November 23, 2014 | 2056 users online

Polishes - OPI - Animalistic

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by snehahk11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for an amazing Christmas-like nail polish and when i went into the store, i saw this nail polish and it immediately caught my eye because of its very pretty and subtle shimmer which just makes it look so perfect! you can stop at 1 coat but i like putting on 2 coats because the second coat intensifies it and it looks gorgeous... the only thing that gets on my nerves is that where i'm from, O.P.I nail polishes are SUPER EXPENSIVE... one (over here) is around 60 ringgit which in the states is around $20 which isn't that bad but i just wish the prices of the polishes here were cheaper because (at least this one) is VERY VERY GOOD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this glass fleck red. in the bottle I see more pink shimmer than I do on my nail. I see a true beautiful Christmas red on my nails. I did 3 coats of polish, because I kept seeing some VNL. I still see some VNL but in certain lights the shimmer drowns it out. I bought this when it came out but haven't worn it til now. The polish applied easily. I am not a fan of the pro-wide brush, I have narrow nail beds so no matter how careful I am with certain nails I always end up with polish on my skin.
I am absolutely in love with the glass fleck shimmer in this polish. I keep staring at my nails. I am usually not a huge red fan but when I wear a good one I love it. This is a good red. I am glad I bought it, I'd buy again if I ever ran out... but with the many polishes I have I doubt that will ever happen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Even though it's a strong colour it's very versatile. I can wear it over orange, red or hot-pink nailpolish and it looks great (and different!). Perfect for summer!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This nail polish is beautiful! It's like a creamy red but with gold and pink shimmers, and I think it's a great summer color. I got this at winners for $7 which is not bad. With this polish you will need to put 2 coats. Overall this is a great polish and I think will look good on anybody, and I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Funny how this color looks different on everyone! On me it's more of a coral-y red, more coral than red. Nice shimmer in it though. I don't find it to be over the top at all, red is classic, how can it be too much? And Animal is my favorite Muppet, so how could I resist! LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by rosesarered23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great color. I found a salon still carrying the Muppet colors a while ago and picked this up. Depending on the light it'll lean more pink or more orange, and the glitter is beautiful. It goes on smoothly and despite all the glitter comes off easily with acetone. I'm in love! I'm going to end up going through the whole bottle in no time if I'm not careful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I was excited to hear about the Muppet collection from the start but this was a shade that I almost passed on. In the bottle it looks like any other orange-red with a shimmer and, honestly, not very special. I am so glad I bought this! This has a warm component to it, almost a golden shimmer, and looks orange-red with my skin tone. This whole line of polishes goes on like butter and this shade covered well in two thin coats. I used Orly Bonder as a base and Seche Vite as a top coat. This wore two days with no chips or tip wear whatsoever. Some may think this is an over the top red, even the name "Animalistic" gives it a wild character but I found it almost a neutral red on me. It is a very classic color which made it look not so garrish and just plain pretty on my shortish, squared off oval nails. After wearing two days I topped this with a glittery polish that sets it off a little more, giving it a bit more glitz with some bar glitter and scattered gold based microglitter. This formula is wearing like iron and I feel will stay until I remove it. Animalistic will stay in my monthly rotation as it is a gorgeous red and deserves to be used and admired. "Thumbs up" to OPI for making this collection!
Addition: After I wore this beautiful polish, my nails were stained orange very badly despite using good strengthener and base coat, so two coats under the color... not a huge deal because I just painted them again but beware to those of you who don't always paint your nails. This highly pigmented polish will stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Animalistic looks much redder in the bottle than it does on your nails. On the nail, it's a shimmery, deep-hot pink. Very bright, almost a foil. At first I was disappointed that it wasn't more of a red tone, but then I realized that this will be awesome on toes in the summer. It had good coverage in two coats.