October 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Polishes - Julep - Nail Polishes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by autobotofurdrms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this subscription is 24.99 a month, which is WAY expensive for what you get. I did the free box for October hoping for Halloween styles...yea i got black and purple and some weird clear coat with white flakes and black eye liner. For 2.99 yes it was worth it. But 24.99 NOPE!

So I swatched the colors and painted my nails. The purple only needed one coat, which is nice and it dried pretty fast, but again i just needed one coat. I did the black on my ring finger and it did a nice coat, has a nice sheen to it, and then I did the clear coat and white flake one on my thumb nail.

I didnt like the clear coat because it was very chunky. The purple has a nice color but its not for me, and the black was nice and has a nice sheen, Again the colors were a bit dark, and the clear was weird.

The eye liner i didnt try because i just opened a new one today. But it looks nice. Not something i would spend a lot of money on it looked like a cheap pencil.

Overall...NO i would not spend 24.99 a month on this. for 2.99 it was ok. But still not what i am looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MySweetShadow

What a joke! I signed up for the introductory offer where you only pay shipping, and 2 weeks and 3 days later I have nothing! They claim to provide tracking information, yeah, NO, they don't. I called to cancel my account and was given some BS excuse about how my zip code was incorrect so the package was forwarded back to them. I said "excuse me? I'm looking at my online account right now and my address is correct." and the reply I got was "well what we have is....blah blah blah." Yeah? Well, they had my correct address! And that tracking number? The one I had to call over 2 weeks later to get? It showed up as not even existing in the USPS data base. The nail polish colors look amazing but I nothing seems worth this much BS. No wonder you only have less than 3 stars. I'll stick with Essie.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I have three polishes: a rich magenta called Janel, a metallic gunmetal grey called Stevie, and a deep purple called Padma. Also in my "Welcome Box" was Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, a click-pen type brush applicator that dispenses a serum through a brush tip. I signed up after CONTINUOUSLY seeing a link/ad on my Facebook newsfeed, with a "promo" code for a free welcome box, just pay shipping yadda yadda yadda. I signed up, not realizing this company sells primarily nail color (I usually never ever paint my nails. I get them done in a nail salon, french manicure or glitter French manicure.) But I figured for $2.99 what the heck, thinking it was a makeup box. I was surprised when I received three tiny, squarish bottles of nail lacquer and this pen of cuticle serum. My first thought was, "People actually subscribe and PAY $24.99 + s&h for this stuff?" It was an outrageous thought. I mean it arrived packaged attractively in a purple box, packed with some paper grass for cushion, and a 50% coupon with tons of fine print. But the idea of paying the asking price of close to $30 for this crap made me shrivel and die a little on the inside. The colors are gorgeous in the bottle, yes. On your nails, they require many coats, and don't dry very opaquely. Also...they chip preposterously quick. I am calling Julep to cancel today. No way they will rip me off and charge $30 to my debit card for this crap. I wouldn't even pay the $3 again, much less $12 a bottle, their MSRP. Wow. Total HUGE HUGE rip-off, even for a polish/nail junkie, this is 110% gimmicky bull crap. Be warned.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ihavethewine

Three strikes.... 1) The nail polish smells toxic and doesn't go away for hours/days
2) The price is way too much and the customer service at Julep is atrocious
3) As everyone else said - this crap takes forever to dry!

Bottom line - don't waste your $$!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LizB88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only thing worse than the products is the customer service! They're horrible! Don't waste your money (they're going to charge you for more than you want) or your time!
Only gave them a 1 because I couldn't give them a 0.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by jgalazios

I don't know how to rate this nail polish -
the colors are beautiful, and I usually hate colored nail polish (always go natural or French), but I find myself experiementing with theirs.

When the nail polish is finally dry, it's amazing. My nails break constantly usually. When I have Julep nail polish on, they never break or chip and grow long (finally) I have always wanted long, natural nails.

BUT the polish takes a century to dry. Huge down fall for an almost perfect nail polish. I learned the hard way when I first used it that it doesn't dry fast after I waited about 15 min, then went about my normal business and got polish everywhere. I have timed it up slowly from there and even with sitting, watching a movie, and not doing ANYTHING with my hands, over 3 hours later (no joke) the polish is still soft and smudges off. It takes around a full day for it to get totally hard and by the time it does, I already have areas that are screwed up. Right now, I am trying to give myself a French Manicure at my desk and it's been over 30 minutes and the whites of my nails aren't even dry, so I can't put on a top coat yet. That's how slow it is. I am only putting 1-2 coats. The nail polish is so thick, you don't need more than that.I even ordered the Quick Dry Drops and no cigar, still hours of soft nail polish that gets smudged in a heartbeat, then dries like that, if you happen to be nowhere near your nail polish remover to start again.

The nail polish itself is pretty thick and weird - it goes on beautifully on some nails, and others, clumpy or has streaks. When you try to fix areas, it'll smudge and get worse, so you have to remove it all and start from scratch.

So I still use it because the benefit is having long, non-breaking nails, but the time and energy to get it on is really not that great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst nail polish that I have ever used. I got three colors: Bette, Laree & Princess Grace.The packaging is so adorable and the colors are very pretty in the bottle. Unfortunately, those are all the good things I can say about them.

The formula is terrible. It is thin and streaky and all the colors required at least 3 coats to look somewhat decent. I applied 5 coats to try to get it to look opaque but that never happened. This polish also NEVER dries! I even used Revlon's Liquid Quick Dry, which works beautifully with all other nail polishes, to help it speed along but even with the help, Julep polishes just never dried. I cannot believe they market this stuff as quick drying.

Don't waste your money. I have polishes that cost a dollar that is much better than this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sagesj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging and colors are very cute, but this is probably the worst nail polish I have ever used. As another reviewer mentioned, the nail polish clumps and it's nearly impossible to apply evenly. I had to apply, use nail polish remover, and reapply on several nails. I would not recommend this product, nor would I ever buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by pandamaru

Cute colors, impossibly long drying time. You basically have to not move for 3 hours if you give yourself 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by summerinx

I have only bought these when they were on sale, and I'm glad I did so. Julep has beautiful colors but the quality of the polish is very questionable.
The formula comes out thick and difficult to spread smoothly, afterwards it takes many hours to fully dry. I am currently typing this with still-soft Julep polish on my nails, and it has been 2 hours. Too frustrating.

I personally don't mind the smell, this is how most nail polishes smell to me, and it's much less harsh than the smell of remover.

Also, $14 full price for that tiny bottle? No way, buy it on sale if you really really want a certain color guys.