October 25, 2014 | 1677 users online

Crème - The Body Shop - Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlynenglot

I love the packaging on this product, and I got lucky and managed to get it on sale for $10. Aside from that this product isn't the best, but it also isn't the worst. It's very oily, and gross feeling even on my dry skin. It's staying power is very pathetic and primer does not help it at all. Overall it was not was I was expecting and if this wasn't on sale for $10 I would've been very very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

Bought this on a whim because it was on sale uber cheap. I have light-medium combo skin with yellow undertones. I bought this in 302 golden beige as well as 408 rose caramel with the intention of possibly using it for contouring or something. Bad idea!!! This product is extremely oily, and that is coming from someone who can have fairly dry skin sometimes. Coverage is almost nonexistent, the only thing this really did was give me slight a wash of colour. Horrendous staying power... If you have anything near oily skin STAY AWAY! No amount of powder will set this, honestly this product is useless as far as a foundation goes. Also I find the creme compact style unsanitary and difficult to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ploosh 2-3 reviews under mine said it all but here's my review:

I think this is the WORST PRODUCT I have ever tried. I tried to apply this 4 times. Once with my fingers: streaky, greasy mess, too much coverage on some place and other places with no coverage at all. Another time with the brush they gives with: Streaky ugly mess again. I then tried with a sponge and it was even uglier, a big greasy mask and my pores were looking huge! Then... I tried with a foundation brush... Another mess. The better application was with a sponge and even with a good technique it was horrible. I really had the impression to apply a big spoon of butter to my face.

I tried with a primer, nothing good. Without, nothing good. It's seriously horrible :(

I have a really dry skin and this made it look super oily... It was into every pores, every smile line... I tried to set if with an HD powder and I looked like a cakey-oily-powdery mess.

My boyfriend then saw my face and asked me if I was ok because I looked like my face was peeling.

I'll never purchase again and I'm glad it was free with a purchase. I love many products from the Body Shop, in fact I'm a fan of many of them, but this one is... bad. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was on my christmas wish list so I have only worn this a handful of times so may need to edit this review some time down the track but here are my thoughts so far. At AUD$48.95 this is expensive and in the same price point as some high end brands. I don't believe this is an appropriate price for the brand, the product or the amount of actual product in the compact (only 8.5g!) and is probably the biggest factor in the decision to not repurchase.
I have been able to achieve a medium coverage using a flat kabuki brush. Any redness or unevenness is completely covered, whilst blemishes still require a concealer.
I have not used the provided brush as it's small & when I was colour matched in store seemed quite tedious.
On well moisturised skin I haven't experienced any caki/flakiness which is always good, however at the current price point that's what I would expect.
I'm quite pale skinned so my colour is 105 ivory rose. This is a good colour as it blends well but be warned bronzer & blush are a must due to the coverage.
The product wears well however, I'm yet to put this to the test on a hot or busy day so will have to edit the post later after I've worn the product for a full day to really be able to review how well it lasts.
Overall, I'm happy with the product.....decent coverage, easy to apply (using my existing tools) and so far has held up during a normal day of light activity (family Christmas parties). However, unless the price is dramatically reduced or they triple the amount of product (or a get a body shop voucher & there's absolutely nothing else I want in store), I simply cannot justify repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by karenkyoko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

There are equal pros and cons about this product. Here is why:

Pros:
1. It gives a very natural look.
When I started using this, my friends actually thought I didnt wear any makeup and asked what happened to all my blemishes!

2. And having said that, it gives a fairly good coverage when you apply concealer beforehand.

3. Doesn't break me out. (With good makeup removing steps, see below)

Like many others have said, they were recommended by the Body Shop's sales girl.
She even tried it on my face! At first I thought it was pretty good because she explained how this will give you a natural look, good coverage blah blah blah.

The bad thing is:
1. My face turned super oily after 1-2 hours! At the end of the day, I have a layer of OIL on my face. LOL. Hence, I make sure I do the proper steps of removing the makeup and having my skin thoroughly cleaned after that to prevent breakouts.

2. The makeup brush given was horrible! After using it for 3 months, the entire thing is shedding off. Some of the "hairs" from the brush got stick to my face when I'm applying the foundation. It's really annoying and embarrassing at the same time if you got one or two strands on your face. (and you went out without realizing it)

This is too much of a hassle for me to purchase again. I was expecting alot more from this but it doesn't turn out to be perfect for me. Only thing I liked about this is that it gives you a natural look (*which doesn't last long because my face got so oily after a short time!).

Moral of the story: Read reviews before buying!

Cheers!
Kyoko

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sleepypup101

Pros
- finally a yellow tone foundation
- medium coverage
- got it on sale for $10 so I thought the price was great

Cons
- made my face super duper oily ( not an exaggeration )
- accentuates dry patches
- doesn't stay put

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Worst Foundation I have ever tried.

I was a fool to buy this, I fell in love with the packaging and the fact that The Body Shop had a sale on. It looks great and the brush is soft but oh dear...the product.

Where do I begin...

- There is so much oil on it that you can't even use powder to set it properly
- It is oily and yet it makes the powder look flakey on the product
- The brush leaves streak's and it does not settle into the skin
- It covers redness well but it does not hide any spots.

I will never touch The Body Shop compact foundations ever again...I should have read reviews first.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a 3 for $30 deal along with the liquid foundation and power. This has a cream consistency that dries to a powder finish. I find that it works best if I section my face rather than dotting it all over and then blending it like I usually do because this product dries fast. Sometimes I find it a tad bit cakey. I probably won't be repurchasing this because I don't really like how I have to apply it section by section . For some reason my compact dips more than usual in the middle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I bought this foundation to use because I was going on vacation and didnt want to carry liquid foundation with me, its very portable and the brush that it comes with makes application so easy that I can do my entire face in under 4 minutes. This product matched my face perfectly, covered up my flaws and blended on like butter. I'm usually a MAC NC42 and I got an #402 in this product. The product gets used up fairly quickly as well, because there is a significant dip in the product after using it 5-6 times, and I use it sparingly. The coverage is light to medium, and I always top it off with a powder and it stays put with minimum fading until the end of the day. The only downside is the price. I bought it with a 50% off coupon, so I paid $13 for it, otherwise I would never buy it full price. I will buy it again if I get another 50% off coupon. Highly recommend this product if you are traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by q8a6y5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrible looking foundation! And whats more horrible, I got this one in a wrong colour from the counter girl. I went back to the store because it was too yellow toned on my face. She said that all their foundations from this line are a bit yellow toned, because this would be foundations especially for hiding couperose and rosacea. Weird, because I have couperose/rosacea and I looked like I was from another country.
It s heavy, cakey looking when you don't set it with powder. There s a brush that comes with it, which is also horrible because you see the stripes on your face. I think the best way to apply it is with your fingers.
One really good thing is that my face looks better and healthy after using it. So mineral foundations do have great benefits for your skin. Especially when you have rosacea. I think I will search for another colour in the liquid version.
Lasting power is decent, but not great.
The mineral powder I do like.