October 31, 2014 | 1566 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Under Your Spell 216A

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So yes, my first try with WnW's nail polish after I read about how awesome it was on here so I had to have it. Due to lack of availability in any drugstores in my area(booo!), I got it from drugstore.com online for $2.30, although I'm sure this is a sale price and not the original price I paid which was $3, I believe- I can't remember. Anyway, its a nice, deep, rich, dark burgundy color with what appears to be a gold sheen, which was more visible in the sunlight than in regular light. It appears to look almost black in the bottle, but I assure you, it's just a very dark red. Ok, so I needed more than one coat, but the wide brush made it hassle-free to deal with, so I felt confident that it would evenly brush over every nail and I wouldn't worry about any unpainted spaces that I'm used to. Bless WnW for that much. I would say 3 days in, it began to chip- bummer, but for under $5 you're not getting OPI or any other high end nail polish here. However for the price, beautiful color itself and that awesome brush, it's worth it. I will be getting more colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This polish is the colour of my soul. It's a very dark grey, but not black, with tons (but extremely small) of red shimmer. So, I used to detest dark polishes a couple years ago and only wore pinks and purples and blues and greens, until I was in Wal-Mart one day looking for a nice polish. I came across this one and though, "Wow, this is a nice colour for my TOES in the WINTER!". And that's what I did. Fast-forward to this year and I don't wear nail polish, like, at all, let alone pink! Autumn is here (almost, but I have already made a transition) and I have not stopped wearing this one on my fingers! It last a good while even after washing the dishes without gloves! It's very flattering on a pale olive complexion like mine. Highly recommend for autumn and winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

This is one I might buy again. Under Your Spell is a pretty polish with red shimmer in a black base. It takes about 2-3 coats to get it just right. It did chip about a day faster than normal polishes on me (about 2 1/2 days compared to the normal 3 1/2 - 4).

This polish is pretty and is great for the price. Just make sure to wear a good topcoat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Longnails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This polish was pleasant surprise! I just remembered I bought it and decided to use it...when I first put it on I was like WTH!! It looked like watered down soot! But the payoff is when you apply the 2nd and 3rd coats! Beautiful color , surprisingly high gloss! Quick drying time!
I know alot of you will be put off by the fact of applying 2 or 3 coats but its Wet and Wild what do
expect? But this color is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Lynn97

Love this!! It's horrible by itself, but if you use an opaque quick during black polish (Sally Hansen is the bomb), and then apply ONLY ONE COAT of Under Your Spell it looks perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I really wanted to like this nail polish, but the fact that I had to apply 3 coats was a pain. It took a long time to dry as well, not sure if mine was a defective batch or something. Even with Essie's good to go, it hadn't FULLY dried in over 6 hours. I woke up the next day with marks on my nails...so definitely not going to buy another one. The color looks very pretty in the bottle, but to get that same color on your nails, you would have to apply a lot of coats since its very thin in texture. The first coat applies a thin black color, the second one looks a little better and the third coat fixes everything. Application was a bit streaky. However, the wide brush makes it easy to paint all your nails fairly quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great dupe for sephora by opi - "im with brad" but much thinner. as stated, it takes at least 2-3 coates for opacity. brush is easy to use, dries fairly quickly, lasting power is suprisingly good for a 2$ polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by paradox13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

love this black based polish that has tiny red shimmer. it almost looks burgundy from far. On my tan skin tone , its beautiful in winter.

The polish is free of toluene, phthalate, and formaldehyde - not many drugstore polishes are formulated this way.

You would definitely need two coats of this polish. The first coat is streaky and muddy - but the second coat makes it all better. The polish dries fairly fast and leaves a shiny finish (without a topcoat) The big flat brush makes it easy to paint your nails. It wears fairly well too- lasted for 3 days without chipping.

Big fan of this color and the polish quality. Running to the store to get more colors

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I love this polish! I like many in the Mega Last line from Wet 'n' Wild, this is a current favorite. Its a very deep and unusual red. It appears a dark burgundy in the bottle, with some shimmer. However on my nails its a deep red that flashes a little black, I have never seen any other color like it. Its very shiny, looks very chic with a somewhat metallic finish. Up close and in brighter light you see the gorgeous shimmery red base better.
It makes my nails look very "done," as if I put in more time and care than I actually did.

You need two coats as one is ghastly and in no way indicative of the final outcome you will get when using 2 or 3 coats. With one coat I get a streaky, very sheer awful color that is almost a sheer black green! Crazy because with one more coat you get this gorgeous, would love a car in this full of depth, deep, deep red with subtle but somehow very glowy, shimmer. I like 3 coats but honestly 2 are more than sufficient with no streaking upon that application, and opaque coverage. Its also quite shiny on its own though I love the top coat "Out The Door," on top. The finish is so smooth and the look so sophisticated! I don't know if it's a limited edition or not. I got it late fall and thought it was another WnW megalast in a dark burgundy that I also own. However going through some polishes I realized it wasn't the same and that I had never tried it. Wearing it this weekend I just love it! I find Mega Last polishes to last quite well and also dry fairly quickly even without using a fast dry top coat. I feel like this polish lends an air of sophistication, without breaking the bank or exerting much effort.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No