September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Grenat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Joline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube what says enough about my love for this. I love several eyeliners from other brands as well but this one is really exceptional in terms of color pay-off and staying power. The color is a mixture of red-wine burgundy and some very slight shimmer which looks very pretty with blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it mentioned in an Allure article. Something about making blue eyes bluer, I believe.
So I popped over to Nordies and bought it. Yes, I think maybe it makes my eyes look a bit bluer, but really, the best thing is the staying power.Like no other eye pencil I use. Yes, it's worth the price. The burgandy/redness really doesn't show up on me. Comes accross as a neutral, brownish color.
I'll be buying more colors for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by marija55

This pencil is a perfect. The color is a reddish-brown! Stays on eye all day. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was released with the Spring 2012 collection, but I think it's going to be a permanent piece. I had purchased it on chanel.com without trying it first simply because the idea of a garnet sounded exotic and interesting. While the color is beautiful, it's also hard to actually wear. In the tube and swatched on my hand it looks stunning. However, I look like I haven't had sleep in three days when I wear it around my eyes.

It's a dark wine color, something in the plummy/burgundy family. There's a lot of red tone to this, and depending on the light it either looks like a ruddy dark brown, or a red-plum. I think this is where the color goes wrong for me. If it was more of a pure shade it would work better for my pale skin tone. But this always looks muddled and too subdued of a "garnet" color to appear fresh. The metallic finish and the subtle shimmer is really nice, and it gives the color a little glint. I can't even imagine how awful this would look if it was matte.

I tried wearing this a few times and my eyes only appeared irritated and exhausted. Also, it seemed to enhance the cool undertones in my skin, so my undereye circles stood out even with concealer. I don't have dark circles to begin with so this was unusual. The only way I've found that I can use it is by layering it over a black eyeliner.

The formula works well on me and lasts until I remove it. No fading, smudging, or migrating. It has a soft texture so it glides on easily, but is still firm enough to create a precise line. Very good pigmentationo too so you can get a true, opaque color in one layer. In theory (and in a swatch) this color is really lovely. For these reasons I'm giving it 3 lippies, but I wouldn't repurchase.