Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Containr: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 3/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think this is the right color for very fair skin. A bit yellow and doesn't really knock out the existing dark circle discoloration under the eyes, so doesn't end up doing much. The formula is OK.

on 3/1/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this concealer, with it's "illuminating" properties, but it just fell flat for me. Although it did an average job concealing the circles under my eyes, I felt it dried very quickly upon application, making it difficult to distribute properly. I did not notice ant illuminating effect at all. Not very impressed. Would not re-purchase or recommend.

I love this concealer! Dream Lumi Touch definitely impressed me as an undereye concealer.
Usually, I don't bother with undereye products; I found many concealers very heavy, cakey, and difficult to successfully blend. From what I saw on YouTube, Dream Lumi Touch has impressed many gurus, so I was curious whether this product was worth the hype.
While this concealer didn't explicitly label itself as an undereye product, I used it for my undereye area. I don't have the worst dark circles, but foundation sometimes isn't enough to fully cover them. This concealer has excellent coverage; it easily blends to complete coverage in one layer. I don't see my dark circles at all. The finish of this concealer is a bit satiny, hence the "Lumi" in the title. It gives my undereye area a very refreshed glow, which I am sure makes my face look fuller and more awake. This is why I was allocating this concealer as an exclusively undereye product; personally, I prefer more matte concealers for my blemishes or redness.
Having yellow-toned skin, I really appreciated that this concealer is warm-toned. Pink concealers look so unnatural on me, and it's always a guessing game attempting to find a concealer that will match my undertones. This one is purely yellow-based. I find it awesome, but I know that it might not work for everyone.
I'm pale-toned, so I chose Ivory as my shade. It's slightly lighter than my skintone. I appreciated that a lot, but I'm sure that I could have also gone down a shade and it would have looked great as well. Here, I get an illuminated effect; it's lighter than my skin tone. It still looks beautiful, but I'm sure that there is some flexibility with which tints can fit a skintone.
This concealer has a nice texture; not too liquidy, but not very thick, either. It dries within a matter of seconds, and sets without powder. It's on the drier side in turns of finish, but it's not overly dry or overly sticky either...it's just right.
Dream Lumi Touch is not a cakey concealer. You can definitely overapply it, because it's very buildable, to the point where it does look cakey, but when used sparingly, it has a nice, even finish. I haven't had any problems with it settling into any fine lines.
Its staying power is impeccable. I have makeup on for about 20 hours a day, and Dream Lumi Touch has not failed me at any time. I couldn't rub it off, it doesn't smudge or flake. That was probably the most convincing part of this concealer.
The applicator worked surprisingly well. Twist top concealers have been a hit or miss for me; I was very happy with this one. It wasn't hard to control how much came out, and I haven't had problems with the applicator getting stuck. Unfortunately, the lettering on the packaging was not very durable; it got scratched off almost completely to the point where I wasn't able to tell the name of the concealer...oh well.
As for price, it's somewhat pricey for a drugstore concealer; I paid $9 for it. However, it's so worth it; the quality is incredible for a drugstore undereye concealer, I definitely recommend it!

on 1/18/2015 3:13:00 AM

This is my go to concealer! I use this for the undereye area and also as cover up in the event of the odd red mark anywhere on my face. If I had one complaint about this, it is the amount of product you get. This concealer doesn't last very long because you don't get very much product. That is my only gripe with this concealer.

I apply it using my beauty blender and it never goes cakey or settles in fine lines. The overall effect is a nice radiance around the eye area and it also does a thoroughly decent job at covering minor marks and blemishes.

I have used a similar product by Clarins (can't remember the exact name), but this does the same job for a fraction of the price. I always repurchase as I haven't found anything better!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Horrible. Was excited to try it because I heard it was great at brightening under eyes but when I used it, it looked extremely thick and cakey, yet it barely covered my dark circles at all? If you like the very obvious concealer look, this may be for you. Very strange, over-hyped product.

This works really well as a highlighter, not just in the undereye area but all over the face. It gives a healthy glow and makes you look illuminated from within. I love the twist up brush on packaging. I've already repurchased a new one and I've not even finished the first one yet.

on 6/5/2014 9:02:00 PM

This product is great for dark under eyes and is a great product for the drugstore price. Thought the packaging could be better, I'm not too fond of the twisting brush tip, but I can look past it because the product is absolutely wonderful.

on 5/25/2014 5:32:00 PM

Coverage is way too cakey, the lightest shade is still not light enough for highlighting and the packaging sucks because the writing comes off so easily.

A couple years ago, I was using this product every day in an under-eye triangle as a highlighter. I tried out another under-eye concealer and started using that and kept repurchasing it. Came across an unfinished tube of this when I was cleaning out makeup and tried it out again and fell back in love. I have no idea why I stopped using this- I think I just forgot about how incredible it is. I immediately went out and bought a new tube.
There's something about it that I just love. It really does illuminate and blends incredibly well...it's more liquidy than creamy, and I feel like it makes me look very "fresh-faced"
I don't have heavy dark circles, so I don't know how well it does concealing those, but it works for me perfectly.
It is expensive for the amount you're getting, but I'll probably continue buying it anyways.

on 5/3/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. I cannot tell you how many times I've purchased it because my answer would be 'too many'.

First of all, I love the packaging. I like how you can twist the bottom and it dispenses through the brush at the top. The brush is soft and perfect for the under the eye area (so if you're one of those people like me who hate tugging at your under eye then you could try this out and see if you like it.)

The product itsself is Beyonce quality: flawless. If you put it under your eyes, it literally illuminates them and makes you look like you're awake.
I wouldn't recommend this product if you want to try to cover acne scares or acne. Trust me, I've done that before and it literally highlights the acne and makes it stand out even more and I don't think you'd like that. Well, I didn't, anyway.

I also highlight my cheekbones, and I feel like a Victoria's Secret angel.

It has great lasting power.

I also use this on my lips. Hear me out. I know it sounds crazy and you're probably thinking "Um why would you use this on your lips? Concealer lips are so gross when you mute out your lips like that!" but trust me, there's a way to do it.
So I like to put on a layer of Vaseline on my lips (I can hear your sighs of relief now) and rub it on until I've smoothed out my lips. Then I come in with the concealer and I put a light layer on and blend that in with my finger. It gives a nice light pink finish to my lips and makes them highlighted and natural, It's a huge reason why I love this concealer so much.

The price is the only thing that's questionable to me. I shouldn't have to pay almost $10 for a little tube with little product inside.

Overall, it's a good product. If you have lines and bags under your eyes and don't want it to sink into those lines, and cover them up, then I don't recommend this for you. This sits in lines and highlights them. Ladies, let's be honest, we don't need that.

But yes, great product. Great highlighting. Great looking skin afterward.