October 23, 2014 | 1961 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Whimsical 430

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do really like this polish, but I can't give it a full five. The formula is tricky, and I would never take the time to wear it alone. I've built it up past four coats and still had visible nail lines. It does make a cute top coat, and I would definitely recommend it as one. If you like your nails opaque, I would not even try building this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by manduh

I got this polish at a warehouse sale for super cheap. I loved the colour and immediately knew I would be using it on top of a base coat. I haven't even tried it on its own but I would imagine it would take many coats to achieve the bottle colour and probably be more annoying than anything. But over a solid shade it is gorgeous. It goes on relatively clear with a slight turquoise tinge with small and larger pink and blue sparkles. Some nails will pick up only a few sparkles while some will have many, but I like that look. Could be frustrating for people who want dense sparkles on each nail though. So far my favourite polish to wear this with is revlon angelic 141 which is a soft pink. I only need one coat of whimsical over top and it gives a great spring look that lasts up to a week without chipping. I can't wait to try this with some other colours. I wish I picked up a second bottle because I can already tell it is going to become a favourite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whimsical is a polish that caught my eye mostly because it wasn't like anything else on the store shelves. A pale blue jelly with blue and pink hexagons and blue microglitters suspended throughout. I got this because it was unusual and far from boring and found out later that this is a dupe for much pricier Deborah Lippman's Glitter In The Air polish. This will not come out of the bottle looking fab though and after some trial and error this works best as a layering polish with a similar shade polish beneath as undies. I tried this on it's own with several layers and no undercoat and overall it looked dirty and not very pretty. Then I popped this over a base coat of a baby blue creme and only 1 layer of this glitter and I fell in love with this gorgeous polish! This is a great spring polish and it reminds me of Easter with the little glitter specks in it. It looks like those speckled candy malted chocolate bird eggs that are available around Easter time. This is a really pretty polish and I am glad I figured out to layer it over a solid similar colored base because on it's own this isn't the best and I didn't like it with the dirty look and the visible nail line. The application on this is dab and stroke, but mostly stroke and it's easier to use than most glitters that are blob and spread. Placement of the glitters is they land where they land so some nails got quite a bit more than others but even with the nails that had few hexagons what microsparkle did land there was pretty and I actually preferred the nails that had less of the bigger pieces than I did the ones that had an abundance. All in all, this is one great polish once I figured out how it performed best and that is not straight out of the bottle. I would definitely repurchase this beauty!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did not work for me. Barely any glitter gets on your nails. This had a faint green hue and did not look good with my golden skin tone. I tried this on it's own and over white polish. I think this polish might look good over green or blue nail polish but I am going to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by whimsicaldreamz

Absolutely my FAVORITE polish, I use one coat of China Glaze Moonlight,3 coats of Whimsical then one more coat of Moonlight for a beutiful, jelly sandwich!! This polish lasts for at least 5 days without chipping!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a light, murky green jelly polish with small & medium pink & blue metallic holo glitter. It's translucent after 4 coats, easily showing VNL, but it has an interesting squishy jelly finish. It could also be used over a solid base coat, but I really liked it on its own. The glitter coverage is light to medium after 4 coats; be sure to let this dry well in between coats. It has a delicate look, still sparkly and glossy, and I like it a lot. I kept looking at my nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Whimsical is a dreamy, milky seafoam sheer jelly with scattered blue and pink hex & smaller round glitter. Lots of people probably prefer to use this as a top coat over a pale blue or other pastel polish, but I actually really like using it on its own when I'm in the mood to wear something light and sheer. Even at 3-4 coats, it's still possible to see the nail line. I find the polish to be very self-leveling, so you sort of can dab on the larger glitters that tend to otherwise pull to the tip of the nail and go from there. As with jellies, I really love how the glitter looks suspended in the base, adding depth with each coat. I'd recommend waiting a few minutes between coats to ensure this dries a bit faster, because otherwise (as with glittery polishes like this) it can take a ridiculously long time. For those on a budget, many have mentioned that this is a much cheaper dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. Whimsical is more "girly" than I'd usually go for, but I'd definitely get it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This polish doesn't work! The glitter barely comes off the brush onto your nails, and if you go over it again it just takes off what little was there. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JuniaIris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love this polish when I can get an even application of the glitter. However, I find this exceedingly difficult to do. The glittery goodness sticks to the sides of the bottle and I had to shake the heck out of my bottle to get any glitter at all on the brush. Even when I did manage to get a decent amount of glitter (and by decent I don't mean glitter bomb worthy, just more than a hex or two) it wanted to drag to the tip. I had to sort of slide it around on the nail to put it where I wanted to, which I know isn't uncommon but is still frustrating. Sliding it around to put it where you want it can ruin the finish of the polish you wear underneath it if you don't use a very light touch, so be warned.
I also have significant bubbling whenever I wear this polish, unfortunately.
I do really enjoy the mishmash of glitter in this polish, and I love that it's a drugstore dupe for a high end polish, but its application leaves something to be desired. I'm glad I own my bottle and I'll use it occasionally, but I most likely wouldn't repurchase if I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sha2702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i surprised when i found this kind of colour in Revlon stall because Revlon is rare to launch polish with glitter and such a cute colour...so without much thinking, i bought it straight !!
At first, i think the colour will be like baby blue or something, but after 2-3 times coat i realized that this is transparant so i used it as a top coat.. great & cute in affordable price.. Great!!