By Terry Sheer Expert

4.4

AQUA/ WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRISODIUM CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOTETRASILOXANE, BORON NITRIDE, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, SILICA, PALMITIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, PROLINAMIDOETHYL IMIDAZOLE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BORON OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, +/- [CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES].

on 8/13/2015 8:37:00 PM

This is fluid, lightweight foundation provides a beautiful finish - it made my skin look smoother and more healthy (but without shimmer or an oily "dewy" look). It provides light coverage, closer to a tinted moisturizer in my opinion, but can be built up to be almost medium coverage. The scent, however, is so strong, as the other reviewers noted, that I could not put this on my face on a daily basis. I'm glad I tried a sample because I would not want to purchase this.

on 12/11/2014 2:58:00 PM

I adore by Terry brand and I wanted to have a foundation from it. I have chosen Sheer-Expert one over Cover-Expert because Sheer-Expert was more dewy I found so I have bought #2 Neutral Beige. First of all that smell... I mean after paying that much of money you would like to have something smelling at least normal, but NO! I hate its smell. Secondly, even if feels like dewy feeling during application it is getting powdery after a while but I must say it gives a nice velvety finish. I have realized that my ex HG foundation YSL touche eclat foundation is coming out whenever I am touching to my face. With this one it didnt happen obviously so I am quite satisfied.
Pros:
- Dewy & velvety texture
- Feels like a skin
- Decent coverage
- Photographs beautifully
- Color range is ok (at least I found my color easily)

Cons:
- That horrible smell
-F*cking expensive
-Getting a bit powdery/velvety-so I am not sure if dry skins would like it
- It has a cheap, annoying package. Always droping to its lid

I think I would like to try other high end foundations after finishing. If I cannot find better one or at least similar, than I would like to go back...

on 9/15/2014 5:50:00 PM

Lovely sheer coverage and light moisture. I purchased this in #5 peach beige which is a great match for my skin. Unfortunately, I can't get past the strong smell that By Terry uses in all their products and will have to return it.

on 3/15/2014 10:06:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation so much. One good thing is that the colour match is great, which can be difficult to find for my very pale, pinkish toned skin. However, I feel like it doesn't spread on my skin very easily, and can look very patchy pretty easily. I also feel like it just sits on top of it, and turns sort of dry and powdery rather quickly, so my skin feels tight and uncomfortable. The Cover Expert might be better, maybe looks less patchy due to more coverage, but they are expensive so I'm not willing to experiment and find out!

on 10/19/2013 10:22:00 AM

Wow - this was a nice surprise! The sample I had was lying around for a few weeks, because I thought it would anyway be too sheer for me and my ruddy skin. But hey, I have to say - it evens out my uneven, reddish skin perfectly fine, and it looked very natural. I also liked the consistency - a bit gel-like, very moisturizing and luxurious on the skin. It might feel a bit too moisturizing in summer, but it would be a great pampering foundation for all other seasons. Shade no. 8 was the perfect match for me too, so I already miss it a bit, now that my sample is used up. That doesn´t happen too often! Now I would be really curious to try other products (and of course the Cover Expert foundation) by this brand, and I´m thinking about purchasing.

on 9/2/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation - this is becoming the foundation that I reach out more for and that's because of the amazing result you see throughout the day. It looked like my skin but better, meaning it look very natural without a full makeup look. Lasted pretty well throughout the day, it gives you a natural glow (not the oily kinda glow) and I usually just need to blot once after 5 hours or so and it can last me until I get home from work. Coverage is buildable (yes it still look very natural even after you build it), and it has a wonderful scent. There's a minor down side to it which makes me take 1 lippie of price & packaging.This is quite pricey to me and I got it when there was a promo. I probably won't repurchase it at full price but that doesn't mean I don't love it (I'm already looking out for deals), I just got plenty of base product to use. And be careful about the packaging - the lid was designed poorly so it doesn't stop the foundation from coming out. If I put the lid at the bottom, the next time I open the tube I'll find a good amount of product leaked into the lid. I hope they would fix this problem with the newer batches.

on 8/25/2013 10:56:00 PM

This is AMAZING. Holy Grail, and I only have one foundation!
Truth be told, this is my first and probably only foundation. I did too much research and have never worn any foundation but this one. I dislike the feeling of "stuff" on my skin, but this just feels and looks like MY SKIN! It's that simple!

Looks great, lasts all day, hides imperfections without looking like a mask. Wonderful. Slight rose scent for about 30 minutes, but that fades away. Generally perfect.

Worth the price. Buy it, and be amazed.

Am working up the courage to try a "REAL" foundation in By Terry's Cover Expert. I am NC 20-35 I think and am wearing a shade #8. Perfect match.

on 4/1/2013 8:11:00 AM

This foundation is absolutely beautiful, there's no doubt about it. Minimal coverage but a beautiful sheer glowy finish that really is my skin but better. I tend to think that it's worth paying a little extra for a really great skin product and makeup base, as if your skin looks great that's half the battle won. However, this foundation lasted me two months, at most. I used it sparingly, sometimes with my fingers and sometimes with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I really don't wear a lot of foundation at all, so I was shocked at how quickly it ran out. At £44,00 I think it's completely unacceptable. Compare it to my MAC Face and Body, which I've never managed to finish a bottle of and which is almost half the price, or really any cheaper high street foundations which last months longer, and it persuades me that as much as this might be my HG foundation, I refuse to pay that much for two months worth of use.

on 3/13/2013 10:15:00 AM

Everyone should buy this. Yes, seriously. Everyone. This is the most beautiful foundation I have ever worn. In fact, it is the foundation that I dreamed existed somewhere out in the universe, but until I found this one, never did. I have ruddy, super-pale, sensitive and dry skin. I also have very large pores on my cheeks. Because of this combo, I can never find foundation that doesn't cake up on me, look too matte, or just sit on top of my skin like, well, makeup. The closest things I have ever found to this kind of finish are BB creams or tinted moisturizers. But, those can be greasy or emphasize the imperfections they aim to blur. This stuff is magical. It has a lot of slip between your fingers, kind of like the Armani Maestro foundation. But, it spreads beautifully and leaves you with this GLOW. You can see my real skin through this, but an evened-out, dewy version of my skin. This stuff is really expensive, but I will buy it until they stop making it. This, plus a little Touche Elcat and Nars Orgasm Blush, and I look like I just woke up, no matter what time of day it is. Recommend!

I want to love this product but when I put it on it separates and dries unevenly so it looks odd-it leaves a pwderly residue in some spots and a glowy finish (which i want) on others-it just looks like I have been unevenly sprayed.What am I doing wrong? i put it on with a By terry blush over lightly moisterised skin.