September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the shade 100 Ivory which is the palest that I can buy here in the Czech Republic. I really don't think that is should be the palest - my skin is pale, but not that much. I use it in the wintertime, it has dewy finish and pinky undertone. The smell is amazing, it lasts for a couple of hours but you really need to fix it and use a primer if you want it to last for a longer time. And it has glitter in it, which might be a problem for someone - but it works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by gl1ttercake

I've used this a few times since I got it. I have the shades Ivory and True Ivory (mixed together in winter, True Ivory on its own in spring/summer).

As I write this, I put this on at 10:30 AM today, and here I am at 8:30 PM, and it still looks fairly good. I could touch up if I wanted to, but it looks just fine as is. I wore it over Mecca Cosmetica's "To Save Face", which is a broad-spectrum physical moisturising sunscreen.

I have combination-oily skin that is experiencing some dryness lately due to the Australian winter. This could cling to dry patches, but I didn't really see it crack on my slight dryness around my nose. I am MAC NW20 (I reckon I'm really NC20, but I did get matched by separate MUAs) and NARS Deauville, with fair to light skin that has a neutral blend of pink and yellow tones.

Some people might be turned off by the sparkle, but I quite like it. Given the SPF 15 in it, I wouldn't wear this out at night as it might have a white cast. I didn't previously think Rimmel was much chop for anything except lip liners, but this foundation is pretty much a home run.

Packaging: I like the orange accents, but the cap doesn't stay on. Don't pick it up just by the cap as this is a glass bottle, folks! It's also too tall to stand in my makeup drawer, so I leave the cap off.

Shade Selection: Ivory is pretty pale, so the PPP crowd is catered for (Rimmel being an English brand, they'd have to have some pale shades!), but I wouldn't say the selection is that great for darker-skinned ladies.

Price: I think I paid $13.00 AUD at Target when it was on sale. It's normally $19.95 or so, a little cheaper than Maybelline and CoverGirl tend to be here, and much cheaper than Revlon, L'Oreal and Max Factor.

Would I buy it again? Perhaps. I love trying the latest and greatest foundations, but this one was quite lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, I bought it as a little "skin enhancer" for when I had my good skin days when I was at sail camp. my skin is VERY reactive and acne prone while also having an oily t zone. here's my review! pros: -lightweight -smells WONDERFUL -leaves my skin glowing -not heavy -has a pump (which did make it more expensive in canada) -lasted through 8hrs of sweating and physical activity cons: -COLOUR SELECTION •I got really tanned and the darkest shade is too light for my summer colour all in all, I really like this foundation. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by meghanbeasley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have extremely dry skin so I have to use water based foundations. When I first bought this I wasn't too fond of it but I've grown to love it and have been able to make it work for my skin. I used the MAC Face and Body foundation for a while but it is pretty expensive so I turned to this. It covers everything I want, I have a lot of redness around my cheeks and nose, and it leaves my skin looking dewy! I have the matching concealer as well but I prefer the foundation more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by amyjohn

I haven't used drugstore make up in about 20 years and I have to say I'm now a convert. I would say this is comparable to nars sheer glow but at less than 1/3 of the price. I would recommend finger application for a natural finish. I actually find it long lasting, especially if used with a serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Katie97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product i come out with a lot of blemishes and this product covers them up so easily it also look pretty flawless and so natural its matte as well which is also brilliant if u have oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I was initially hesitant to purchase this foundation because it seemed to have sparkles in it - which is the last thing I want with my normal to oily combo skin. However, I have not had any issues with sparkles or glitter! This foundation has a nice dewy finish. I use a primer and MAC powder to set this, and the lasting power has actually been really good for me - despite other reviews. The colour range is not bad. It does not feel overly greasy. I like the smell and the packaging is really good. The coverage is quite good - medium and build-able. Would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Chloeelliex

I love this foundation it's now a staple in my daily makeup routine it's very simple shimmer it has it amazing it makes you look more awake. I got this on offer for £6 but I have seen it in superdrug for around £8/£9 which is one of rimmels more expensive foundations but I love it and totally recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by zouie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It'd probably be the best foundation in a history of foundations for me if it did not get me oily throughout the day. The smell is very light and fresh, the color is perfect (rather for darker types i guess), coverage is medium and I looove the sparks it leaves on your skin. Too bad it is just rather shiny so not very suitable for oily skin like mine. It lasts me around 2 hours only and then my skin is oily, even when I use a mattifying primer and set it all with powder. I wish I had normal skin, because then I would be so obssesed with this and would never change it with any other drugstore foundation. So in conclusion, if you have normal/dry skin this foundation is made for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by missvioletpurple

It's easy to apply, gives a radiant,dewy finish because of the shimmer, stays on for about 4-6 hours bearing in mind that I live in a country with very humid weather. I just wish they have more colors for asian skin.