December 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by danibx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Good coverage, good price.
I find this product is very easy to blend in and gives a smooth consistent finish across the face.
Stays on fairly long and doesn't clog which is fab.
Great packaging.
I also find the shades very good as I have 2 perfect shades for when i have and when i dont have a tan.
Lovely:-) x

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Sarahohalloran3

Good coverage. Blends easily. Smooth finish. Tends to dry into skin, especially around the nose and chin. Doesn't last as long as I hoped.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Dkaterina

Really like this foundation. It's light and it creates a nice complexion on the skin. Just warning people that this is a bit shimmery so if you are against shine I would stay away!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I really love this foundation!

Like the concealer in the 'Wake Me Up' range it feels so light and fresh to apply and I really like the feeling that my skin can breathe underneath it as I can't stand that 'mask' like feeling some heavy foundations give.

Coverage is a medium I would say although I think it's buildable!

The shade range is really decent for a drugstore foundation and the glow this gives my skin is just beautiful! I love this most purely for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Dollface02501

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is mye least favorite rimmel foubdation. But its still a good foundation i just dont reach for it as mutch as my other rimmel foundations. But when i use it its gives a nice glow og good lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Colourpop

I tried this out today, I have combination skin but sometimes I don't want to be matte, I want to glow! I have read reviews about the 'sparkle' in the product which worried me slightly (the now discontinued Mac mineralize liquid foundation was a jar of liquid glitter) but realistically if you want to look 'dewy' or have that sheen that celebrities have then it is likely some kind of luminous particles or highlighter will be present in your foundation. I put this on at 7 am and it was still doing pretty good by 3pm. Of course I was looking a bit shiny then but I have combination skin so I expect that. It applies really well, the yellow undertone suits my skin and the sparkle is not really noticeable in these winter months. It did give me a nice glow and I looked more refreshed than usual. I will always love Estee Lauder Doublewear Light but for a high street foundation this is pretty good. It is fairly sheer so I will try a slightly thicker application tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kittenstein

I seriously love this foundation. Its so cheap especially since it is on sale a lot of the time. It has a really nice colouring range for people with yellow toned skin like myself and is extremely easy to blend. I really like that it has sparkles in it because it gives my skin a healthy glow which I much prefer to matt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This foundation regardless of price point is an excellent purchase. I've tried this foundation a few times before but recently fell right back in love with it. The most recent bottle I purchased was $10.59 CAD (on sale, regular price $12.99) which is amazing given that drugstore foundation in Canada usually runs within the $15-$22 dollar price range. The foundation does not come in many shades unfortunately and therefore does not accommodate skin that is very dark or very pale (ie, my skin in winter) which is the biggest downside. The foundation provides medium coverage on my skin which has a bit of redness and a few spots and is able to cover up all of the redness and most of the acne with little help from concealer. Since the foundation is called "Wake Me Up" it is intended to give a very radiant effect which it does beautifully. The foundation contains shimmer but it is incredibly subtle and will not appear when you have the makeup on (ie, under no circumstances will you look like a disco ball). The foundation itself seems to have a satin finish and the shimmer adds the luminosity which gives the effect of having mixed a bit of highlighter into a regular foundation. Unlike most 'glowy' foundations, this one is luminous, NOT dewy. Dewy foundations give the face a wet look in my opinion whereas this just looks like well, you got a really good nights sleep! For the most part my skin is normal but it does have quite a few dry patches and this foundation does not accentuate them which is essential. I can cover up acne if needed but there is just no way to make the majority of foundations sit nicely on dry patches and this would be one that does. I apply this foundation after toning and moisturizing my skin in the morning with my Real Techniques buffing face brush and I use downward strokes until it is completely blended which doesn't take long. The foundation does something that not a lot do which is that it blurs imperfections which I think may be a result of the shimmer. On my skin without powder and primer, this foundation lasts about 10 hours provided that I blot my skin every 3-4 hours to remove excess oil from melting my makeup off and my blush is still there at the end of it all. One of my favourite foundations of all time is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and this Rimmel one seems to be winning my affection at the moment! A potential downside of this foundation may be that it is scented which isn't very helpful for those with sensitive skin and if you're one of those people, the Silk Creme Foundation though quite expensive will probably accommodate you much better in that department. All in all, I love this foundation to death. If someone threw this foundation in a YSL bottle and gave it to me, I would have no trouble believing that it was a high end product. Regardless of whether or not it is in your budget to buy luxury brand makeup, if you're looking for a foundation that provides your skin with a natural but flawless and luminous effect, you have to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mathildarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation for everyday wear when I want medium coverage. I apply one pump with my hands all over my face, as I love the finish you can get by simply using your hands to apply a product! I will generally apply two layers (one pump each time) unless I'm having a particularly good skin day, which is rare.

The foundation has a nice, slightly dewy finish that I would love to be able to keep for the day, but due to the oiliness of my T-zone, I always powder my face after applying foundation. The foundation is reasonably long-lasting (fine for a 6-hour day) and would look great on drier skin without a powder.

The consistency is thicker than I usually like (as I usually apply foundation with my hands I like it to have a thinner consistency merely for ease of application) yet it doesn't actually make application difficult and the product is very easy to blend and does not dry/sink in too fast on my skin.

In some bright lights the sparkles that the foundation contains (in order to 'wake you up') are very visible, yet are generally unseen and I haven't found them to be a problem.

The bottle is a nice shape and comes with a pump here in Australia, which is always great! As I generally only buy any product on sale I think I picked this one up for around $12 at Priceline, which seems like great value for such an impressive product.

The foundation lasts all day (set with powder) and the shade is a really great match for my skin. I have it in shade 200 Soft Beige.

Overall, a great product that is definitely worth a try, particularly in warmer months as it can add a lovely dewy look that is perfect for Spring/Summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by EmmaHarrison3

My other review cut off so here's the full one! By far my favourite foundation I have purchased from the drugstore due to Youtubers raving about it. It was £8.99 (superdrug) and to me that is a little pricey but you get your money's worth. The packaging is brilliant because it makes it look more expensive than it actually is. The glass bottle is sophisticated, and the orange colour makes me feel awake and alive! The slight dip of the bottle gives off a feminine edge and the pump is fantastic so your don't waste product. I also love that the side of the bottle has 'Rimmel London' moulded into the glass and the smell is AMAZING!!! (If that's something you look for in a foundation.) The product itself does what it says on the tin due to the anti-fatigue effect and the radiant glow and the vitamin moisturising complex (back and front of bottle) which gives my skin the boost it needs in the morning. The coverage is light-medium and is not cakey at all and also stays on my skin very silky smooth but does feel slightly sticky before being powdered over. The foundation stays put about 4-6 hours. It has a slight shimmer to it from the outside but it does not transfer to the skin. Overall brilliant❤!!!!