LUSH No Drought

3.3

Corn Oil (Zea mays) , Magnesium Carbonate , Talc ,Perfume , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , *Limonene ,*Linalool

This is the only dry shampoo I noticed that works. Only way it will work is by leaving it in your hair for awhile maybe like 5-10 minutes. I would brush my hair first then apply this to my roots all over my scalp and just let it soak up the oil while I'm doing my make-up then brush it thoroughly with a detangling brush. I skip 2 days of not washing my hair and I use this on my second day. I have thick, bleached, dry hair so the less I wash my hair the better! Reason why I gave 4 stars is because it's super messy! I would wear a robe over what I would wear for the day or it would look like you have dandruff.

on 4/17/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really want to like this product. It smells lovely, the nicest smelling dry shampoo I've tried, and it's really good value for money considering how much product you get. Alas, it didn't do anything to help my oily, second day roots. I have really fine hair which becomes oily very quickly, if you're in the same boat as me, I'd recommend going with Klorane and Batiste. Also applying this without making a mess is impossible!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually thought the ratings on this were higher when I bought it. Honestly, I didn't expect much from a white loose powder on my dark brown hair.. But this stuff is amazing! I was using dove dry shampoo before this & while it worked, it made my hair feel so heavy / weighed down with product. This doesn't do that at all! It soaks up my oil, doesn't feel like there's anything in your hair & when you brush it out there's no white cast. Brilliant. Also, I can't imagine going through the bottle any time soon and I got the smaller one.

on 2/3/2015 8:15:00 AM

I have tried so many dry shampoos and have only ever found one or two good ones. This was my first time with a non aerosol dry shampoo, instead the bottle has a flip top and you have to be very careful not to overapply. I had a lot of problems with this product, not least the awful packaging.

The powder is white, and if you make a mistake with application and get it on your scalp, it is very obvious that you have applied it. I was left numerous times with white dots on my scalp. Also, because you basically have to sprinkle this on your roots it uses up a lot of product and takes ages to apply properly. These issues can all be fixed with a change to the packaging.

This does smell great and I like Lush's products generally, but this is not one I would ever buy again.

on 1/3/2015 1:53:00 AM

I picked this up because of the great price. I love Batiste but it needs to be replaced every month and it was getting expensive. I gave this dry shampoo gave at least 5 chances and I am really disappointed. This did nothing to help soak up any grease in my hair. I had to use A LOT to see results if any, so it was hard to avoid the gray cast against my black hair. The smell is great however. It's subtle, and not irritating at all. Overall not effective. I am returning this to Lush.

on 11/20/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I live in Alaska where there is no Lush Store available. I bought this online and received two instead of one due to an error I made while purchasing. This means that the cost is a bit more than the $13 per bottle the website states that you will spend.
The product comes packaged in a little 4 oz bottle with a cap similar to that of a regular shampoo. It is easy to sprinkle into your hair and doesn't leave too much of a mess. It's a loose powder so I do try to stay completely naked or only wear pajamas while applying.
The product itself is in a loose powder form (as mentioned above) and has a very tangy scent which are two things that I love. The powder formula means that this will last a lot longer than the typical spray cans that dry shampoo normally comes in making it cost effective (I have to replace those cans every week on the week) and the scent means that your hair will smell clean as the musk is masked.
I always sprinkle this into my roots and wait about 5 minutes to let it work it's magic. Even though I have dark brown hair blending is no issue. It absorbs grease very well.
This product is also Eco-friendly and good for the environment which is something I love as someone with an all natural skin care routine as well. After using Pret-A-Powder from Bumble and Bumble and only being so-so with it this is an awesome thing to me.
Will repurchase :)

on 11/19/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Product Claim:
Whether youíre with friends at a festival or stuck comb alone. Easy to use, grapefruit and lime scented, oil absorbing powder. For a quick freshness boost, no wash; Just go!

Fresh Ingredients:

Price:
29 SGD

Quantity:
115g
_______________________________________________________

Now guys, this dry shampoo is my absolute favorite. I was never a fan of dry shampoos especially because they just didn't seem to work that well. I used to wash my hair everyday because I live in Singapore where itís humid as hell and you sweat like a pig and end up looking like a grease monkey.

