Almay Intense i-color shadow stick

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product in two colors: for blue eyes (brown/gold) and for hazel eyes (taupe/pink). The "Blue Eyes" product went on very easy because it has a very creamy texture. I was able to create a complete look in under a minute with the gold on my lid and the brown in my crease. The "Hazel Eyes" product was a bit trickier. The taupe color is very creamy and easily applies, but the pink was much drier and did not show up as pigmented. Because of this, I decided the best way to wear this product was to put the taupe on my lid and use the pink on my brow bone. On those mornings where I oversleep and don't have a ton of time to waste on makeup, I find that these are awesome for creating a fresh, put-together look in just a few seconds. I also like to bring a shadow stick when traveling because they don't take up a lot of room, and I can create nice neutral looks appropriate for any event. Overall, I would definitely buy this product again.

on 6/24/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have blue eyes, so naturally, I bought the blue eye pen. Complaints: The sticks broke off very easily, so be careful when applying. The shadows did attach very easily though. Positives: While the lighter color was not flattering, I liked using it as a highlighter. The darker color was what I primarily used on my eyes, it has a very nice look to it, and it's perfect for summer, as it looks like you're not trying too hard and it lasts forever. The stuff removes easily, and it takes about a minute to apply, which cuts a few minutes out of my makeup routine. Buy it!

on 11/2/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I found this gem on a market stall in London, UK and it's great on my NC42 complexion. I saw the one for blue eyes (gold&brown) still in the blister pack and I've been hunting for a big creamy brown pencil, so I gave it a try. I love it. The colour payoff isn't reaaaaalllly brown, more of a bronze/copper, which luckily I really like, and is on trend right now (see the recent ITG feature on wearing a red-ish Clinique Chubby on eyes! Sounds strange, looks hot). The gold gives a really subtle shimmer in the corner of the eye- just dab it on there once or twice & you're done.
What I will say is that the tip is quite flat and wide, so it's impossible to get a thin line (I wanted to go under my lower lash line until the inner third) - my workaround is to use a small angled brush. I just stroke it on the pencil, then go in on my eye. I realised this method offers a lot more control, so that's how I now apply all it around my eye & up into my crease.

I got the pink/brown and teal/champagne.
The colors in the package looked amazing but the payoff was really bad, the brown turned muddy and the teal feel out of the package.

I feel like I can find so many eyeshadow sticks that this doesn't even compare.

on 8/29/2013 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really had to work to get a good color payoff. I had to press way to hard on my eyes. It swatched great on my arms but was too big and hard to blend for my eyes. Ended up in my trash can.

on 5/7/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to give this shadow a try after clipping a $4 off Almay coupon in the paper a while back. I purchased the HAZEL (brown/pink) at Walmart ($4.97US, before coupon - woot!).

I was skeptical about how easy it would be to apply and wondered about the likelihood of creasing - but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have any issues applying either color. However, like others have noted, it can be slighly awkward to get a precise application since the stick is a bit on the chunky side. I remedied that by using one of my blending brushes to smooth things out.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased - lasts long enough, no creasing and the colors do indeed compliment my eyes. I went back and got the BROWN stick (green/gold) and that's pretty nice, too!

on 3/27/2013 7:21:00 PM

I love finding new makeup technologies. This is one of them. Instead of powder eyeshadows, these are creamy stick eyeshadows. I would've given this 5 lippies, but the color duos suck. Just saying, not every brown colored eye is the same color, and it looks different if you have different colored hair too. I ended up getting the blue eyes duo because I wanted gold and I usually use brown anyways. I found I loved it. If I just used gold, it looked so natural (almost my skin color) except for the sparkles. The brown, though, was extremely pigmented, so be careful about that. This is perfect to use especially for travel (no brushes) and is just so fun and easy to use

I got the blue eyes combo and I really like it. The colors are very pretty and have the right amount of sparkle, and the staying power is good. However, I don't recommend applying the stick straight to your eyelid. I use my fingers so I can blend the colors, as they look too harsh and crease when applied directly. Almay does a very nice job bringing out the colors in eyes; mine are a dark blue-green and I really like the way this shadow brings out the color.

on 1/30/2013 4:33:00 PM

Love the delivery, don't love the product. Being used to the satisfying color payoff of, say, an UD shadow or a Bobbi long wearing cream shadow, this fell short. Hazel combo so light and sheer u could barely see it. Tried w and w/o primer. Colors were pretty just could hardly see them. Will use up on a very nude daytime eye w brown liner.

on 1/6/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this for hazel eyes. Both colors apply smoothly but neither are very pigmented. I've had this for a few weeks, and neither side has fallen out like I was expecting.

Top Rated Almay Products