Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

3.4

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Trisiloxane, Boron Nitride, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tribehenin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, Silica, Alumina, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides

on 8/6/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this product as an eyeshadow primer and I use it in the corner of my eyes to brighten them up. Haven't really used it under my eyes. As a primer this works exactly as you'd want it to, I have no complaints. I love how easily this product applies, you can use a brush or a sponge/blender. It works wonders at brightening up the eye and has become a staple product for me. It is not cheap, but pricing isn't too bad and I would definitely recommend.

on 10/8/2014 10:13:00 AM

Applicator: 2/5
-3 because after only 2 uses the turn to dispense function on my product broke and rendered the $30 product unusable.
+2 for the wonderfully soft brush giving a nice smooth application.

Feel: 5/5
Like a light moisturizer has been applied, quite pleasant in small applications.

Coverage: 2/5
It is NOT a foundation style product you can use to cover bags. It is like a thin gel BB cream with a slight shimmer.
+2 because it does brighten up the eye area
-3 because it conceals nothing at all and actually made the eye make-up area creasing WORSE.

Overall:
It is a lovely product for those who don't really need make up and just want to add a little light to the eye area.
So far as eye concealers and primers go you're better off buying in a dollar shop than this.
Honestly I wouldn't risk it based on the fact the dispenser is so unreliable and I've quite honestly been left feeling entirely disenchanted with Revlon products.

I. Love. This. Stuff.

I use the Photoready Primer (which is also amazing) and picked this up at Walgreens at a two-for sale. I use it both as a concealer and primer. I have DARK circles, this covers them up completely. But what I love the most? When I used Latisse a few years back, I was one of those unlucky people who got weird side effects. For me, my eyelids were never the same. They have since had a yucky, "teastained" color to them that is just....gross. Seriously.

When I would use any other primer and try to apply shadow the color would be off. Not only does this work well as a *primer*, it also works amazingly well ALONE. I use it for days when I'm just wearing mascara and it's like my magic wand - no dark circles or teastained eyelids.

Would I buy again? Um, yeah. I'll never be without it. Holy Grail Status for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this primer when I just started with makeup and I needed something to work with that didn't make my eyeshadow crease into my eyelids. I have never used this under my eyes as a concealer because I feel like it would be to dry. All the reviews on here say it sucks as a primer but I think it works really well! If you just moisturize well, the primer will be fine!

I usually use Bobbi Brown corrector, but decided to try this with a coupon and It's really nice. It's a very light weight liquid pinkish color that works surprisingly well. It doesn't work as well as BB but for a lighter look it's effective with under eye circles. It's okay as a eye primer if you make sure to use a tiny amount. I would repurchase as it takes very little effort to blend and that cuts down on time when in a hurry.

on 12/4/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty similar to Bare Escentuals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener. Both brighten up the under eye area. It doesn't fully conceal everything I've got but it's good enough for a quick daily look.

I wouldn't call this a primer and wouldn't use it as one FYI. I probably won't be rebuying this as I have an under eye concealer now.

on 11/2/2013 10:16:00 PM

As a makeup junkie who doesn't live in the states, it's often frustrating to find cheaper dupes of higher end preoducts (in this case ysl touche eclat and mac prep n prime highlighting pen) - which are available where i live. I was just getting some of my fave revlon products one night and stumbled upon this liquid concealer looking thing.. As soona s i saw the label (eye primer + brightener) it's like the angels suddely sang to me “this is the dupe you've been looking for”. Don't know how it is compared to maybelline's dream lumi touch and loreal magic lumi highlighting pen though (both not available near me... Boooo!!!)
The downside is, due to the original intent of this product to be a "primer" and brightener but not highlighter, the medium light pinkish shade will only suit some people between nc or nw 25-40 but not lighter or darker (in my opinion) even on my nc 25 skin it doesn't highlight that much... Only very subtly... The consistency is also very watery so it's not as pigmented as mac's prep n prime

on 10/16/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Love this! A little goes a long way. Deduced lippies for the price, as it's hella expensive here in Oz for what you get. But it does do the job, and well. Brightens my undereye circles and give me a younger more bright-eyed look.

on 10/11/2013 1:36:00 AM

I really don't think this product is that bad...I usually wait for Revlon sales prior to purchasing though. I thought that it helped brightened my eyes. I noticed other reviews said it was too dark, but for me (I have light tan skin), I appreciated that it wasn't too contrast white.

The applicator is annoying, since the first few clicks, nothing comes out, and then suddenly, a ton of product comes out at once. But it definitely gets better with more use. The brush is no good at blending either; i usually just click it out and then use my finger to blend.

It somewhat keeps my eye makeup on, but I also have really oily lids. I thought this product was better than Loreal decrease eyeshadow primer, since this one is not cakey at all and has a lot more product. I would repurchase again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! ---I use it everyday!

Works as a great eye primer and really helps to lighten up my dark circles. I also apply it as a cheek highlighter after I apply my cream blush/bronzer to my cheek bones.

The color is Gorge!