October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Walgreen's- Therapeutic Skin Repair Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I've had a good experience with this lotion. It's the first alpha-hydroxy body product I've used. I was skeptical that it would make a big difference in the feel of my skin, because I manually exfoliate with a Salux cloth, but I was wrong; my skin is crazy smooth now.

It is true that this stuff looks like Elmer's glue, feels like Elmer's glue, and yes, even smells a bit like Elmer's glue. It's sticky and not exactly velvety when I apply it, takes some rubbing to distribute thinly, and doesn't sink in fast, but it's not true that it *never* sinks in. It takes maybe 5 minutes. I put my pajamas on over it before it's fully absorbed and haven't had any problems with staining or discoloration. The smell is pretty faint and it fades as the lotion absorbs, so it doesn't make me smell weird all night or anything.

I probably won't buy this again because I plan on "graduating" to AmLactin when I finish the bottle, but I answered yes because my experience is that it's a good effective gentle AHA product. If I couldn't get AmLactin and wanted lactic acid I would buy it again.

ETA: note that this bottle lasted me slightly under a month, applying it every other night. Because of its gluey consistency, it takes a lot to spread evenly over my body (surprisingly, I never thought to try patting it on, which might have been better). Just be aware that because of this, the low price may be a false economy compared to a more easily spreadable/thinner lotion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jacie07

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using alpha hydroxy lotion on my face has done wonders for my 59 year old skin so I went looking for an inexpensive, readily available lotion with AHA I could slather all over my body. This is not it. First of all, when I got home I discovered the pump does not unscrew to open properly so the only way to get this stuff out is to take the top off and grab a handful off the long tube thing inside. And this stuff is comparable to Elmer's glue, thick, white and very sticky. Almost impossible to smooth on your skin. Once on it takes forever to sink in and leaves your skin sticky and shiny. Uggh! With my new mindset of using products up before replacing them, I will do my best to use this stuff up but it will be hard because I can only apply it on days when I have plenty of time before getting dressed, which is hardly ever. For now I am mixing it with cheap and thin lotions I've picked up on hotel stays and applying on nights when I don't need to get into my jammies quickly. Will not buy this again and will keep looking for something to replace it!