April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - SuperShock Eye Liner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Odette7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got the purple colour. I love the colour because it makes the green in my greenish-blue eyes really pop. Other reviews mention that the liner is not opaque enough, but to me that is a plus. I like the translucent quality of it and that I can achieve a subtle and elegant look with quite a strong colour. It looks scarily intense in the pot but can be applied subtly or dramatically, so it's quite versatile. A good brush makes all the difference in applying it. I used a flat eyeshadow/liner brush (also an Avon one) to apply it along the top lash line and it went on smoothly the first time, no problem. I was impressed at this because I am no expert at applying eyeliner and am useless with liquid liner. So I applied it along the bottom line as well and voila! Eyes done, no need for eyeshadow, just some mascara. And it lasts several hours too, although I haven't tried it in summer when a lot of my makeup sweats off. I think it's a very good product at a modest price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon claims their SuperShock eyeliners are a "glide on gel" that "lines your eyes with precision". Avon gives you a selection of six shades, I have Metallic Teal, whose name says it all. Each little pot contains .14oz (4g) of product and retails for $7. I paid $3.99 for mine when it was on special. This eyeliner is not safe for use on the waterline. Avon does not test on animals, except in their Chinese market. This gel liner was made in China. Avon products can be bought through your local sales rep, or through the brand's website.
Packaging for this gel liner is surprisingly cute! The product comes in a standard black Avon box that offers a description, directions, ingredients, and company info. The eyeliner it's self comes in a rounded glass jar topped with a black screw on cap. The cap features the product name, written in silver lettering. The jar has a lot of excess packaging at the bottom, which normally I wouldn't like, but in this case I think it's ok because the jar is still quite small. The cap twists on well, keeping the product safe from drying out. I've had this liner for a few months now and it hasn't dried out.
At first I hated this eyeliner, it was awful! It had a waxy texture and shamefully bad color payoff. I stuck it in my eyeshadow base drawer, considered returning it (Avon has a great return policy), but I eventually forgot about it. I pulled it back out last week and wiped away the top layer in case it was dried out. Now it's...kinda good. I've tried better gel liners for sure, but SuperShock is decent. The formula is a dense, hard, solid gel that needs to be swiped a few times with a brush to get picked up. I'd prefer the SuperShock gel liners to be a little creamier. Despite it's harder texture, Avon's SuperShock Gel Eyeliner applies nicely, it doesn't glide on effortlessly the way a gel liner should, but it doesn't tug either. This liner wears well, about 7 hours before it starts to far. SuperShock doesn't smudge, smear, or transfer. My only two annoyances with Avon's gel eyeliner is that it doesn't get along with my eyelash curler; for some reason some of this liner flakes off when I curl my lashes. My other problem? This eyeliner is kinda difficult to remove, and even after the actual product is off, it still stains my outer corners a little.
Metallic Teal is a deep, mostly green teal. In the pot it appears to have small flecks of teal shimmer, but they don't transfer noticeably onto the eye, at least not as an eyeliner. If you use Metallic Teal as a cream shadow you're more likely to see the shimmer, but it's still very subtle. Metallic Teal has good color payoff if you swipe your brush through the product two or three times. I like the color of this liner, it's surprisingly flattering. Because its a deeper shade of teal it doesn't shout "bright, colorful eyeliner!", its a great way to add a colorful accent to any look. I'm planning to wear this liner to work over the weekend with an otherwise neutral eye, which I think will be a great look for spring.
I like Avon's SuperShock Gel Eyeliner, but I don't love it. I think the formula could be improved upon. This liner wears decently and applies well enough, but it doesn't actually impress me in any way. The color is what saves this product from total mediocrity. I definitely would've returned it if I had chosen a more common color. I'll use this liner from time to time, but I wouldn't repurchase it. There are definitely better gel eyeliners out there, even for a similar price point. I only recommend Avon's SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Metallic Teal if you love the color and don't mind putting a little more effort into your eyeliner application.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in metallic teal and though it looked pretty in the little glass jar - it went on horribly. It was too waxy and skipped all along the line when I applied it with a push liner brush. Not only was it waxy it seemed "greasy" as well plus the color went on totally different from what it appeared to be in the jar and was not metallic at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Ezzie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in the plum and teal colour ..both crap. nothing like the colour in brochure. went on horribly, way too sheer. Unlike the maybelline gel eyeliner which is nice and thick and pigmented.. this was just awful,even trying to layer it the colour would just not show and was really hard to use.
waste of money and sent back straight away,

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by alphame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The liner goes on smoothly, and the brush that comes with it is fine. The colors are bright and glittery, almost exactly like they are shown in the ads, but do not stay. Even with my Shadow Insurance, the gel liner doesn't stay put for more than a couple hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this a while back in the teal color. I am not impressed at all. I had to layer it several times to even show up on my eyelids. Even then it did not look opaque enough. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

I have ordered this in the teal color and the silvery black one. I intend to order it in the coppery gold color (the review below made it so appealing!). The silvery black one just came in today and I will be expecting the teal one in a week.
The black one is a shimmery black that glides on rather smoothly and looks quite pretty. I can apply it on light or build up to a more intense color. After it dries, it's 90% smudge proof. The glitters in it may spread if you smudge it after it dries but it's not too noticeable and I really don't mind. It's alot better than the previous Black Pearl gel eyeliner that AVON came up with a few years ago. THAT one was an epic fail and it was chunky and hard to apply smoothly. I prefer the Mark eyeliner duo in Entourage but this is a quite nice and affordable alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know Avon will discontinue this product the moment I finish this review! But I really like this product. It comes in a gel pot liner similar to MAC Paint Pots. However, even though this is an eyeliner, I bought the Copper color to use it as an all over lid color. Copper looks like Rubensque or MAC Amber Lights. I love this color, its a burnished gold. This took 2 swipes to build color on the lids but it looks really sultry. It wears all day very similar to paint pots. Im so glad this is $6.99 because I was about to spend money on MAC or MUFE cream eyeshadows.