October 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Body Scrubs - Premium Spa (with Organics Australia) - Lemon Butter Salt Body Scrub

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is mainly for Aussies on this site. This was bought from Big W for $15, also seen in Priceline.

Ingredients: Organic Australian Olive Oil, West Australia Sea Salt, Australian Queensland Cane Sugar, Isopropyl Myristate, Soy Bean Oil, Beeswax, Oat Protein Extract, Wheatgerm Oil, Lavender Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Orange Oil, Ginger Oil, Cinnamon Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Basil Oil, Rosemary Oil, Geranium Oil, Lime Oil, Peppermint Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Carrot Oil, BHA

I've been searching for more natural products, and this pretty much hit the spot with regards to that. 4 lippies as I'd like to use it a bit more before I make a final decision, but so far this is great. It is a body scrub with somewhat large grains, so I would reccommend for body use only (nowhere near your face!).

The fragrance is sharp but pleasant, likely due to the peppermint, lime and ginger. For this reason I feel that it could be relatively unisex, the tub isn't overly girly. The scent lasts whilst in the shower and lingers lightly for a short while after.

I'd reccommend people with dry skin only try this, as the oils leave a sheen on your skin. This is not sticky or even overly noticable, it just makes your skin feel very soft and supple. But if you have oily skin the extra shine may be a turn off.

The only con I have found is with the packaging. As it comes in a tub (100g and 500g), if you were to use this in the shower then water would likely get in and destroy the scrub's longevity. I simply used a spoon and a small plastic cup, and spooned the scrub into that from the tub and took that into the bathroom with me. I think this will make up for the bad packaging, and you really only need around 2 teaspoons for your whole body.

This will likely last a while, and with the price that makes it quite cheap. However I would not leave this on the shelf forever because the oils would deteriorate over time.

_____________________________________________
UPDATE: 17/4/12

-1 lippie for oily reside getting irritating, and the coarseness of the grains. Also would probably not repurchase unless desperate