April 18, 2014 | 1149 users online

Fragrances - Ed Hardy Villain

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bottle is really cool. A mermaid relief on glass.... The scent is like dessert. A creamy -- fruitty creamy dessert. Sort of reminds me of 'Fruit Float" from the 70s; a whipped fruity cream/pudding mix my Mom used to make in the mixer. Delicious.

The fragrance is named incorrectly. Nothing about a villain or monster. Captivating, perhaps. But not evil. I suppose you cannot judge a fragrance by it's bottle! Good teenager scent as it reminds me of a fruittier version of Pink Sugar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by monique3445

Granted, you cannot expect too much from Ed Hardy, since it is indeed a brand associated with douchebags.. however, I had heard a lot of good things about this perfume so I decided to give it a chance. No bueno. This bottle is hideous. It looks very cheap and tacky. The perfume itself immediately gave me a headache. It did not mesh well with my chemistry at all, and smelled over the top floral, and loud. I am not a fan at all...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MMMM! can you say Holy Grail?!!? I am a huge "scent" girl. I own almost every kind of body spray, perfume, scented lotions, etc that most brands have to offer. Some of my favorite perfumes consist of Viva La Juicy, Snooki's first perfume, Coach Poppy, Ed Hardy's Born Wild, Brittany Spears' Fantasy etc. I really love fruity/floral/vanilla scents. Out of all of them, this has got to be my favorite. It is the perfect mix of fruity and there's a hint of something else I can't quite put my finger on - but it makes it that much more fantastic.I'm not gonna lie, i'm not the biggest Ed Hardy fan and I always thought their fragrances sucked. That was, until my best friend received an Ed Hardy Perfume Roller kit. It was love at first scent, and I couldn't stop smelling my wrists after I put it on. My boyfriend and I went to Perfumania, a huge perfume store that always has really good deals and fun discounts on a daily basis. They had a really good promotion - buy one, get one for $9.99 - SOLD - lol, My bottle was 75$. My boyfriend and I both got matching scents , mine was for women and his was for men (obviously).I actually love the bottle and the way that it is packaged in the tin. I also really adore the traditional style mermaid. Overall, the packaging is clever and I can not get over how bomb this stuff smells. I can't stop spraying my clothes, hair, skin, everything. Another good quality about this stuff is the longevity - it lasts FOREVER. I can smell it lingering in my hair and on my clothes hours after I sprayed it first. This is a must for me because I will spray 50 times a day if I have to keep myself smelling beautiful, and the fact that this lasts a long time saves me money in the long run. I seriously only spray myself once and this stuff LASTS. I always get compliments on how I smell when I wear this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Smelled this on a coworker and liked it. Decided to buy a mini size to give it a try. Extremely fruity. Almost like cotton candy, nothing unique or sophisticated about this but it's not bad. I'll use my trial size but won't repurchase. I had Hearts n Daggers by Ed Hardy and this smells practically identical. Won't buy any more Ed Hardy fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by algebra101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of any previous Ed Hardy fragrances. I find them too synthetic and or generic.
I saw this new gorgeous bottle of villain, it has a mermaid on it...and had to give it a try.
I was not expecting to like it. At first sniff it was sweet and fruity. meh.
It then started to mix with my chemistry and became this amazing fresh clean sweetness...It's hard to describe because I really can't compare it to anything else!
I went and bought it.
Hours after spraying it I am still smelling it, and it is amazing, like clean skin with a hint of subtle vanilla.
I love this. Unique, gorgeous packaging and long lasting.
Try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very sweet when sprayed and reminded me of amor amor....then i sniffed it after a while and all gone very shortlived.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mgosewich

so yummy. got tons of compliments from the males heehee. at first its quite strong but then it mellows out. love it. def a repurchse. I wouldve made the bottle a little more plain....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by violetsrblu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never paid attention to Ed Hardy fragrances, but I was compelled to try a spritz at Ulta after seeing the memaid bottle tester. I grew up in a Florida beach town and have always loved anything that reminded me of the sea.

I gagged at first, but it quickly dried down to a very delicious scent on me. It smelled sweet; the composition consists of watermelon, lychee, citrus notes, lotus, magnolia, freesia, sandal, orris and creme brulee, but mostly citrus and vanilla seemed to dominate on me. I decided to purchase this fragrance for the summer, but I've been wearing it at home and smelling my wrists a lot, LOL!

The cons for me:
Not long lasting; I'm considering a purchase of the body lotion to see if it will help.
Bottle looks cheap, like a bubble bath container.

Pertaining to the previous reviewer's statement about the relationship of the mermaid to this fragrance's name:

In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous creatures, portrayed as seductresses who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. The Sirens are sometimes portrayed as mermaid-like. In Spanish, the word for mermaid is Sirena.

I guess the scent is supposed to be very alluring and thus, it makes a woman dangerous to men, heh-heh. I've noticed the brands that target the younger women are mostly sweet and fruity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I don't get it. Listed notes are Watermelon, lychee, citrus notes, lotus, magnolia, freesia, sandal, orris and creme brulee. It went on bright citrus but became very tropical.I thought I smelled mango and coconut. Nothing at all new and wow, how does this represent a villain? A 3D glossy mermaid bottle and a fruity floral boring scent. A villain only in that it isn't remotely different but promised so much. There's nothing offensive about this scent, in fact it's pretty in its way, but Villain? It is completely misnamed. And I still don't get how the mermaid and the sweet floral notes equal a villain. Huh.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No