E.L.F. Tinted Moisturizer

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/27/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product has an odd smell to it and is super runny. It also feels oily, and not in a good way either. I use this to blend with my lighter BB creams and it works well to make a good colour match but on it's own it is shit.

on 4/14/2013 3:09:00 PM

I dont know why this product has so many bad reviews. I actually like this product. It works great on me i use it everyday. I will continue to buy this product <3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Not for me. Made my skin color look weird. Maybe it was the color, but I got the darkest they had. Maybe the product altogether just isn't for me. xoxo #lipstickjunkie87

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have never tried a tinted moisturizer before. I wanted to try this because of its price point. Great price.

I did my usual ingredient research since my skin is highly sensitive and acne prone. I am also a Retin A Micro user. The ingredients are 99% pass, except for the dimethicone, which for most people is not a problem and usually doesn't cause acne. So ingredients wise, it really exceed my expectations for such a cheap product.

The test: I took it home to try on. I got the second lightest (Nude) as my skin is very pale but probably not the palest. My skin is very neutral and the lotion looked yellow so I was scared, but I mixed it in with my CeraVe moisturizer and it blended in PERFECTLY. I then did a swatch on my check with the e.l.f alone and it actually blended in quite well. It didn't seem yellowy at all. The coverage was good, definitely not full, but very good. My skin is also very, very oily and this lotion dries pretty matte. I actually feel like the extra boost of vitamins and aloe have helped control my oil production, as my skin is properly moisturizer (which some oily girls seem to forget about when combating shiney skin).

This stuff is a definite PASS. It doesn't irritate my skin and so far hasn't made me break out. It covers well on days I don't feel like doing a full face and adds extra coverage to my bareminerals when I do wear makeup.

Might not work for everyone, but with such a great price point it's worth a shot!

on 9/20/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

There were two pluses to this product: 1.) The E.L.F. Tinted Moisturizer was cheap and, 2.) good coverage. However, this is the wrong product for oily skin. This product does not contain ingredients for oil control. Quite the contrary, it was apparent it had exacerbated the problem.

on 8/9/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know why this didn't get very good reviews...I love it! I do not know what shade I bought, but it is darker. Instead of putting it all over my face, I use it as a sort of bronzer, over my foundation. It gives a dewy look, I put it on my temples, a dab on my nose, and my chin. It looks great!

on 7/5/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, I want to find a tinted moisturizer that evened out my skintone, mainly because I finally got my skin to even itself out. I tried this for the price $3, VERY cheap. I think the quality of this product on my dry skin is bad. I keep my skin hydrated with moisturizer day and night, so I don't have a problem with flakiness. The actual product however was so bad, my shade apparently oxidized before I actually bought it, turning into a orange based color, for a while it was fine... I find the product to be somewhat oily on my skin and it didn't last at all throughout the day. Even with powder, and when I did use it I found my skin looking cakey.. TM is NOT suppose to do that. I found the formula also quite thick in the sense that it was quite goopey and sticky. The packaging is fairly good, you can have control of the product, especially with it's thick texture. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. Try to find something else.

on 6/26/2012 10:37:00 PM

I absolutley love this tinted moisturizer! It's not too oily for my skin and is very light-weight. If you look in the package the product may look a bit to orange for my yellow undertone skin, but the way it blends into my skin creates a barely there look! Also it's not sheer like some tinted moisturizers are, it has just enough pigment for me because I have fairly good skin so foundation is not needed. It is just plain amazing!

on 6/26/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this Elf Tinted Moisturizer, it was only $3 and it had a nice light coverage and was wearable alone. But sadly after about a week and a half of wearing it, it made me breakout like crazy!

on 5/11/2012 8:57:00 PM

I have the lightest one and it's a bit too orange for me. I reccomend the $1 one over this one.