September 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Gentle Nourishing Day Cream SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by itzloveli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a natural/organic day moisturizer with SPF for quite some time now, one that doesn't put a hole on my pocket as most natural moisturizer products with sunscreen such as Kimberly Sayer cost a bit too much especially with shipping here in Canada. Most natural cosmetic and skincare line do not offer SPF on their daily moisturizer so I had a hard time finding a really good one that won't break me out since I do have dry-combo sensitive skin, plus I can't got out the house without putting a sunscreen on my face but I want to minimize my products and find one that acts as a moisturizer and sunscreen all in one. I also wanted to get a product that was easily accessible since most natural products that got good reviews are sold online.

So here I was shopping at Superstore (a local grocery here in Canada) and I was at the natural and organic section and I found desert essence line. I've heard a lot of good things about the company although I was hesitant to buy since all their products aren't completely organic and there's a lot of listed ingredients that I can't even pronounce. I look for the best most simplified ingredients on all my organic and natural skincare products as well as makeup so I find products with ingredients that I can read and understand so that I know it's not just the harsh chemicals but ingredients that are natural derived hence the organic slash natural search right?!

And... So my organic search started with a simple organic skincare line from Skin Essence (I love this Canadian company, but it's expensive for the amount that you get) as my nightly routine and my day routine involving just this day cream with SPF. Although it has a lot ingredients I'm going to stick with it because it's the only thing that works on my skin. It's moisturizing and not sticky. It doesn't leave me oily at the end of the day. It didn't break me out. It cost about $19.99 CAD (still pricey) and it's tiny and I can travel with it. It has a little natural scent as to all natural products, but it doesn't bother me. It's thick so it's a little hard to spread. I wish it would be at least SPF30 but SPF15 will do I guess. I would repurchase it until I find a really good one that has less and more organic ingredients. I do suggest desert essence though I love their jojoba oil as well but this day moisturizer is not bad at all! Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very moisturizing but not greasy on me. Goes on a bit thick but quickly smooths out thinner from my fingers rubbing it on. Doesn't bother my rosacea/sensitive skin at all like almost all other spf's do! Smell is fine. Reasonable price. Natural ingredients. No cones to clog my pores. For dry/sensitive skin.

CONS: It's only spf 15.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).