July 23, 2014 | 2066 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This works really well as a highlighter, not just in the undereye area but all over the face. It gives a healthy glow and makes you look illuminated from within. I love the twist up brush on packaging. I've already repurchased a new one and I've not even finished the first one yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ricebear17

This product is great for dark under eyes and is a great product for the drugstore price. Thought the packaging could be better, I'm not too fond of the twisting brush tip, but I can look past it because the product is absolutely wonderful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage is way too cakey, the lightest shade is still not light enough for highlighting and the packaging sucks because the writing comes off so easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by decemberbookworm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A couple years ago, I was using this product every day in an under-eye triangle as a highlighter. I tried out another under-eye concealer and started using that and kept repurchasing it. Came across an unfinished tube of this when I was cleaning out makeup and tried it out again and fell back in love. I have no idea why I stopped using this- I think I just forgot about how incredible it is. I immediately went out and bought a new tube.
There's something about it that I just love. It really does illuminate and blends incredibly well...it's more liquidy than creamy, and I feel like it makes me look very "fresh-faced"
I don't have heavy dark circles, so I don't know how well it does concealing those, but it works for me perfectly.
It is expensive for the amount you're getting, but I'll probably continue buying it anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. I cannot tell you how many times I've purchased it because my answer would be 'too many'.

First of all, I love the packaging. I like how you can twist the bottom and it dispenses through the brush at the top. The brush is soft and perfect for the under the eye area (so if you're one of those people like me who hate tugging at your under eye then you could try this out and see if you like it.)

The product itsself is Beyonce quality: flawless. If you put it under your eyes, it literally illuminates them and makes you look like you're awake.
I wouldn't recommend this product if you want to try to cover acne scares or acne. Trust me, I've done that before and it literally highlights the acne and makes it stand out even more and I don't think you'd like that. Well, I didn't, anyway.

I also highlight my cheekbones, and I feel like a Victoria's Secret angel.

It has great lasting power.

I also use this on my lips. Hear me out. I know it sounds crazy and you're probably thinking "Um why would you use this on your lips? Concealer lips are so gross when you mute out your lips like that!" but trust me, there's a way to do it.
So I like to put on a layer of Vaseline on my lips (I can hear your sighs of relief now) and rub it on until I've smoothed out my lips. Then I come in with the concealer and I put a light layer on and blend that in with my finger. It gives a nice light pink finish to my lips and makes them highlighted and natural, It's a huge reason why I love this concealer so much.

The price is the only thing that's questionable to me. I shouldn't have to pay almost $10 for a little tube with little product inside.

Overall, it's a good product. If you have lines and bags under your eyes and don't want it to sink into those lines, and cover them up, then I don't recommend this for you. This sits in lines and highlights them. Ladies, let's be honest, we don't need that.

But yes, great product. Great highlighting. Great looking skin afterward.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by tateybugs

I had heard a few people rave about this concealer and thought it would be absolute gold for highlighting under the eyes. I really, really wanted to like this product but the bad outweighs the good. For starters, I got it in Ivory and was fairly happy with the colour. It did a medium-ok job at covering dark circles, which was nice, as I feel it's main purpose is for highlighting. I really don't like the packaging - anything with a clicky wind/twist maneuver I usually avoid. There isn't a huge deal of shimmer or luminosity in this concealer (which for me I enjoyed - oily skin is a pain with that stuff), so I feel as if the name isn't as suited to the product. It does highlight, just not in the way expected. The biggest let down was how much it creased. A CRAZY amount. After two hours, not even, it creases without fail every single time. If you have no fine lines, go for it, but if you do steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer for shadows and redness I've tried. You'll probably want something drier for blemished. The ivory colour is nice and neutral and I like the applicator, it's very easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I bought this after seeing a user on youtube claim that it helps with dry under eyes which I tend to have. Its not drying at all and it reflects off the undereyes to brighten them up. I was nervous it would be a sparkle situation, which it totally isn't. I also use it as a highlighter on my face anywhere I need it. It is a twist knob and wasn't one of those twist knobs that you spend 5 minutes twisting to get it started, its was a couple clicks and we were in business. Great stuff for $7.99, will def keep in my makeup routine daily!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

After wanting to try this for months, I finally bought it. And long story short was disappointed. The coverage was light, the 'lumi' was sparkles, just not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very impressed with this concealer! I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and I get very dark purple under eye circles, and this really helps brighten them up. However, this concealer can't do all the work by itself. I use it on top of the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment because this concealer can't quite handle the heavy lifting alone. Once I lighten up my under eye area though, this concealer is the perfect finishing touch; blends wonderfully and doesn't get cakey on top of the dark circle treatment. It's a great consistency, you don't need a ton of it to get decent coverage. I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines, as long as I set it with powder. As for blemishes, I can't really say, I tend just to use this under my eyes. I love it as a highlighter too, it's luminous without being obviously sparkly (thank goodness, I hate that!)

My only gripes are similar to the ones posted here already. While I like the straightforward packaging, I find it oozes in blobby amounts out of the wand brush. I generally just use my finger to dab it where I need it to go, which isn't a huge deal, but still. Also, it's a pretty small amount for the price.

That being said, it's worth a shot. If you're lucky enough to have the colour/coverage/formula suit you, then you'll love it. I will still continue the hunt for a "perfect" drug store concealer, but this is pretty darn good and I would definitely buy it again.