naturally in summer, and this gave me a natural color. Straight up brown. I just wished it lasted longer. I get maybe 2-3 days max for this color before it goes patchy, so that's pretty disappointing. I expect to get at least 4 days between reapplications. It does have a color guide which I prefer and love. However, the guide is on the green side. On my skin, self tanners with a greenish color guide always turns my skin a beautiful brown, but I know a lot of people don't like that in a self tanner. Also, you have to be careful with the application, as it is a liquid, and can get messy if you aren't careful. The best selling point is the price. The price is amazing! I bought an entire bottle for $8 on Amazon, and the bottle lasted me most of the summer, plus, it came with the mitt which was nice. Also, the smell of this self tanner was nice too. It reminded me of Sun Laboratories self tanner, as they both smell like cordial cherries on my skin. Which, by the way, Sun Labs is way better than this and affordable at $20 a bottle. I suggest giving it a try!

on 5/14/2015 12:17:00 AM

I am a self tan novice but I've reached the age where sun damage is instantly evident (say it ain't so!). Have you ever looked melted after being in the sun all day? Kinda like "that poor candle needs to be replaced"? I have, it's not pretty. That "sun kissed glow" is Gone,Gone, Gone and I'm paying for all of the damaged I caused in my carefree youth. But I'm as pale as all get out and I need some help cause without it, I look kinda sickly. Several years ago I went to a salon and did the spray but that crap caked and pilled (yeah, like your cheap shirt pills) smack in the middle of my 4x4 excursion somewhere in the Caribbean. Everyone thought I was really dirty. Needless to say, I was a bit turned off by the whole self tanner craze, but it's years later I need some help since the Sun is no longer my friend. Enter the MUA reviews which lead me to Fake Bake Original spray. It's pretty easy to use. Just remember to exfoliate, moisturizer and take your time. I mix 50/50 with moisturizer on my face for a lighter, more natural look and I moisturize on my elbows, knee's, feet and ankles before applying Fake Bake. I look healthy and with my 70 spf sunscreen the gross melted look is gone. Thank God! I bike 30 miles a day and I have not had any issues with wear.

on 4/16/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this a few years and thought it was ok. I decided to give it another try a few weeks ago and it seemed like the same old, same old. My issue with this tanner is how messy it is! Spraying it on and then trying to rub it in and blend it before it dries is just too much work. I ended up streaky and blotchy.

on 3/30/2015 6:39:00 AM

This stuff gives the most realistic light tan color. I work in a high school and my girls all ask how i got so tan. I come from hearty, white, Slavic origin, so I do tan quickly, but rarely in new york in march! I will use it forever; despite crinkly mitt and a bit of overspray (stand on a towel and spray close to mitt) because of the color and complete lack of tanner odor. Use two applications for a streakless, stinkless, realistic tan. I already ordered the next batch.

on 3/29/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG of self tanners. I bought the Fake Bake Airbrush last week and had to take it back yesterday. NOTHING compared to the original Fake Bake Flawless. It goes on great, even around the ankles and elbows (the hardest spots). I spray it directly on the skin and then rub it in with the mitt. Whatever is left over after doing my whole body, I softly rub my face and around my ears. I just love this stuff. Can't say enough good stuff about this!! 🙌

on 2/4/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing stuff. I've tried both the original fake bake flawless and the *new* fake bake flawless darker. It's supposed to be the exact same as the original I guess, just darker ? obviously lol. I LOVE them both. I don't notice a huge difference in color between the two, they both give a rich, golden brown color. VERY natural, which I love. No weird green tinge (I'm looking at you, St. Tropez ...) and definitely no orange !! (see: snooki) lol. I actually prefer the tan I get from these as opposed to the sun, as the sun can make you a little red, not because of sunburn (I never burn, am slightly olive complected) but simply prefer the golden glow this gives. The tan you get from the sun can dehydrate the skin, leaving is dull, red, blotchy, etc. This stuff is my HG. It dries in a flash, and I actually really love the smell !!! The new fake bake darker has a smell that I don't like quite as much as the original, but it's certainly not bad. It's fully dry within 10 minutes, maybe less. You can get dressed and continue about your business. The color guard in this actually isn't too crazy, as in if you had to run out of the house for some reason people wouldn't think you looked like a freak lol. The tan is best left on overnight and rinsed off in the morning. Not washed, but rinsed. Take a good shower before using this. Exfoliate and shave, use a light moisturizer all over the body, focusing on knees, feet, elbows, and if you have a dry face like me, then your face. It makes the skin look just gorgeous ... like J. Lo skin !!! lol definitely give this a try. For the price, this stuff can't be beat. I paid $25 bucks for mine in canada at a salon. Paid $60 for St. Tropez which is absolute garbage ... Get this, you won't be disappointed !!!

on 1/16/2015 5:28:00 PM

After bindi sands foam this is my second favorite self tanner. Very easy to apply and gives a nice brown color.

Pros:
Nice brown color
Easy to apply
Can get for $15 off amazing In Canada
Barely any self tanner smell

Cons:
Only bad thing about this is the mitt it comes with

Awesome product!

on 1/16/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my all time favourite self tanner! HOLY GRAIL.
It's very easy to apply, does not have a strong sent, dries quickly and does not stain any of my sheets or clothes. The bottle contains a good amount and lasts a very long while. (Although it is recommended to stop using the product after 10 months of being opened.)
I absolutely love this product and would definitely purchase it again.
I totally recommend to this product to anyone who needs a quick tan for a good price.

on 12/14/2014 6:58:00 PM

I use this every week and I have been for going on 2 yrs now . It fades evenly, last 5 days and has a beautiful tan color. I love it !!

on 11/7/2014 4:51:00 PM

The color is absolutely beautiful, yes pefect tan color....like you just stepped off a plane from Maui. However the bottle is not good, it tends to leak. Not to mention it will make you stink. I know a lot if not most self tanners do stink (hello ST.TRopeZ I love you but you make me stink), but this one specially it will give you that "stankyness", ever stepped into a strip club with your friends and got close to a stripper? It's a mix of self tanner + flowerbomb perfume (yes they all wear this ask them). I am still searching for my holygrail one :)

Top Rated Fake Bake Products