July 26, 2014 | 1199 users online

Polishes - Julep - Nail Polishes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by xenobabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst polish I've used in terms of drying time. You literally have to wait either a hour, or put a great top coat on and wait a min of 30 min for it to dry. Other than that, the colours are gorgeous, my favorite is Joanna (great on NC40 skin) and the bottle is beautifully modern. Goes for $14 at Sephora, but got mine at Marshalls for $5.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by elletap

Unlike many my experience with Julep was okay. I got my first maven box after seeing a FB post. Yes it was free, I only paid $2.99 for shipping and It took 5 days to arrive. I must say the packaging is beautiful! Comes in a nice pink box, items are nicely arranged. I got 3 polishes,a base coat and an eyeliner with its sharpener. I even love the bottles the polish comes in. BUT....my first impression of the polishes was smell really, really bad. Strong chemical odor. And the polishes themselves arentthat great. I did like the base coat and havent tried the liner yet. I cacancelled my subscription cuz I honestly dont think its worth th $25. And I would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by briella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the color choices, but this product sucks. It it thick, making it streaky and impossible to apply evenly. I did two coats on one hand, didn't bother with the other hand, and then removed it all. Awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lilblondiy03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently started getting the Julep Maven box and I am so unhappy with the customer service. It took me two weeks to even get ahold of someone, even after leaving 4 voicemails telling them they need to call me in order to cancel my last box. They said that since it was a Maven Box I was unable to return my order.
Today I spoke with a customer service rep and told him that I wanted my money back. So, long story short after being on hold for 20 minutes I will be able to ship my body butter that makes me sneeze, and two ugly color nail polishes back. I also canceled my account (finally) and will be getting reimbursed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been a Julep Maven since February. My experiences have been good. I had questions about an order and they were answered promptly (and politely). The colors are pretty and (most) of them are decent formulas. I really like the base and top coats. They're shiny and last a decent amount of time (average about 5 days). I have come across a few colors that have been a bit gloopy, but they're usually old formulas that are on super discount ($3 or so). I agree that they're not worth the $14 retail price. Especially since the amount you get is .27mL versus a normal nail polish which is .50mL. It makes me feel like I'm mostly paying for packaging. I'd feel better if they were $9 or contained .39mL. I don't ever go through a whole bottle of nail polish, but it's still seems unfairly priced. Overall, they're nice people and their polishes are decent, but I feel that the novelty is wearing off and I'll use my $20 elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

Stay away from this company!!!... Like others have said, they scam you when you cancel!
I decided to try Julep out through a referral code because the polishes looked so pretty. The box came beautifully packaged I must say, and I do enjoy their nail polish packaging as well however, only one of my 3 polishes was actually pigmented and didn't chip. I decided it wasn't worth the $26 CND per month and decided to cancel. Well, let me tell you that getting ahold of someone to cancel is next to Impossible! It took me about 10 times of calling to actually get a csr and not a voicemail (btw, they don't return their messages on the cancellation line) . So I cancelled, was reassured that I would not be charged again, even got an email stating my account was cancelled. Fast forward 10 days later and I'm charged again!!... So it took me 6 days of calling to actually speak to someone about this, the csr has told me that she's issuing a refund and that I will not be charged again but I'm finding that hard to trust.
I'll update within two weeks as to whether or not I received my refund and was not charged again.
Wish I would've read the reviews on them before signing up because this seems to be a common problem with them. Very shady company!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never bought this. My cousin gave me a bottle as a gift. I think the colour was Robin's Egg Blue. Very pretty colour. I think the polish itself is durable and last fairly well. The brush applicator is comfortable to use. One coat can be enough however two coats really make polish harden well and last longer.

Pros:
- doesn't chip
- bright colour
- comfortable bottle (will not break if you drop from 3 feet)

Cons:
- the SMELL (very toxic, PLEASE wear a mask each time you apply this
- if you apply 2 coats, expect to wait hours for it to dry. It would be best to apply this 2 hours before bedtime (unless you are taking a shower) and let the polish dry up overnight. It won't smudge on your pillow unless it is still visibly moist on your finger nail.
- once the bottle is half empty, the polish formula dries up inside. Even if you screw the lid back on tightly. So if you have this brand, expect to use it up, don't store it and expect to have the same results 1 year later. Doesn't work that way. I ended up throwing the bottle because it's not worth my time.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by heather94

I have been trying for over two weeks to get a hold of a REAL person. I keep getting automated emails back, and when I call i get a pre recorded message saying to leave my name and number and they will get back with me. But when you go to leave a voicemail it doesn't let you! Thank god I had to get a new debit card so they can no longer charger my account because the only way to stop getting billed is to CALL. And you can't get a hold of them! This is just a big scam. They know by not answering the phone they will at LEAST get another $22 out of your pocket. So when they don't answer your calls or emails, I know it is a hassle but it will save you money to just get a new debit card honestly. Really upset about this company.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sgntpepper03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

KEEP AWAY FROM JULEP. HORRIBLE COMPANY. I JUST GOT SCAMMED OUT OF 50 DOLLARS THAT THEY WON'T REFUND. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DONT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MusingCrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was curious about Julep nail polish and managed to purchase six colors at various outlets.

SO - here are my GOOD and BAD thoughts:

I seem to gravitate towards Julep's BohoGlam colors. I love their color line and I love their packaging. I also really like the formulas which seem to offer excellent coverage with two coats - not too thick and not too thin.

What I don't like is the smell of this stuff. DH, who has NEVER, mentioned the scent of nail polishes, said "what is that smell?!". I got a wee bit light headed when I was using it. The scent is stronger than the other brands that I use. I am also a bit put off by their heavy marketing and number of emails. It does not really surprise me that some reviewers have noted that they cannot contact customer service.

I chose not to fall into the subscription - though I admit to being tempted.

I most likely will not buy more Julep due to the scent, but I do love their colors, and if the scent and marketing don't bother you, I think that Julep offers a lot of great colors, smaller bottles (as compared to more "main-stream brands) also equal very reasonable cost.