April 24, 2014 | 1920 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by tateybugs

I had heard a few people rave about this concealer and thought it would be absolute gold for highlighting under the eyes. I really, really wanted to like this product but the bad outweighs the good. For starters, I got it in Ivory and was fairly happy with the colour. It did a medium-ok job at covering dark circles, which was nice, as I feel it's main purpose is for highlighting. I really don't like the packaging - anything with a clicky wind/twist maneuver I usually avoid. There isn't a huge deal of shimmer or luminosity in this concealer (which for me I enjoyed - oily skin is a pain with that stuff), so I feel as if the name isn't as suited to the product. It does highlight, just not in the way expected. The biggest let down was how much it creased. A CRAZY amount. After two hours, not even, it creases without fail every single time. If you have no fine lines, go for it, but if you do steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer for shadows and redness I've tried. You'll probably want something drier for blemished. The ivory colour is nice and neutral and I like the applicator, it's very easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I bought this after seeing a user on youtube claim that it helps with dry under eyes which I tend to have. Its not drying at all and it reflects off the undereyes to brighten them up. I was nervous it would be a sparkle situation, which it totally isn't. I also use it as a highlighter on my face anywhere I need it. It is a twist knob and wasn't one of those twist knobs that you spend 5 minutes twisting to get it started, its was a couple clicks and we were in business. Great stuff for $7.99, will def keep in my makeup routine daily!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

After wanting to try this for months, I finally bought it. And long story short was disappointed. The coverage was light, the 'lumi' was sparkles, just not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very impressed with this concealer! I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and I get very dark purple under eye circles, and this really helps brighten them up. However, this concealer can't do all the work by itself. I use it on top of the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment because this concealer can't quite handle the heavy lifting alone. Once I lighten up my under eye area though, this concealer is the perfect finishing touch; blends wonderfully and doesn't get cakey on top of the dark circle treatment. It's a great consistency, you don't need a ton of it to get decent coverage. I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines, as long as I set it with powder. As for blemishes, I can't really say, I tend just to use this under my eyes. I love it as a highlighter too, it's luminous without being obviously sparkly (thank goodness, I hate that!)

My only gripes are similar to the ones posted here already. While I like the straightforward packaging, I find it oozes in blobby amounts out of the wand brush. I generally just use my finger to dab it where I need it to go, which isn't a huge deal, but still. Also, it's a pretty small amount for the price.

That being said, it's worth a shot. If you're lucky enough to have the colour/coverage/formula suit you, then you'll love it. I will still continue the hunt for a "perfect" drug store concealer, but this is pretty darn good and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's just OK. It has more coverage than L'Oreal Magic Lumi. But sometimes it creases and it always makes my undereye area look dryer.

I really like this as a highlighter for highlighting and contouring but I wanted to use this as an undereye concealer.

I'm going to keep looking for the perfect undereye concealer. This one is OK but not quite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great highlighting pen! I either wear it alone as my undereye concealer or over my undeye concealer. I like applying this on the bridge of my nose because it brings so much brightness to your face. It doesn't crease and is very affordable. I originally wanted to buy the Mac Prep and Prime Pen but this product is less than half the price and I love it. It's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I've never been particularly fond of concealer, that is, until exam week came around, and I'm starting to sleep less. I've read sooooo much about this product being a complete dupe for YSL's touche eclat (50$), and this one was about, $10, so I thought, what the heck, might as well.

I'm very impressed with the way this concealer works, who doesn't love a 2 in 1? It did a great job of concealing and highlighting without using a whole heck load of product, which I love. I loveeee the packaging, its simple, and easy to open and use. It dispenses the perfect amout you need, so you know you'd never go cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Emilymorganq

I. Love. This. Concealer! After years of dreading my under eye circles, a blessing was bestowed upon me. Since I am in Canada it is a little more pricey at $11 a tube, which is sad as it runs out very fast. The applicator is horrible, gushes out the bristles and is messy to apply. However, nothing had been as good to me as this. It covers my circles, covers the few occasional acne spots and just makes me look so awake. I am very very very pale skinned, NC15 girl and Ivory works very well for me, though perhaps a tad dark. (I know I'm pale) Overall I would highly recommend this concealer for pale gals like me with under eye circles. (I dont use a highlighter so I cant really judge how well it works for that, I mean my skin looks nice and bright with it so there that)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Bookworm19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! Makes me look wide awake, which is very important because I look tired all of the time. I only have moderate under eye circles, so I don't know how good this is for someone with heavier eye circles. For me, this stuff is fantastic. Packaging sucks, but the product inside is a gem.