September 20, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lip Gloss - Ben Nye - Lip Gloss Wheel

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I heard about how this lip gloss wheel is a make up artist staple, and I love Ben Nye's eyeshadows and lipsticks so I was eager to try this. I got lost looking for the theater supply store that had it and when I finally found the place it was minutes till closing. It was only $15 and has 5 colors: Natural (the clear one in the middle), Nude, Bubblegum, Cherry Baby, Apricot Glaze, and Gold Glaze.

Well the first thing that put me off was the smell. On various websites its described as a "fruity fragrance" I don't know what kind of fruit they are talking about, to me it smells like sweet plastic chemicals. Even worse, when I put on my lips I could taste it and the taste would make me gag. It was tolerable as long is kept it just to the outside of my mouth but thats just too difficult and it means I can't eat with it on.

The texture on the colored glosses is more of a shimmery, sheer lipstick rather than a lip gloss, except for the cherry which was more of a stain. None of them, not even the natural, had the high gloss finish I think of when I think of a lip gloss (such as MAC Lip Glass or NYX Megashine). However, I see how this could be useful to an artist because this combination of colors could make a great deal of lip looks either alone or with lipsticks or lip liners. The colors are very pretty on, especially the Nude and the Apricot glaze. I would probably love it if it went for the smell/taste.