Maybelline Color Tattoo - Edgy Emerald

3.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 6/24/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a lovely pearly sea-foam green shade. It's a pretty sheer formula so I wouldn't recommend this as a shadow on it's own, but it's great as a base under other green shadows.

I currently have both this one and the "Read, Set, Green" Color Tattoo shadow...with both being green, not sure that I need both. But it is a pretty color and works great for pastel or light green shades.

I like to use this, and all other Color Tattoo cream shadows, as bases to intensify the color of my eyeshadows, and I like to layer these over MAC's "Painterly" paint pot as the primer. With this combo of primer and base plus shadow on top...these are very long-lasting. I fall asleep in my eyeshadows from time to time if I stay up too late and am just too tired...and I wake up with my eyeshadow still looking pigmented and fresh. These shadows have lasted me up to 20hrs wear at a time before they start to crease and fade..and that's with me having pretty oily hooded lids, too.

Great product!!!!

This eyeshadow is best used as a base color, it is NOT pigmented enough to be used as a standalone color. I found it worked best with my Sephora emerald green eyeshadow over top of it. This could also be used as an eyeliner as its creamy in the pot but finishes like a powder.

on 1/10/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have not tried out any of the other shades in this collection besides Edgy Emerald, so I understand that my opinion of it may seem biased. It is not an emerald green but more of a pale teal green or a minty green. I did not like the texture at all and found it to be slightly sticky. I tried applying it with a brush, a foam applicator, and my finger. All types of application besides my finger left it very patchy. Even then, I had to keep patting it on my eye to make it stick. The color was smudgy and I still did not like it. The color pay off is lousy.

Having eye shadow that looks like you used greasy Halloween makeup from Party City is just embarrassing. I tried using it as a sort of primer and found a powder shade that was a mint color to apply over it. Still looked lousy to me. I returned it and that was that. On a side note, my friend had the Fierce and Tangy from this line. At the time I thought she was not wearing it right or something because of the patchiness and muted oily color. Nope! I really do blame it on the formula.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

HATED THIS !!! It's a sea foam green with glitter chunks wasn't long lasting nor was it even a fascinating color which says a lot cause sea foam green is one of my favorite colors, literally faded off my lids in minutes. I brought this from Walmart one night & took it back the next day bad to the bronze & rich mahogany are much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this eye shadow! Firstly, I usually never buy drugstore makeup, as I am very finnicky about what I apply to my face. But I saw these and was intrigued so I had to buy. Edgy emerald is a beautiful, sea green (Not dark forest green, but not too light either) with a very subtle shimmer/frost finish. It is deeply pigmented so one layer is enough for me, but if you want it super intense, I have layered it perfectly without it creasing. I have used it with and without primer, and even without primer, it lasts on my lids for a good 7 hours, but starts to fade thereafter. I wear this in conjunction with a copper on my crease and v shape. I love this!

on 6/15/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the last of the 4 beautiful color tattoo shadows that I bought. I loved this color and couldn't wait to try this out. This is very creamy product and it goes on evenly and smoothly. This color was so very sheer though when applying with my finger and i was really disappointed that it doesn't have much more pigment. I used my finger and this is highly blendable that way. This is so easy to work with and I really like the formula. I applied this over an eye primer and white eye shadow base as usual. I also tried this using a liner brush to apply a nice defining line and it worked better for that and the color was very buildable. This is nice for summer though as it is a soft color and looks very beachy. The color name is Edgy Emerald but it looks more like Sea Green to me. It is pretty on my blue eyes. This did not crease, cake up or dry up and flake off. It does not have any glitter or shimmer at all and is a pretty matte shadow. This does stay on and on and on. I put this on at 0500 and at 2230 when I washed it off it was still just as strong and pretty as it was when I applied it. No fading, no smudging, no fallout. I will be happy to use this up this summer!

on 6/10/2013 11:51:00 PM

Love having this color in my makeup collection.
This is the first color tattoo i bought.
It has more of a green color than blue.
It makes your makeup and eyes pop, both eyeliner and shadow looks great.
The brush really picks up the product easily because its so smooth.
It doesn't say its waterproof but it lasts so long if you're going to be in the water.
I went to a water park yesterday and put it on my lower lash and it lasted the whole day, love it!
Since its a cream shadow formula it will last much longer,
The packaging is good, it comes in a small round container, the same as the benefit creaseless shadow/liner.
i plan on getting the other colors.

on 3/26/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So everyone on youtube is just raving on and on about these color tattoos and I decided to give in and grab some. I already have tough as taupe which I love and they didn't have bad to the bronze so I grabbed this one and didn't really expect much. I really love this colour, it is a nice emerald colour which is kinda blueish but more green. I used it as a liner on top of my black liner and it really makes my brown eyes POP! I haven't used this as a all over lid colour but I'm sure it'll be just as beautiful. It goes on very creamy and dries nicely but the only bad thing when I used it as a liner is that I really had to pack it on to get the colour I wanted. It's okay though since it's such a beautiful colour. This product is pretty inexpensive and you do get quite a bit in the container so I say it's worth the buy. I would definitely get this again and recommend it to anyone who wants to have fun with some colour.

on 7/2/2012 11:01:00 PM

I prefer this shade in particular as liner instead of shadow. I find as shadow it applies patchy and unevenly, but as liner it is a great pop of color. I've received many compliments. It lasts long, too, which is great in the hot summer months. The downside is this takes a few layers as liner to get an opaque line.

on 6/20/2012 2:47:00 AM

This product was pretty good. I wouldn't say I am in LOVE with it. I Love the color choices and packaging but the product itself isn't that great. It doesn't last on my eye lids for to long I have to put a primer on and the color fades easily. I try building the color up but it just fades. I still really like this product and I want to try the other colors just wish it would last longer!