November 27, 2014 | 1395 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer powder Rose Diamond

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amber Diamond/Rose Diamond? Amber Diamond/Rose Diamond? I agonized for weeks over which one to get and finally (and wisely, given my colouring) settled on Rose Diamond. So beautiful and so versatile. I can swish all the shades together for a beautiful, almost candle-lit glow on my cheekbones and the other planes of my face that I want to highlight. Or I can use the different "stripes" on their own for a different type of look. It's such a pretty look for a night out with hubby and with the holiday season coming, I can see using this quite a lot. And maybe I'm blind to the end result but I find that applied lightly with a big, fluffy brush, this can work quite nicely all over the face as a luminizing powder (maybe I look like a disco ball but, to be honest, I don't see it!) Come summer, I might just break down and get Amber Diamond but I'll have to try it out in store first because I fear that on me, it might look a bit muddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by saso5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love love love this product it is expensive but really it worth every penny if you are looking for a highlighter which will give you a healthy look so dont hesitate to buy it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this highlighter and, although pricy, it is definitely worth it. After I finish putting on my makeup, I sometimes feel that something is missing and that I don't look and therefore feel that great. As a girl, that does awful things for my self esteem, especially if I'm going out somewhere where I'll be meeting many people. At that moment I just sweep this on my cheekbones, my forehead and nose bridge and BOOM, I look 50 million times better. I don't know how to explain it, but this highlighter really finishes up your look and kind of binds all your make up together to make you look absolutely amazing. It gives you the 'hollywood glow'.

A word of caution though for those of you who buy this highlighter instead of the Amber Diamond because you think this can also be used as a blush (but maybe that was just me). This does not double up as a blush. The colour's far too sheer so please don't worry about the pink showing up as pink on your skin. The highlighter is more like tiny, tiny, tiny speckles of glitter on your face. I HATE glitter in makeup - in my lipsticks, lipglosses, blushes and highlighters, but this glitter is sooo small, it just looks like a beautiful sheen on your face.

edit: and another warning. This is NOT travel friendly. I'm currently crying as this highlighter has come with me on a few journeys too many and so is currently very cracked/broken and sitting on my dresser table.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I have both this and Ambre Diamond which really is not necessary.
I like Rose better because I can use darkest rose stripes over pink/ rose blushes either toning down or giving some umph. There is just right amount of shimmer, but I have to check in daylight. When I apply indoors in front of make-up mirror in different lightenings shimmer doesn`t show up much. I use fan brush, BM tapered blush brush (very small) or Lancome petit 21 brush. Colours of ambre in particular I have used as eyeshadows. I haven`t used all over face because of the shimmer. I love Clarins 3D radiance powder (LE) for that; subtle glow.
These are my 1st HE, expensive hightlighters and I can see them lasting for years! Before I used Elfs Gotta Glow and there`s no comparision. Now I know what a good highlighter is all about:)