November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Polishes - Nicole - Rainbow in the S-Kylie

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very girly and cute

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

In the bottle, the color of this polish looks like a rainbow. On my hands, it just looks like rainbow glitter threw up on my hands. Also, it doesn't last very long. After a few days, it starts to peel off. I would not buy this polish again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS. Rainbow In The S-Kylie is the easiest multi color glitter nail polish I've used -- by that I mean that the glitter applies densely and evenly even though the clear base is not thick at all. Compared to the Essie Luxeffects glitters, Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor RITSK is so much easier to apply and dries much faster! I like wearing two coats of this over any color polish (looks good against just about any color) or four coats of it alone for a densely packed tasteful rainbow glitter nail. Would buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This nail polish has hexagon shaped glitter in various sizes & colors suspended in clear polish. The colors are silver, orange, blue, green, purple; very sparkly & shiny. The foil-like glitter & combination of colors remind me of Christmas for some reason. On the first coat hardly any glitter gets on the nail, but by the second & third coats more & more "stick". I don't know how many coats it would take for the nail not to show a little underneath the glitter since the base is clear, but at 3 coats I get pretty good coverage. After 3 days, I have not a single chip. Normally I hate wearing polish on my hands & only do my toes since the cuticle area & tips of my nails usually start to look bad after about a day with other polishes. Not with this one!! While it does not chip like other polishes, it's very tough to remove, though . Someone said on another review to try applying clear polish & then sweeping nail polish remover over the nail while it is still wet, so I tried that and it helps a little. I paid $7 for this at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I'm a huuuuge fan of glitter so when I saw this one, I snapped it up right away.

It takes about 3 coats for me to get it opaque which I find is the usual for glitter. When I'm impatient I usually scrape the glitter on the edge of my nail then use the brush to push it around.

I absolutely love this for layering, it makes any colour look interesting. When I first bought it, I wore it by itself and it didn't chip on me for a few days. Even afterwards, chipping was minimal.

I am DEFINITELY going to buy more once I finish this bottle. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lots of dupes (even within the same line) of this color but I really really like it, it's so fun looking and very eye catching. It wears amazingly, doesn't peel up in sheets like some glitter polishes do. I love it alone, as an accent nail or layered over other colors. Has the usual awesome OPI / Nicole formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(I bought this product specifically because everywhere I went the Rainbow Connection from the OPI Line was sold out. I believe I got this polish for 12$ at Shoppers Drug Mart.)

This is a polish from the Kardashian LE Line as someone stated earlier. It is more or less identical to the Rainbow Connection from the Muppets Collection that was earlier released. The usual packaging for any OPI/Nicole for OPI polishes, there isn't anything special.

Overall texture is common for a glitter polish like this, like I mentioned this is exactly the same as Rainbow Connection. The glitter is very flamboyant and fun. To have full opaque nail coverage, you do need about 3 coats. It looks alright on it's own, although if you choose to pursue this method, I would recommend using a toothpick to help move the glitter on the nails so that things are more even and symmetrical.

Be careful when applying coats Too many will lead too all the polish peeling off together in one go! (hate it when this happens, I find that it is more frequent with this specific polish - maybe because I like having full glitter nails?)

The polish is without a doubt unique, would recommend to wear to a ladies night out or something! Although it is pricey (as are all OPI / China Glaze Lines), it is a good buy for someone looking to add some personality to their nails.

Removing this nail polish, is a pain. No lie there - it just takes forever! That is the consequence of this polish but other than that overall it's nice to have.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lippylover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is rainbow connection by a different name. but the nicole range are cheaper than regular OPI, go figure?
Anyway I think this polish is totally amazing. I dont like to use it as a topcoat, i do 2 or 3 coats and just have my nails jam-packed with heaps of glitter lol. it looks incredible. everything in the kardashian range is LE (as is rainbow connection) so if you like it, do stock up!

Had to bring down my overall rating after wearing this twice- I found that is chips and peels very easily. If you dont use a base coat it will stay on better though- with a base coat it make the polish peel of the whole nail in one peice, but it can adhere to the nail a little better if there is nothing in between it. I still love the look enough to keep wearing it, but it doesn't last long. Sorry to anybody who read my review and went and purchased it without knowing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by chicveronique

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is the *exact same* as OPI's much coveted and sold out Rainbow Connection (from the Muppet Collection). I'm not a fan of the Kardashians, but hey, if OPI wanted to recycle one of their old colors... I'll buy it!
It is absolutely gorgeous on its own, no need to layer it. The glitter stays on and doesn't chip or peel. Not sure why the previous reviewer had problems...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by wnzdazchld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved the color in the bottle. Lots of small and large multicolored glitter specks and chips in a clear base. It reminded me of the OPI Muppet collection and so I snapped the color up for my toes not knowing it was a Kardashian color-ugh. As with most glitters, you have to either layer it heavily or put a darker base color under it. Tried both ways and got awesome color and glittery shine. For about a day. Then the polish started peeling off in full pieces. After painting a different toenail daily for about a week I gave up on this polish. Pity since it is so fun and pretty.