Revlon Colorstay in Bare Bones

3.8

on 6/27/2015 6:45:00 PM

I'm not really seeing what people are saying about the formula. It went on my nails beautifully in two coats. Have had it on for three days with zero chipping. Probably my favorite nail polish I own and I found it at the Dollar Tree. Wasn't streaky or runny in the slightest. Perfectly opaque. Beautiful with a gold accent nail. Love it!

on 9/29/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Scored a deal and got this for $1.99 in the clearance bin. I'm of two minds about the color - part of me really likes it but I also see a grayish/lavenderish undertone in some lights that is NOT flattering to my fair skin tone. Also, I don't really like the applicator brush because it's too full and makes for a messy mani on me. Haven't had a problem with chips and couldn't beat the price.

on 7/29/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love the color, hate the formula. It's runny and it chips and wears off within one day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I strayed away from this line of nail polish only because I had a bad experience with another shade In the past. (Forgot the name; it was a navy blue color. I hated the formula because I found it too thick and goopy). I thought this shade was gorgeous so I decided to pick it up anyways. I love it!! Color reminds me of Essie's sand tropez except this polish is more of a khaki beige yellow tone whereas "sand tropez" is more of a khaki beige with a gray undertone. Formula was a bit runny and two coats made this color opaque. This polish lasted for about 5 days but that is because of my awesome 2 coats of seche vite. This color is very neutral yet classy and polished. Definitely would repurchase!! :)

on 3/26/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color, but I am not a fan of the formula. Nice neutral color that reminds me of beige khaki pants and I've gotten a few compliments when I wear it. I think the formula is a little hard to work with. It takes me abt 3 coats to get decent coverage, and still requires a top coat to even out the surface. Despite being called "Colorstay", I don't think this wears any longer than other nail polishes (I did wear bc and tc, but not the one from their line). For regular price, it is not worth it, but if you like the color and if it's on super sale, then sure.

on 3/8/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the brush on the Revlon Colorstay Polishes. It's wide and rounded, which makes getting verrrry close to your cuticle super easy.

This was a neutral color that looked a lot like khaki on my nails. It's a pretty neutral for the office or day-to-day wear.
Took about 3 coats for full opacity.

I didn't dislike it, but it would not be something I would buy again.

on 3/3/2013 4:54:00 PM

This is a beautiful neutral for my olive skin. Works great if you tend to wear silver jewelry. It looks so great on me that I usually buy two bottles because I noticed that it tends to sell out!

I use Essie's "Rock solid" as the base coat, then two coats of the "Bare Bones" color. It does take some time to dry so I recommence letting the first coat dry completely, then do the second coat and let that completely also. I top it off with "Out the Door" by inm which seals in the gloss. I wait about 5 minutes and then I run my nails under freezing cold water. This hardens up the polish.

This usually last me a good 7 days before I see chips. The other Colorstay colors I use are "Rich Raspberry," "Stormy Night," and "Natural Tan." They all look beautiful and I get quite a few compliments on the polish - this is a great nail enamel!

I don't really care what the packaging looks like, I'm all for simplicity. Besides, I just want a great product. If it's wonderful could not care less what the bottle looks like.

on 11/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been looking for this color for so long! The brush is amazing, application is great - opaque in 2-3 coats. And staying power is amazing too! Minimal fading and chipping after the 6th day (with base and top coat, although I use The Face Shop's) just in time for me to change polishes. The price is just right. Love this with all my heart!

on 8/22/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a really lovely nude color that goes great with my skintone. I love the color in the bottle and I love the color on my nails. It's not really all that unique though, and I bet I could find a dupe because...

This polish stinks! It literally smells like goat cheese. Revlon ColorStay polish takes forever to completely dry (I've seen people say they got dents after 48 hours!) so the smell just lingers and lingers.

I went out to a concert tonight and was self-conscious the whole time about the smell of my nails. I don't know if I might have just gotten a rancid bottle, but... wow. This polish will really have to last a long time for me to consider wearing it again any time soon.

EDIT: Turns out, it was the base coat that smelled so bad. The thing though, is that the base and top coat really do make polishes last forever without chipping, so it's worth it.

on 7/29/2012 2:20:00 AM

I bought this nail polish because the colour looked perfect. I adore nude and not so bold but opaque nail colours. The problem was that it never dried. It dried on the top, but it didn't harden and dents could be made at the slightest touch and the polish could be scraped off with no difficulty. The colour was really nice.

Popular Polishes