August 30, 2014 | 1813 users online

Body Scrubs - brown sugar scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by angelinapink

USE A BROWN SUGAR SCRUB TWICE A WEEK , THEN USE ZICO COCONUT WATER FOR A FACE TONER AND AS A MOISTURIZER, WORKS BETTER THAN OILS OR CREAMS.USE HONEY AS A FACE MASK.60% OF WHAT YOU PUT ON YOUR FACE GOES INTO THE BLOODSTREAM.DONT USE ANYTHING ON YOUR FACE YOU CANT EAT.USE NON TOXIC MAKEUP.SULFATE FREE SHAMPOOS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by heykiddo

Amazing way to remove dead skin cells. Definitely a better option compared to harsh face scrubbing brushes or harsh chemical exfoliants.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by deanolegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great way to get super smooth skin. Natural products rule. Just mix with some EVOO.

Skin is so smooth after using. I prefer on body as m face can be sensitive.

Worth a try as so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

I mixed brown sugar, pink Himalayan salt, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. It is a wonderful full body scrub. I was sick of paying so much for the sugar scrub I was using so I just tried to whip something up with what I had, and it works great. You don't have to use Himalayan salt, I just had some that I hadn't used and it seemed a little exotic and luxurious. I do think some salt is a good idea, though, as it will inhibit bacterial growth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by andytello3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I try to use all organic and natural products on my face and body, with the exception of a few beauty products that i can't live without. One of my favorite home remedies is using brown sugar and creating a whole body scrub that is gentle enough for my face and body. I add about 1/2 cup of brown sugar and combine it with 1 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup honey. It gets all of the dry skin cells off my body and my skin is smooth and even toned after.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap and easy - as many have said - need to make a scrub? Add a teaspoonful or 2 to your bath gel or in-shower moisturizer and scrub away.

Easy to use and rinses down the drain. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please everyone, never spend a fortune on fancy-shmancy scrubs and gimmicky, sweet smelling store bought concoctions ever again. Adding brown sugar to any existing body wash or facial cleanser in your current routine is really all you need for the exact same thing. I keep a tub of this in my shower sealed in a take-out soup container along with a plastic spoon. I simply add a scoop to my Dove body wash and scrub away. This gives me the smoothest, longest lasting shave ever. I add a scoop to my Purpose Gentle Cleanser, dampen my face, and gently scrub to prepare my face for any of my DIY face masks. It's not complicated or fussy, but has given me amazing skin. I hope you try it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mejicochica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all let me say I LOVE brown sugar for exfoliating my body. My skin feels so soft and moisturized after I exfoliate, I urge you to try this! I also get a lot of black heads on my nose, so i mix a little honey and brown sugar together once a week and only scrub my nose (its a bit rough for your entire face). I feel like it makes a difference rather than using the damaging pore strips I used to use.

Heres the recipe I use for my Body scrub:

cup of brown sugar
cup of ground oatmeal
cup of honey some sort of base oil (you can use jojoba, coconut, almond, apricot or even olive oil).
a dash of essential oils (lavender, bergamot, lemon, tea tree, grapefruit, rosemary, vanilla, ylang ylang, etc. whatever works for you). Optional.
Mix the brown sugar, ground oatmeal and honey in a container. Cover the mix with base oil until the sugar is saturated, add a dash of essential oil and it's ready for use.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by stls

I love brown sugar, it's so tasty and mixed with baby oil makes an awesome body scrub too!
I mix these two in a glass jar and keep it in the shower so it's always ready for me. Can be used on wet or dry skin.
I prefer unrefined sugar because the texture is rougher than white sugar and doesn't sting like salt scrub. Also the oil doesn't dissolve sugar so you can keep the mixture in the jar as long as you wish.
Sometimes I add a few drops of fragrance oil from body shop when I feel like using something more aromatic.
Enjoy! Oh, and be careful with the slippery tub!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by jessiejane1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great as a scrub- my skin feels smooth as ever afterwards.

just a tip- THAT WORKS

it can be really harsh on the skin so what i do is i make a mixture using redbush tea( soak the teabag in half a cup of boiling water then just use maybe half of it) then ad the brown sugar to the tea to form a paste,a few tablespoons should do it. Then leave this for an hour or so- the warm water will smooth the sugar grain edges a bit making it smother, easier to apply and massage and much more gently on skin. The red bush tea is packed with loads more anti oxidants than green tea- its also caffine free and does wonders as a toner- it also leavs the skin with an amazing fresh dewy glow!
you can store the mixture in a cool dry place and use it for up to three days- just add a bit of water every day and mix it in, if the mixture is too soft simply add more sugar and or water x ♥

I follow the scrub with my 1% retinol by green cream and 2 or three times a week i use lemon juice applied topically ( to lighten and even out skin tone) i used it originally to get rid of my bad acne scars- it is by far the best treatment for red/ pink/ brown acne scarring- far better than the brands and countless chemical peels i have had.