October 24, 2014 | 1655 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner - Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Better than UD. Goes on smooth and true to color, and lasts all day! Doesn't smudge or fade. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is very long-wearing, although I do need to reapply a little on the top lid to make sure that everything is smooth. The color is very nice, but has a bit of a reddish tinge to it so beware of this. This has to be the easiest application ever, and with the smudge part it is impossible to do this wrong. I have a bunch of these in different colors because they are useful and practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love! I was curious about the product, and all the good reviews prompted me to get it! No regrets! It's a stunning dark copper with a nice metallic finish unless blended. I love the thick pencil, and the sturdy foam smudger on the end! I use this as a liner on my lower lid when I do a smokey brown eye and it stays in place all day long. I also have used it as a shadow and it blended like a dream (I will post a picture). I will repurchase but I seriously doubt ill have too until it expires. You need so little I can't see using it up even! Which makes me feel like it was money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Awesome, awesome product! This is classified here as an eyeliner, but I'd more go for "shadow pencil" as the classification. SmolderEyes is a very blendable shadow pencil- I own one in Bronze. It is a gorgeous brown, more of a copper brown, and is very metallic. It comes in a thick package, and the pencil itself is quite thick. I love using it as top-lid eyeshadow for darker looks. However, if used carefully, it can be used on the bottom lid. I absolutely love the blendability of it!! It comes with one of those little foam tips and blends like a dream! It loses it metallic shine though, but it still looks gorgeous. SmolderEyes is a bit pricey, somewhere around $20, but totally worth it! The colors are gorgeous and the quality is amazing, Definetely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This liner does not compete with any MAC or Bobbie Brown or even most DS liners. In fact I would go so far as to say that it might be best be used as an eyeshadow? I like many Tarte products ( lips, cheeks, some shadows) but have been disappointed in these liners.

The application of these liners is sketchy - they do not apply with precision and seem a little less dense / too wet for my liking. They don't seem to set in the same way a good liner sets - taking longer than I would like to work for me.

Honestly I use the two I own occasionally as shadows but not very often and feel as though I should have returned them considering their price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful bronze color! kind of difficult to get product onto brush...but stays on your eye forever! good product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by spartapantiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a set, its very creamy, smooth, and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product. Intense color and long-wearing. I can put this on @ 7:00 am and it doesn't budge until I take it off, and sometimes that can be @ 10:00pm. This is a fat pencil that glides on creamy and smooth and has a very nice smudger at the other end to blur the line so it doesn't look too harsh. I bought the Bronze shade and it's a lovely intense brown with a bit of shimmer in it, but nothing that can't be worn during the day, in fact, on the pencil it actually says "Dayliner". I will say that this is almost "too" good in it's wearability, I have to swipe my cotton pad right on my lash line to get this completely off. But, that being said the good outweighs any negatives with this. My only complaint is that they don't include a sharpener with this. If L'Oreal can include a sharpener with a $7 eyeliner pencil, you think Tarte could with a $25 pencil.

This is the information from Sephora on the product:

SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner
What it is:
A versatile waterproof liner powered by Amazonian clay that can create crisp, soft, or smoldering eyes.

What it does:
This waterproof liner creates smoldering, sexy eyes that won't budge, letting you go from simple to sultry in an instant. Create a crisp liner look by gliding along the upper and lower lash line or use the built-in smudger to soften. For a sultry, smoky eye, use the liner as a shadow by applying a thicker line along upper lashes and blending toward the crease. No matter how you wear this versatile liner, Amazonian clay works to nourish lids, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture for easy application and better wear. Once you apply, this liner will lock down to a completely waterproof finish for guaranteed longer wear. The rich, pure pigments are boosted by Amazonian clay for truer, bolder color with each application.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Skinvigorating™ benefits come from: Amazonian clay, a nutrient-rich, multitasking and total-skin-balancing clay that reduces dryness and flakiness, improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear; Vitamin E, a natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage; and mineral pigments known to soothe and soften the skin.
Size: 0.056 oz