Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Tutti Frutti

4.2

on 3/7/2015 4:35:00 PM

I really loved the color of this product. it is very orange but I think it brightens up my face. The price was average and it wears for an hour or two before I have to reapply. What I don't like is the feel of it. It's kind of sticky and a bit too shiny for me, but it's not too awful, I just probably won't buy others of these. A good in-between lipstick and lip gloss more than a balm

on 7/27/2014 7:48:00 PM

Lovely reddish-coral, perfect for summer. Not too light or dark, very wearable. Juicy Papaya was too light for me--this shows up more. PS--The first photo is not accurate at all--looks yellow!

on 7/20/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Such a fun name! RLB TF is a happy hybrid of orange, pink and some red. It is such a lovely alternative to the classic bright red lip. I absolutely adore this shade for spring and summer, and I think it looks great when I wear a predominantly black, white and/or denim outfit. As with the usual RLB formulation, it feels smooth and comfortable to wear, and does not leave my lips feeling dry. It lasts for around 2 hours if I do not eat or talk much. Its longevity is alright but honestly as with all lip products, I do not mind reapplying them as long as they do not disappear after thirty minutes or so - that is ridiculous, for me!

I love RLB TF. It is such a fantastic drugstore lip product - the formulation alone, for its price, puts CHANEL RCS to shame.

on 5/14/2014 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the lip butters when I first discovered them and bought 6. Tutti Frutti was one of them. I like this colour, the previous reviewer said it well; pigmented enough to show nicely but sheer enough to still be conservative and not crazy. The price at 9 canadian dollars was meh, 6 on sale was still kinda meh for what you're getting, since I've become interested in buying cosmetics free of poisons and carcinogens. I'd rather buy the more expensive Bite lippies in future but I won't throw these out, I'll use them up eventually.

on 5/14/2014 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is my 3rd purchase in this range so I am obviously a keen Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter fan. Once again, these butters glide on smoothly and don't dry my lips out.
I am loving orange shades at the moment but finding most of my collection too bright for work, so this one in particular works perfectly for me as it is pigmented enough to show colour, but sheer enough to still be conservative while at work. Lasting power is actually pretty good, keeping in mind it does not claim to have long lasting qualities.
I find this range to be a little too pricey for my liking so I only purchase these as they come on sale. (usually $25 here in Aus but have picked them up for $10 each on sale.)
Also, the displays and testers of these lip butters are always melted and messed up so it will be interesting to see if they last in Summer, especially having noted a couple reviews mentioning melting issues.

on 4/24/2014 2:25:00 PM

My first orange lipstick ever, Tutti Frutti is a gorgeous red orange color. It is totally wearable because it is sheer. Love the lip butter formula-soft and creamy. Does not dry out my lips.

This is the only orange-y lipstick that looks good on me. I bought it on a whim, almost waiting to be disappointed in the color, but ended up being amazed at how well it works with my pale skin! Gorgeous color that I rocked on a regular basis last Summer, and I will most certainly rock it again this Summer! :)

The Revlon Lip Butters are some of my favorite lip products ever: They feel good on the lips, they don't dry out my lips, they have a decent amount of pigmentation, and they seem to be "low-maintenance" to me. I feel like I can put these lip products on without using a mirror. They may not last a really long time (they tend to rub off if I'm eating dinner, or something), but they're so easy to work with that I don't mind it. These are the lipsticks that I unexpectedly reach for the most. Tutti Frutti is no exception!

on 12/28/2013 12:25:00 PM

Gorgeous colour. Looks really good with my fair skin and I wish I had it sooner. My first orange-y shade but it really does look great.

on 12/9/2013 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i would buy this again for the formula but this color just didnt work for me. im surprised because i am nc42 and i can pull off most bright colors. this was just too milky, patchy and the wrong shade of orange on my pigmented lips-was not flattering at all. returned! 2 lippies for being buttery and smooth.

on 9/20/2013 9:46:00 PM

Another so-so lip butter. I like the packaging, and of course the texture is PERFECT - moisturizing but not greasy or slippery. It has some stick to it, and I mean that in a good way. My problem with this one is the colour. It looks really cute in the tube but once on my lips there's a certain milkiness to it that gives it a very artificial quality. I almost feel like it turns neon on my lips, and not in a good way. As such, I can only wear a light layer of this - any more than that and I'm veering into old-lady lips with this colour. I don't hate this but would not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks