November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Cleansers - Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

This is a nice cleanser and removes makeup really well.

My issues with it are as follows: It is quite expensive. AUD $60 or something like that - ridiculous. But I suppose you do get a lot of product... which brings me to the next problem. The packaging is terrible and I had to mix the product with water and shake so that I could get the product in the bottom of the bottle out (when it was still about 1/4 full!).

Other than the above-mentioned, it really is a good cleanser and it should be more widely available so that I don't have to order online.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Big fan of this. Try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Laski

This is a good basic cleanser - mild, non-irritating, cleanses well without leaving a residue. But I dont see what makes it special compared to other, cheaper brands. So, I wont buy again, because I think there are many similar products for less money on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really lovely cleanser, removes makeup really well, even eye makeup without burning sensation on your eyes whatsoever, my skin isn't left tight at all after cleansing.I also found that it really helped with my irritated and sensitive skin.
This is meant to use with a damp cloth though, that's really important to help remove the makeup. Your hands won't be enough as they will slide on your skin without removing everything because this is a creamy product.

Love it and will definitely repurchase !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by montana9

I bought this cleanser because i read so many positive reviews and because i thought it has the Aha acid, it turned out it has no acids at all. Still, this product is so gentle and leaves the skin so smooth and soft that i loved it from the first use. I like to use this product when i'm breaking out because it calms my skin and leaves it less irritated. It is also good for removing make-up and can be used on the eye area( it doesn't sting so you can open the eyes with no worries, it does blur a bit the vision but it passes as soon as you rinse the face with water,so no big problem). I would recommend this cleanser to everyone with sensible skin or with problematic skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I feel like I'm in the minority here because as much as I wanted this cleanser to work for me, it just didn't.

I had heard such good things about Alpha-H products - my skin is blemish-prone in certain areas but also dehydrated and sensitive. I thought this would be able to balance and somewhat normalise my skin so then I could go in with targeted treatments for specific concerns.

The price is on the higher side - £24 for 200ml. Which isn't extortionate, but isn't exactly budget either. I didn't care for the packaging - I usually like more basic packaging but for some reason I didn't like this - no particular reason just personal preference. But the packaging is fairly durable and I travelled with it without problems, and the pump is hygienic and practical. The only issue - and I find this with most pump products - is that you do end up wasting product when it starts running out and the pump can't reach it all.

The consistency is thin, like a milk. When you add water it emulsifies, but doesn't lather. It felt nice working it into my face and it seemed to clean well - however bear in mind that I didn't use this for makeup removal, so I can't speak for it on that score.

Unfortunately it really irritated my skin. I have no idea why - it contains aloe which is soothing - or what ingredient could have caused it. There is fragrance in it - but at the end of the ingredients list - so I doubt this would have caused a problem, but there was something in it that my skin just did not like. My skin got very red and sore-looking. It didn't feel any different - it was only when I looked in the mirror I got a shock! It seemed to accentuate pores and left my complexion ruddy-looking. I persevered for a few days but it only got better when I stopped using it.

I think the issue is my skin is sensitive in such a way that it's *reactive*. So I get reactions easily from natural products and certain ingredients, but can use topical prescriptions without issue (yeah, it's weird). If your skin is sensitive in the traditional sense that products can be too harsh then maybe this could work. The consistency is really nice and I've passed it on to my mum who's yet to reach a verdict.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Great for problematic or very sensitive skin. I love this cleanser. It is so moisturising that I can often skip moisturiser afterwards, even after a toner. You can use it with or without a warm cloth and you can take it right over your eyes to remove all your make-up. It leaves the skin fresh and not at all tight. Someone commented that it's just a fancy aqueous cream and I agree that the texture is somewhat similar (although it's nowhere near as heavy as aqueous) but that's where the similarities end - the ingredients are not skin-thinning and you can easily use the Balancing cleanser every day. Did I mention I love it? I am easily bored with cleansers but this is one I always have in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Lushness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that there are only a few reviews for this product! This is a total HG cleanser for me; it has done wonders to 'balance' my skin. I first got on the Alpha H bandwagon a couple of years ago, I bought a kit which included the cleanser and the liquid gold. I realised as soon as I started using the cleanser just how lovely it felt on my skin, much like I was massaging moisturiser on my face. It is so gentle but it really does a good job of removing grime and make up sans the stripped feeling. My skin feels supple and hydrated and ready to receive any treatment that I apply next. Like a lot of ladies I did move on as I thought I could find better - wrong! This really works for me, I can see the difference in the way my skin looks and feels when I use other cleansers. I'll continue to use this just as long they continue to produce it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Watchdog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser reminded me so much of washing with Aqueous cream that I felt conned at paying a premium for it. The only positive thing I can say is that it didn't irritate my skin. I had to use a muslin cloth to remove it completely with water as it doesn't rinse easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by karola5

It's a hero. Transformed my combination angry skin into perfectly normal. Can you believe this? Also :
- has no smell - good for sensitive skin
- gives no irritation at all
- clears the skin visibly in 2 weeks
- unclogged the pores on my forehead and nose
- perfect consistency - not too runny, creamy but not oily
- left no residue on the skin
- skin feels calmed and clean and fresh
- one paraben but the whole product is approved by Australian Skin Cancer Association

I love it. I went back to this immediately after I change the cleanser just because. it was bad idea.
But I swear they have the ugliest packaging ever :) But it doesn't matter as long as it works miracles.