October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow Eclosion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

As others have mentioned, the glittery champagne color produces a lot of fallout. I've tried different eye shadow primers and setting sprays, and by the end of the day I'll notice glitter on my cheeks and once even on my chin! (My boyfriend even asked if I was trying to emulate an exotic dancer's makeup. GASP.) It's a pity, because it happens to be my favorite color in this quad :(

The other colors are lovely though, and create a very light, fun, summery look. They are easy to blend, apply like a dream, and aren't not too pigmented (this, for me, is a good thing!) so you can build up the intensity as you desire or leave them be very subtle hints of color. I find the purple and peach work really beautifully on their own for a quick everyday look. The finish of these eyeshadows (except the champagne) is velvet smooth, but never dull. Just gorgeous. I believe this will work best on warm skintones.

I won't repurchase, but I'm glad I got this and I will continue to use it up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I saw this back in early 2012 and decided that this would be my Spring/Summer 2012 look and while I did enjoy the colors in this quad, it's not a favorite. The colors are all soft, pretty shimmers that are perfect for the spring and summer but they don't have a whole lot of pigment to them, except for one color. And that color ended up not looking good on me as an eyeshadow, but it did well as a liner with the other colors. I got two looks out of this palette. I used the lightest shade as the base shade, then used either the peachy-pink shade or the neutral tan shade as lid shades. Then I took the dark plummy color and used that as an eyeliner and voila! This palette of shadows did its purpose and gave me a pretty look for the eyes; its just that they weren't as pigmented as I would have liked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most Chanel quads the eyeshadows are not as pigmented as for example Wet N Wild or Urban Decay. Though I can understand that subtlety is what Chanel is going for. The pigmentation is not terrible but "soft".

The colors are very well coordinated in this palette. I have ALOT of eyeshadow but I did not have dupes for every single one of these shadows. Also, the colors are nicely selected to work with one another so for that reason I am keeping this palette.

The standout shade in this palette is the peachy pinkish shade. It has a sheen to it but is not at all shimmery or glittery. It is like a satin finish. It looks amazing on top of MAC's Rubenesque paint pot. This shade would actually make an amazing blush or lipstick or lipgloss that would look fab on pale skin. I could not find a dupe for this shade.
>Urban Decay Snatch is way more metallic with gold glitter. The shade is also lighter. It is more in your face compared to Chanels more subtle fresh glow from Chanel's peach.
>88 Shimmer palette has a peach shade but it is too light and again more shimmery. The finish is completely different.
>I tried duping the peach shade with blush too but couldn't find a good match. Milani Luminoso is too orange, has gold micro pearl, and is not as pigmented as Chanel.

Chanel's quad also comes with a champagne shade with micro glitter (really small--not at all like UD. Very finely milled pearl like a baked mineralized eyeshadow) I don't have issues with fallout if I use a sticky primer like Gosh Eyeshadow sticks or Rubenesque PP. This shade is a bit like the shimmery shades in Dior's quints. I use this as a lid color or an inner corner highlight. It works best with the sponge applicator that comes with the palette. The sponge applicator seems to help minimize fallout.

Warm plum - looks gorgeous paired with the peach as a crease color. It has a satin finish. I use a matte dark brown to deepen the color in the crease.

Medium beigey champagne - I love this as a transition color to blend out the plum. It has a satin finish and would look nice as a lid color too.

The packaging is typical Chanel - very nice and comes with the price tag.

Overall, it's pricey at $57 but since I can't dupe it it's a nice little splurge and brightens and warms up my eyes and face. The color combination is sophisticated and soft. For reference, I'm NC10 in winter, NC15-20 in summer-Asian skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am glad a bought this. I held out for a while thinking I did not need it. But, a friend of mine who works for Chanel talked me into trying it on. I loved it. I wear almost everyday. It makes my green eyes pop. I also mix a little Horizon blush into it. I watched a youtube video on how to wear it. I would buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by MrsRosendale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this quad, its my first Chanel quad after years of Glossimers and it is absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I did like this eyeshadow quad but with all Chanel products, you pay more because you're buying the name too. The packaging is so chic and very good quality. I adore the colours in this quad because they're perfect for spring or any other season and are quite girly colours. My favourite colour was the pale apricot/peachy pink. Of course, these colours don't stand out to be exclusively Chanel so if you think you don't need it, you probably don't. I disliked the glitter eyeshadow, simply because there is a lot of glitter fallout. Chanel, work on your glitters please...

As with this quad, the eyeshadows are not very pigmented. I don't know about other quads but I don't believe Chanel is one to put out highly pigmented eyeshadow and if you want it more pigmented, just pat on the eyeshadow rather than sweep. As for me, I'm one for more sheer eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Lolaire2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few weeks and it's just ok. The colors are beautiful but I'm not sure what to do with the peach color and the lightest shade has too much glitter that transfers on your face even with a good primer. I like it....just don't love it and for the price... It should be loved. For reference I have redish brown hair and olive skin and brown eyes with some green. What I do like about these color is that they are natural and make me look "awake". I use an eye primer and the shadow stays all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This is my first quad from Chanel and I must say Im pleased with the formula, long wearing and very blendable. The colors are very pretty I find that you can wear the light goldish/beige shade as a wash. The colors work well together and look nice on my green eyes and fair/cool skin. I do believe though that this quad will look fantastic on warmer skin tones, but can work on all tones if blended and applied right. Pricey but it's Chanel, I also dont find the colors to be unseen, or I should say rare. Eclosion is a fresh new look for the spring and I will definately be reaching for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by clandis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous! Good pigmentation, blends well. You can do many looks with this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This product is the new quad from Chanel's Spring 2012 collection. When I first laid eyes on it, I had to have it. All four shades are beautiful and are natural colors that will work for anyone. The shades in this quad are: Left top: Peach Pink, Left bottom: Light Beige/Taupe. Right top: Cream and Right bottom: Plum. All shades run warm in tone and they all have a lot shimmer in them. The cream shade has the most sparkles and you can really see them once applied. I would say that none of the colors are all that pigmented which is a slight disappointment (one lipstick off for that). But, what I love most about this quad is that it really makes me look awake. The colors brighten up my face and it is very fitting for spring. All four shades work very beautiful together for a soft pretty look. I wouldn't reach for this quad when I want to make a statement or for a night out though. Overall, a nice sheer pretty quad for everyday wear.