August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Eyes - Revlon - Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually use Bobbi Brown corrector, but decided to try this with a coupon and It's really nice. It's a very light weight liquid pinkish color that works surprisingly well. It doesn't work as well as BB but for a lighter look it's effective with under eye circles. It's okay as a eye primer if you make sure to use a tiny amount. I would repurchase as it takes very little effort to blend and that cuts down on time when in a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Pretty similar to Bare Escentuals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener. Both brighten up the under eye area. It doesn't fully conceal everything I've got but it's good enough for a quick daily look.

I wouldn't call this a primer and wouldn't use it as one FYI. I probably won't be rebuying this as I have an under eye concealer now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal1986

As a makeup junkie who doesn't live in the states, it's often frustrating to find cheaper dupes of higher end preoducts (in this case ysl touche eclat and mac prep n prime highlighting pen) - which are available where i live. I was just getting some of my fave revlon products one night and stumbled upon this liquid concealer looking thing.. As soona s i saw the label (eye primer + brightener) it's like the angels suddely sang to me “this is the dupe you've been looking for”. Don't know how it is compared to maybelline's dream lumi touch and loreal magic lumi highlighting pen though (both not available near me... Boooo!!!)
The downside is, due to the original intent of this product to be a "primer" and brightener but not highlighter, the medium light pinkish shade will only suit some people between nc or nw 25-40 but not lighter or darker (in my opinion) even on my nc 25 skin it doesn't highlight that much... Only very subtly... The consistency is also very watery so it's not as pigmented as mac's prep n prime

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I use this as a dupe for MAC's prep+prime highlighter pen. It's half the price and essentially gives me the same effect. It is great for natural highlight down the bridge of the nose; under the eyes; on the chin, and in triangular fashion on the forehead. Basically, it is as if you are highlighting your face in the parts that you do not contour. I apply it after liquid foundation and before concealer. I only use this product when I want a flawless look going out in the evening.

The product doesn't give you a glow or shimmer. It just brightens those areas with a rose base. The packaging is very similar to MAC's and dispenses the amount needed by twisting. I just use the brush to dispense the needed amount, generally blending with a buffing brush.

I'm an NW15 and use the shade 003. It has pink undertones. Price was about $11 in Target. It's probably a bit cheaper on sale, but this pen has lasted me a long time.

Highly recommend as dupe for MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Stressielu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! A little goes a long way. Deduced lippies for the price, as it's hella expensive here in Oz for what you get. But it does do the job, and well. Brightens my undereye circles and give me a younger more bright-eyed look.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I really don't think this product is that bad...I usually wait for Revlon sales prior to purchasing though. I thought that it helped brightened my eyes. I noticed other reviews said it was too dark, but for me (I have light tan skin), I appreciated that it wasn't too contrast white.

The applicator is annoying, since the first few clicks, nothing comes out, and then suddenly, a ton of product comes out at once. But it definitely gets better with more use. The brush is no good at blending either; i usually just click it out and then use my finger to blend.

It somewhat keeps my eye makeup on, but I also have really oily lids. I thought this product was better than Loreal decrease eyeshadow primer, since this one is not cakey at all and has a lot more product. I would repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BipedalPrimate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! ---I use it everyday!

Works as a great eye primer and really helps to lighten up my dark circles. I also apply it as a cheek highlighter after I apply my cream blush/bronzer to my cheek bones.

The color is Gorge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as part of my Revlon buy-1 purchase extravaganza at CVS...I bought a bunch of Revlon PhotoReady stuff and this was one of the products I had wanted to try.
I don't know if it comes in different shades--Mine is #3...I don't know if there are lighter tones...I'm white like paper and this looks fine...it blends right down no problem.
It says you can use it as a eyelid primer and whatever...I don't like it on my eyelids--it gets kinda 'chunky' and looks like dry skin no matter how little you use(and I definitely do not have dry eyelids lol)....
As a brightener/concealer it works great! I use it under makeup to lighten and counter dark circles. And over foundation, you can use it to touch up during the day if you're like me and life beats you down and you wind up looking like a raccoon, just swipe some of this on and your eyes will look fresh and dewy again!lol
I would love to see this in lighter tones--I'd use it for highlighting my cheekbones and stuff...but it's a tad dark, and for my fair skin, works best as a concealer.
I don't like clicker pens and this comes that way--no tube or anything available. I hate these things because they always put out way more product than you need so it winds up sitting in the bristles getting funky til you're ready to use it again...I just despise these pens. The one redeeming thing about this one though is it's a fatter pen so the brush is also fatter--that way you can apply it to your eye area and pat it in without much fuss....some of the other clicker-pen type products have way too skinny brushes and you wind up with a line of concealer that's impossible to blend out--this works more like an actual concealer brush, so I give it points for that...But really, can we just get over these clicker pens?...They're soo wasteful and dispense far too much product!
Overall, I love this stuff alot--way better than the L'oreal version and every other one out there. The only competition I can think of Yves St. Laurent, which comes in a multitude of colors, *but* YSL is *Not* high-def, and this is....
Definitely a fab product and if you can pick it up on sale or with a CVS coupon, I highly recommend it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply put; does absolutely for me. Looked like a maybe substitute for my EL Ideal Light in the package. No brightening at all. Just faded into nothing.
Too expensive for something to put on my eyes as a primer. For the younger crowd I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a bit apprehensive in the past about primers because I never really wanted to spend the money, so I'd usually use concealer as a primer for my eyelids. HOWEVER I bought this little baby and I wore it today under my Revlon colorstay eyeshadow and some Maybelline eyeshadow as liner and some Clinique mascara and for the first time in my life it stayed put. I can get quite oily skin and so I tend to avoid wearing eye make up a lot because it usually ends up all over my face, but this product prevented that! My concerns are that the the winding tool it uses to dispense the primer is really confusing, so I ended up using a fair bit more than I needed because I couldn't see how much had already come out. Also when I put it on this morning my eye area did sting a little bit, but not for too long, and that didn't happen when I tried it the night before. But as a drug store cosmetic queen, I will definitely be buying this baby again.