August 29, 2014 | 1341 users online

Hair - LUSH - No Drought

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by scfiakhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok well, i was looking for a dry shampoo for quite a while, since I shouldn't be washing my hair all the time...and so i turned to lush, with their promising product descriptions... don't get me wrong, i love lush so i had a lot of hope for this product. It smells really nice, a little citrusy, and is basically just a white powder which you apply to your scalp.
Ok, first problem. It is SO difficult to apply without getting it all over your bathroom sink, you, or your clothes! They always say, less is more, but honestly the product is so fine in its powder form that you can hardly feel it unless you use a pretty liberal amount. Really messy business for anyone who has regular to thick hair that isnt super dry.
There was a small window of time where the areas where i could get the powder on my scalp felt pretty clean. No greasy or sticky feeling. And luckily, the whiteness of the powder wasn't showing ( I hope... ) so i'm guessing it does do its job of absorbing into the scalp. But after like an hour or so, it all went back to how it felt originally.
Nice smell and all, but honestly not worth the price :-( I heard you can use regular talcum/baby powder and get the same effect, so i'll opt for that next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by tintiite

Despite the bad reviews I decided to give this a try, mostly because of the citrus fragrance. Before I had Klorane dry shampoo with oats, but I couldn't control the amount of product I apply and it always was too much leaving white residue and drying out my strands making it look like straw (However, I still love Klorane because of their shampoos).
But about Lush, oh my, it is great! First, the packaging and application for me was much easier, I put a little bit of product on my hair path and then massaged it i with my hair brush with circular motions. Then I moved on step by step for the top of the head and it works wonderful! My hair really got cleaner, it added volume and the citrus fragrance!
The price is ok, and the small bottle is perfect also to put in the handbag. I will definitely stick to this dry shampoo choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by OmeImBella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for dry shampoo. Not only does it soak up excess oil, but it gives my wavy hair wonderful volume that lasts all day. It goes on white in the beginning but once you massage it in, the color blends into your hair and you're left with nothing but clean looking locks and a nice citrus smell. My only complaint is the messy packaging, which takes some time getting used to. Don't put this in after getting dressed or you'll be covered in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily hair and I wash it every other day. I have bought this shampoo to use it on days I do not wash my hair. I loved it!
The girl from Lush, who sold me the shampoo, have explained to me that its not necessary to remove it with a brush. You should only massage it into the scalp in small circles. This shampoo not only lets my hair clean, without a chalky whiteness, but also gives a lot of body to my hair. It also has an exquisite scent. Im definitely gonna buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Hogwartian

I reeealllly wanted to like this because I'm generally a LUSH fan but it's a horrible product. I gave it 2/5 because it smells great imo (like a cross between a subtle citrus-y smell and marshmallows), but it just doesn't work for me at all. It's not wildly expensive, but there are better, cheaper dry shampoos around so it's definitely not worth the money. It didn't leave a white residue on my hair, but it didn't soak up any oil either, and because of the packaging I found it awkward and messy to use. My hair does get pretty oily if I don't wash it every day but I have used other dry shampoos on day-old hair with no problems. Sorry LUSH, I hope we can still be friends.

(It's maybe worth noting that I'm generally not motivated to write reviews of products I've tried, so that gives you an idea of how much I disliked this product.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by CreepySleepy

love this!
I use this on my second day hair to add volume and remove grease. I've used batiste lots of times, but always found that the cans ran out quickly, were big to carry around with me and smelt meh.

This product is lots better. It leaves my hair with body but without too much of a chalky whiteness. It smells good, its cheap and I will defiantly keep buying it! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm fairly new to the whole dry shampoo world, and this is only the second one i've ever tried (First one i tried was the Kenra brand spray one which was meh) but i am officially hooked! I love it. The smell is super light and fresh, and i already prefer the powder over the spray kind, tenfold. I have fairly thick, dark brown hair that gets greasy pretty darn fast, and this absorbs perfectly. Sometimes if i use too much it makes my hair look grey-ish but i just keep rubbing it in if that's ever the case. It goes away eventually. I tend to wash my hair everyday (which i know is not good) but with my hair, if i want to wear it down, it pretty much requires a shower, and then by the next morning it looks greasy. So when i came across this, it really changed my world because now i can wash every other day without worrying how greasy my hair is going to look within 24 hours. I love it. The only thing i don't overly care for about this product is how messy it can be. I just started putting it in my hand and then sprinkling it on my roots, which has definitely helped, but before i was smart enough to start that, i was just lightly trying to pour it right from the bottle onto my head which made it go everrrrrrywhere. Its not the most efficient packaging in my opinion, i'm sure there has to be a better way. But other than that i love this product and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

I have very thick, dark hair that gets oily very quickly and I've had difficulty with a lot of dry shampoos. This one has become a holy grail hair product for me. It smells so so soooo good like light citrus. Only downside is it starts to build up quickly and feels very grimy if I don't wash it the day after using which is normal

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

This is the only dry shampoo that didn't weigh down my hair or leave it looking hard/ treated. I find the spray can versions of dry shampoo always made my hair heavy or feel "hard" textured. This one is a powder, which might sound messier, but really it's not that bad at all! I just sprinkle some on my hair at the top NEAR the roots (NOT ON), and let it sit for a bit. Then I use clean hands and rub some in my hands, then rub my hair. Takes literally 2 minutes and you're all set to go!

I love that it doesn't weigh my hair down and my hair looks so clean and fresh for the day. Nothing replaces washing, but I'd say this comes close. I usually have really really REALLY greasy hair by day 2, so I never use to go without washing daily. It is the one bad thing I do to my hair. But i decided to try washing every other day, and used LUSH No Drought to help. It was amazing and I can't believe I use to wash daily. I'm on week 3, and I can even go to day 3 now using Lush. My hair isn't weighed down at all, and this dry shampoo leaves a fairly light scent.

Dry shampoo doesn't take place of showering though, people!!! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mamacali

I bought this product because it was the cheapest of their shampoo line, and I knew it could be multipurpose.
When I wash my hair at night, I use this in the morning after, since my roots tend to get really oily. I don't need to use very much, and it adds a little volume to my thin, fine hair. I can't imagine it adding volume to thicker hair though. It blends in well with my dark, almost black, roots.
I also use this with a cotton ball to blot my forehead, and to deodorize my daughter's shoes. I've been using this product frequently for about a month now, and it looks like I've hardly used any!