My mom used to tell me not to wash your hair everyday because itís not good for your hair. I never listened because I wanted nice fluffy clean hair everyday. But gradually as I grew older, I understood that taking care of your hair doesn't always mean cleaning it. You strip your hair of the oils and nutrients your body is trying to give it.

You can easily damage your hair by washing it too often and too roughly as well. I will write another post on how to wash your hair well without damaging it as much.

For now, Iíll tell you how amazing this product is. With this, I can now go 2 days without washing my hair. It might sound gross to some of you, but it really is the best thing you can do for your hair if you donít want to end up bald!

How I use this product:
I put a little bit on the roots on my hair the night before.

When I wake up, I massage the overnight powder into my scalp, then I put more and let it rest whilst doing my skincare routine. give it about 10-15 minutes to absorb any oil you have in your hair.

Then I take my Tangle-Teezer (you can use a regular brush) and really massage it into the scalp, brushing it and massaging it until everything is gone. I used to just use my fingers and I realized I was leaving white powder on my scalp (NOT ATTRACTIVE). So the best thing to do is get a brush to massage it as it really gets in-between your strands of hair.

I end up with clean, fresh looking hair. This dry shampoo also gives me great volume. I love it!

Pros:
- Organic Ingredients
- Non-toxic
- Vegan (for you vegan fanatics out there)
- Gives volume as well
- Smells like citrus
- Good for travelling (not in canister)
- Can be put in a different container
- Multitasking whilst getting ready
- Literally LASTS FOREVER
- Helps you save up on shampoo & conditioner as you use half as much
- Donít have to get wet

Cons:
- Takes some time to massage product out of the hair
- Can leave white powder on scalp if not done well
- Gets everywhere if youíre not careful

Things to note when using this product:
Donít wear anything fancy whilst putting this on as it goes everywhere! Itís white powder. Easy to remove, but you need to use waterÖso the best thing to do is wear nothing at all and use the powder like body powder/baby powder. Thatís how I do it.

______________________________________________________

Overall for me, the pros outweigh the cons by far. I have never come across a better dry shampoo. I am not a fan of dry shampoos that come in spray cans because I just feel like itís so toxic I might as well just wash my hair. This is really the best out there for me. If any of you have a better product to recommend me, please do. I would love to try it out and review it.

Hope I helped anyone out there who needs a great dry shampoo that doesnít try to kill you at the same time.

http://snugsack.tumblr.com/ for more reviews :)

on 11/19/2014 12:44:00 AM

this is the second dry shampoo I've ever used. I love the fact that it lasts forever! I've had it for two years and I've only used about half. it also works very well in getting rid of oil. My problems with it however is the packaging. the lid on mine broke after about a week therefore i can't take it travelling. I also do not like the fact it's powder because i find it gets everywhere. it goes all over my counter and my clothes. i also find it takes a while to rub all the white residue out. All in all i would repurchase after i finish it, but i will try the Dove one first as I've heard good reviews.

on 11/4/2014 8:23:00 PM

This is the best dry shampoo I have ever used. I have never liked the aerosol cans, I prefer powder instead so this was perfect. The scent is uplifting and really this product is life changing. The price was affordable and it lasts FOREVER. Had it for months and haven't even put a dent into it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, I find it a little difficult to use. It would have been better of it was in baby powder container so you could sprinkle it but instead it's the same kind of lid that you need to squeeze out like shampoo, so I usually dump some into the palm of my hand and pinch it on onto my roots. Really worth the buy!

on 10/5/2014 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best dry shampoo I've ever used. My hair is thick and coarse and I wash it every few days, but I find I lose a lot of volume around my crown so my hair can look rather flat. Enter this stuff. Firstly, it smells AMAZING. Very citrusy and energizing. I sprinkle some on the crown of my head and rub it into my scalp. It soaks up the excess oils but gives me a lot of volume. It honestly looks like I just washed my hair after I use this stuff! It's amazing and it's my HG of dry shampoos. Definitely repurchasing!

Popular Hair Products