December 22, 2014 | 1604 users online

Liquid - Tom Ford - Traceless Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got so LUCKY with this. It was a gift from my skin twin. I have aging/sensitive/acne prone skin and so far, this has given me no issues. It truly is "traceless" meaning it sort of melds right into the skin and was the exact shade as my complexion. This is really rare because NC40/42's are the "forgotten" skin tone and not all cosmetic companies get it. We are golden beige and may have some red undertones, but mostly yellow undertones. I would have never purchased this on my own so I thrilled to have such a luxurious foundation that is also being touted as "skincare". I don't know or understand these claims and I don't really care - all I know if it looks great, makes me feel great and best of all it was a gift. Yippee!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by PomJamMa

I was on the look out for a new liquid foundation and on a whim went to the Tom Ford beauty counter in Selfridges. The consultant fed me a lot of sales patter about the Tom Ford philosophy - which doesn't actually make any difference to me unless the product works! Anyway, the foundation feels nice and light on the skin but as other reviewers have noted, it only covers minor blemishes. For a £65 bottle of foundation I would expect more. It has a nice dewy finish but I find it doesn't absorb very well on my oily t-zone combination skin, it slides about if you touch it. I went away with a sample bottle which I got maybe four uses out and it was nice to try but I wouldn't purchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So i tried the foundation stick and i didnt like it for my oily skin so i decided to swap it for this! This was even worse :( the finish is beautiful and coverage is low so dont expect it to cover everything.. Just minor redness. It was very dewy and whilst i did set with a powder it just didn't last on my oily skin and just went shiny after an hour. Even the formula for me is not great for the price is paid, yes this would be great for very dry to normal skins but there are other foundations put there for a fraction of the price that are even better.. I really do believe that you are just paying for the brand with this foundation. i expected ALOT MORE my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and Dior Airflash are so much better and so much cheaper! Have taken this back to Selfridges for a refund!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Gigibri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just perfect. One layer, several layers, depending on needed coverage. I got 'linen' and it invisibly perfects and evens out my skin. It goes on smoothly, neither too dry nor to wet. I can use it in every climate (before I had Chanel vitalumière aqua for summer and often had to mi two shades plus used way more product not only coz it's so liquid/wet.). The concealers, liquid or creamy blushers, whatever I use on top goes on smoothly without much blending needed, just as if it melts together and into my skin. Only at times I use a powder though I never noticed it would need some 'setting'. Actually it never looks or feels as if I'm wearing anything. I can't imagine myself without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a "my skin but better" foundation, it gives light coverage and feels lightweight and moisturizing. I only use this one when my skin's in a quite good condition, it makes my skin look well-rested and glowing, but if I have breakouts or redness on my cheeks, I'll turn to foundations with higher coverage or pair it with full coverage concealer. The best way to apply this foundation, in my opinion, is using your finger to pat it into your skin, since it's so sheer it gives a totally natural finish and won't sit in my pores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This fdn. has no coverage at all, more like a tinted moisturizer that leave the skin with a sheen, to me, this sheen resembles an oily sheen, not glitter, not glow, but a sheen. Not at all to my taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by chweedles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really didn't like this product. Seemed to settle in my lines making me appear older, I actually looked better before applying it - which really isn't good!!! I received a sample but definitely wouldn't buy. For now, I will continue to wear my armani shaping cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can you believe it.... Needless Markup is the only place that sells this in the D.C. area, and they were OUT OF STOCK of my color (Fawn). That floored me. But my impression of the foundation is that it is very thick and gloppy.I have a sample I have been using... its a very dense and oily makeup. In my opinion, the coverage is more full than light, It covers everything. Looks beautiful, but I really don['t want anything this gloppy.and thick. Looks v3ery dewy, which can segue into oily. Color (fawn) very yellow, and I am more of a balance between yellow and pink. A good expensive makeup to put into my rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ninachen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation, i'm tempted to get rid of all my other almost perfect ones (nars tinted moisturizer, estee lauder invisible, nars sheer glow, armani lsf, ysl teint resist, boscia bb). tom ford traceless feels weightless, i agree with the reviewer below, somehow makes my skin look younger--softer, glowier, plush. lasts all day and i need less than one full pump for the entire face. nars tinted moisturizer is very good but this has a better finish and for me is a better color match. i like the consistency of the tom ford better than armani luminous silk (more water, less silicone?). also, the bottle is attractive and well designed.(i use bisque--nc30, armani lsf 5)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After many attempts, I finally succeeded at getting a tester of this product, and am loving it.

As other reviewers have described, this product has a lovely glowing finish, and leaves my dry, sometimes flat looking skin, radiant, dewy and hydrated. I have compared it side by side to a few of my current foundations, and it seems to win in the radiance stakes, hands down. Praline seems to match my MAC C6 / NC44'ish (which is a tad orange), very yellow toned, medium/dark asian skin perfectly, and doesn't change colour throughout the day. I would describe this as having a light to medium coverage while giving me that no-makeup look. I found it very easy to blend in and I have experimented adding layers to increase coverage, and ended up using quite a fair bit (no pump on my tester, so cant quantify how much) to get a full looking coverage, and the product still looked natural with no caking.

If you have dryish skin, with yellow tones, and like the hydrated, dewy look, this foundation could really work for you.

At a ridiculous �60, approximately twice the price of other reputed brands, this is not going to be my day-to-day foundation. I wanted to rate this a 4 - just because of the price, but couldn't bring myself to... The price is silly, and I have a huge dislike of paying for a name, however it seems I may have to reluctantly succumb to the fact that this is the price I have to pay for such a beautiful foundation.